It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Turkey Reports First Bird Flu Case

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 01:23 AM
link   
With Romania announcing yesterday that it had discovered three cases of bird flu in the country, Turkey has followed suit, announcing their first case of bird flu inside the country. Officials last night announced that 1,800 birds had died of the disease at a farm in western Turkey. The farm is situated a few miles away from a nature reserve that attracts migrating birds. European Authorities are alarmed at the rate in which the disease is spreading across Europe although the Turkish agriculture minister says the situation is under control.

www.abc.net.au
Turkey says it has had to destroy all winged animals in a village in the western province of Balakasa, after discovering the country's first case of bird flu.

The news comes a day after Romania reported its first case of the flu.

The disease was discovered on a farm in the west of Turkey.

Details are still sketchy, but according to the Anatolia Newsagency, the outbreak first came to official attention on Wednesday.

The agency says all birds on the farm were slaughtered the next day and the entire area has been disinfected.

Turkey's agriculture minister says the situation is under control and every precaution has been taken to stop the disease spreading.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I really do think the Turkish agriculture minister has got it very wrong. The rate in which new cases are being reported in places that had never seen the bird flu before is alarming and does really signify that the disease is out of control and spreading rapidly.

Related News Links:
seattlepi.nwsource.com
www.timesonline.co.uk

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Act 4 Scene 2

A show of hand of peoplewho are now officialy concerned?

This is how the world ends, this is how the world ends, this is how the world ends; not with a bang, but with a wimper ...

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but I was too busy finding irony in bird flu in Turkey.
Not trying to make light of the topic, just a little peak in the disturbing mental operation of Thomas Crowne.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 01:39 AM
link   
*wipes Coca Cola off her screen from spluttering. Choked with laughter sorry. One needs a sense of humour at this point....with the dire situation and portents of doom

It is rather Ironic.

What I find hard to "swallow" is the fact that 1800 birds in one spot died of the disease and yet the authorities are saying its under control. How so?

[edit on 9-10-2005 by Mayet]

[edit on 9-10-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 01:44 AM
link   
My hand's waving!!

I've been following this quite a bit. In fact, I find it odd that many people still have no clue about it. Those who have heard something about it are so naive that it scares me. I think I'd feel moi better if people would educate themselves on this pandemic that's knocking on the door.

I seriously feel like I just don't have enough hours in the day to research and read. The more I learn the more I realize that nobody really knows this disease, scientists just making educated guesses on what they think it may or may not be.

I'm worried.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 01:52 AM
link   
[insert joke here.]

FredT, I don't think this will be the end of the world. Just the end of 150 million or so lives.
I've found that we all have lost faith in those who are supposed to protect us. For good reason of coarse, we have been seeing some major strife this past year.

You guys know how in the last week of the year all the T.V. networks run a 'year in review'? Well I think I wont be watching that this time around.

apc

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 03:00 AM
link   

... and the entire area has been disinfected.

Hmmm...

Images of farmland and countryside ablaze with fire come to mind.

And... irony indeed. Gobble.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
FredT, I don't think this will be the end of the world. Just the end of 150 million or so lives.

I was in a dramatic mood what can I say.
My concern lies with the piss poor responce we saw with the Katrina disaster. Its may boil down to every city, country, region, state on its own if it gets bad enuf.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I hear ya'

After watching what was going on with the Katrina disaster I really felt that if I was in a similar situation then I would be on my own. When we see this sort of thing happen in a country like the U.S.A. it really makes you think. The U.S. is far more rich and powerful than my country, if this is what happens there I can't imagine how thing would go down here.

new topics

top topics

join