It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questionable Victory for Refinery Construction

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising
Hey, its not for me to say, its for them to work out on the Hill.

On the contrary.

If you think it is rotten, well then, fine. But it's a bit much to say that someone is being naughty if you cannot explain what they could do in order to escape the charge of naughtiness.

If I say you're being an idiot, and you ask me how to stop being an idiot, I'm supposed to have an answer for you. If I don't, then you'd be right in thinking that I just didn't like you, never would like you, and that you'd never be an o.k. person in my book.

In fact, maybe that's a pretty good definition of prejudice, don't you think?

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I don't presume to be in the position of authority to dictate what a reasonable profit for big oil should be. I defer that decision to the people that have been elected to see to the public good. They have the resources at their disposal, and the background information, to reach a consensus that will be acceptable to both the corporate and public interests, if the system is allowed to function properly.

The unrecognized lobby of public opinion may yet balance the bucks doled out by the big oil lobbies. That's not prejudice, that's political reality. This country is in a time of crisis, believe it or not, recognize it as such or not, and we all need to pitch in and do our part to help straighten things out.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join