It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranormal Science Test?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I am going to rehash an old subject that was talked about here on ATS and in the news.

First off, I cant find the old thread about this issue. If anyone can find it, please post it here for reference.

Anyways on with the show !

First off read this short article.

Looking through cats' eyes

These are the first pictures from an extraordinary experiment which has probed what it is like to look through the eyes of another creature.

As reported on BBC News Online last week, a team of US scientists have wired a computer to a cat's brain and created videos of what the animal was seeing.

By recording the electrical activity of nerve cells in the thalamus, a region of the brain that receives signals from the eyes, researchers from the University of California at Berkeley were able to view these shapes.

The team used what they describe as a "linear decoding technique" to convert the signals from the stimulated cells into visual images.

Dr Yang Dan, Assistant Professor of Neurobiology at UC Berkeley, Fei Li and Garrett Stanley, now Assistant Professor of Biomedical Engineering at Harvard University conducted 11 experiments.

Source Article

There is a bit more in the article, so if you are interested, check it out.

Now on with the real meaning of the thread.

Since we can get images already (and with more time they are bound to get better) would it be safe to conduct other experiments with this technology?

Many people say animals are more prone to seeing the paranormal (ghosts).

Could these concept in fact prove or dissprove this thought?

Warning Tin Foil Hat Zone
Taking this one more step into tin foil hat realm, could this be used to gather the memory of humans (yeah far fetched) to prove or dissprove alien abduction?

Would an image truly be rendered?

Fun to think about.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer

Looking through cats' eyes

Because tthat is the only living creature near you... but you are not going to get rid of it, are you? Would be very hostile to do that for nothing.

Do you remember that guy who got rid of that baby? The one I showed you before...

Don't do that!

[edit on 10-10-2005 by istvan1]

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Many people say animals are more prone to seeing the paranormal (ghosts).
Could these concept in fact prove or dissprove this thought?

Well it could lend to the idea that the worse your eyesight is, the more likely you are to account a very normal object as being paranormal (Misinterpretation). The cat's version of that man's face looks like a classic example of a "grey" to me. I feel bad for my dog now... wow his eyesight sucks
. I wonder how crappy our eyesight is compared to more optically advanced animals.

I hope they hook it up to flies. People have always said flies see in a crazy kaleidoscope thing, but I don't know if I believe it. It would be neat to see, if they can probe a brain that small. lol.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
The image produced is not nearly as clear as the actual eyesight.

The images produced could also be clearer if they upped the method doing so.

And istvan1 I have no clue what you are talking about.

new topics

top topics

join