It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Don't Understand

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Here's a bit about my life...

I told people that my step mother was going to die in a car crash.

The thought/feeling first came to me in a particular location whilst I was a passenger in car and looking at a particular building.

I said to the person driving that I was absolutely sure what was going to happen, that my step mother was going to die in a car crash. I couldn't explain it, it was just a sort of knowing with an absolute certainty. I knew that this building was somehow involved too, as looking at it from the car was what sparked off my thoughts.

I discussed it at length with a few close people. Although, I was shy about doing so because I thought that they might think I was a weirdo.

I literally sat them down and said "I'm absolutely certain that my step mother is going to die in a car crash, what should I do".

To my surprise, they didn't think it was strange thing at all. They advised me to say nothing to my father and step mother, and they thought that you can't change destiny.

My step mother had never once had a crash before, not even a parking ticket.

I then met a girl, and on our first date I said that one day I was going to marry her. I had exactly the same feeling of thought/knowing that I had just a couple of weeks before (the same sort of very strong feeling about a car crash killing my step mother).

The next day was the girl's birthday. I went to work as normal. 100's of other people also worked there. I saw a police car coming towards where I was working. Out of the 100's of people, I just knew it was coming for me. I was thinking, I've paid my bills and never committed a crime so why do they want me?

I was then called into an office. As I was walking there, I just knew what it was about. I was sat down, and I said "You don't have to tell me, my step mother has been killed in a car crash".

They were stunned, and asked me how I knew, all I could say was that "I just knew. I can't explain it but I just knew". They were freaked.

A couple of days later, I was with my father and he wanted to take some flowers into where my step mum had worked. He drove, I was in the passenger seat, and as we went there I saw the building that I had seen when I first had the feeling/thoughts of what was going to happen (and did happen to my step mother). It turned out the building was where she had worked for the last few weeks of her life, and my father took the flowers in whilst I waited in the car.

I also married the girl (years later after years of dating and who I had told on the first date that I was going to marry her one day) and whose birthday was the day my step mother died.

Also, I have a great Aunt in her 90's. On the night before the crash, she had a dream of my step mother reaching out to her but could not hold on. She was so alarmed that she called my father on the morning of the crash to say she was worried something was going to happen to my step mother. Normally, they don't speak for months.

Another thing. On the day of the crash, my father had a meeting a couple of hours drive away. He heard of a crash on the radio and 'just knew' it was his wife but didn't want to believe it. He got to his meeting and 'just knew' what must have happened and so turned around to drive home. This was in the days before mobile phones so couldn't have even called her to check if she was ok.

A couple of weeks later, I went for a day shopping with the new girlfriend (who became my wife). It was our first day out together, and we were to go by train. I said to her about how my favorite band (who are world famous) had split up 10 years beforehand, but wondered if I could get some of their rare records in the city we were going to. We missed the train by seconds, and instead decided to get the next train in the complete opposite direction to another city.

We got to the city, and we headed straight for the nearest big record shop. I looked through the racks searching for records by my favorite band. I looked up at a monitor and was stunned to see that the lead singer of my favorite band was actually going to be in store playing a few songs in just a few minutes. What are the odds of that?

I saw him waiting to do the songs, and the poor bloke looked absolutely devastated, as if someone had died.

The lead singer is incredibly famous throughout the world. I explained how I happened to be there by chance. For some reason my girlfriend (now wife) asked him why he wasn't wearing his wedding ring and he had tears in his eyes. She asked him 3 times and he couldn't speak. What a weird question for her to ask.

A few days later, it was all over the press about how his wife had left him for another rock star.

All that happened within a month of my life just over 10 years ago. Years later, and I'm the webmaster for the very famous rock stars band.

That 1 month of 'just knowing' has shaped my whole life. It gives me faith that there is more to life that we know of, although I don't know what that thing is.

[edit on 11-10-2005 by tommyc]

[edit on 11-10-2005 by tommyc]

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing your story here.

Occasionally, we do get validation that there is more to life than what we experience with our 'normal' senses, which makes our beliefs even stronger. After THAT month, you will never doubt again.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Reading your story, between the lines:

Are youu sorry for his death? You knew that he is going to die, it happened for a specific reason.

You had to share his death with others because it was important for the nature of the Outcome. Actually, you knew that other innocent people must die too, no matter what people you will have encounter with. I can understand that you were too shy to take hiss property after all: Nobody knows he is dead, nobody knows about his property. You knew what to do if you can keep him alive virtually... many people tend to do that, since someone's death is the hardest to believe.

Before you do anything foolish, always remember your bestt excuse: "I did it for money!!!"

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by istvan1
Reading your story, between the lines:

Between WHAT lines? Dude, what are you talking about? Every time I see your post on a thread it seems to have nothing to do with the thread. And you seem to be trying to demonstrate some clairvoyance or...something? Am I wrong?

tommyc- thanks for the story. Do things like this still happen to you where you get a precognitive feel, or was that a 1 month experience? I'm just wondering if you've made any effort to develop those abilities or if you've just let it lay. I'm about as sensitive as a set of car keys and have never experienced anything like that. If I ever did, and it happened with a frequency that was beyond anything that could be explained by coincidence, I think I'd have to jump in.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 07:35 AM
link   
sometimes i get stuff like that, and so does my mum, but in dreams

remember the canada air crash, when nobody died?

3 days before i had a dream, and the plane looked exactly the same as in the photos, and i was walking around in it looking for someone, but couldnt find any bodys

i told my friends about it before the crash, and they were a little surprised after, but not much

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
You should tell us every time you get one of these premonitions, then we will be able to see if it is luck or what it is, based on accuracy and if it actually happened.

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I never had a premonition before. However, the day before 9/11 I was hanging out with one of my friends and all of a sudden he just started talking about planes crashing into buildings and what it would be like if it happened sometime soon. The next day he said he didn't know why he started talking about it. We were just talking outside and nothing could of made him think of planes crashing or anything. I think I remember it being hard to understand him when he said it so maybe there was a plane flying over at that time. I'll ask him about it next time I get the chance.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 08:32 PM
link   
To add, a couple of days ago I thought of the great Aunt I mentioned above. I had not seen her for many months. I was walking along on my own and it was if she had suddenly spoken to me in my head. She said (in my head) that she had wanted to see my wedding photos and was saying sorry that she wouldn't be able to see them. I said to her in my head "Don't worry, it's not that important and I understand that you have to go" meaning I understand that she has to die.

Moments later I thought that was very weird, and I felt bad for thinking such a thing and that I hope she is OK. For some reason I 'just knew' that she was dying. It was very strange so I wrote down the time. It was 1.37pm. I got a call a few hours later to say she had died at the time I was talking to her in my head.

Even the day before, I was saying to my wife that I think we should quickly go and visit this relative because I thought she was going to die.

I don't know what it is, but I'm certain that there is more to everything than we realise.

[edit on 20-10-2006 by tommyc]

top topics

join