It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Karl Rove be Indicted?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   
After testifying four times on the well know case of the “white house insider” finally the name of the “source” was given away.

But the name of “Bush favorite” and probably the second most influencing man after the president may very well get indicted on the case.

Even when Rove has been very cooperative and has given his time freely to the inquiry, Special Prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald in the last week as the grand jury's wraps up its work and decides whether Rove, Vice President Cheney's chief of staff I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby or any other presidential aides should face criminal charges.

Do any of you thing that Karl Rove should be indicted? And what will this do to President Bush and the Republican Party?

www.cnn.com

[edit on 6-10-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
how can Karl Rove be indicted wen the reporter testified that it was Cheney's chief of staff that informed the reporter about the CIA operative's name? u just trying to get at Rove arent ya?

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Well the considerations are out there, some critics argue that it may very well happen because of the conflictive testimonies that he freely has given.

They can pretty much get him for lying about how much he knew about the case.

He may very well be given charges of accused of perjury, he told a Grand Jury that he was not responsible for leaking Plame's identity to Time magazine.

But actually did leak Plame to Cooper but not necessarily to Novak so he stuck his foot in his mouth.

So if anything is coming down it will be in the next week or two, while his lawyer claim that Rove didn't do it "Knowingly" it will be nice to know from where he got his information.

Right?

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Why not just sentence both Rove and Scooter to prison time. That is because what they did was basically an act of treason. What I think will happen the Bush "Administration" is that someone, I don't know who, will bring an indictment of treason against Bush that will lead to him and Cheney's removal from office and the possibility of life in prison.

As for what it would do to the Republican Party, it would make the rest of them look like a bunch of no good liars. This in turn could lead to a landslide victory for Democrats in 2006 for the Senate and in 2008 for the Presidency. I could be wrong though, like I am sometimes. The only thing that could keep Bush in the White House is the declaration of Martial Law.

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I say toss all of BushCo into the hoosegow if you want my opinion. We don't need this bunch of traitors running our country into the ground.

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Yes he should. He's as crooked as the rest of them in Washington.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Indicted = Formally accused of a crime.

Convicted = Found guilty by a jury of your peers in a court of law.

Before we go throwing the key away, let's make sure there's a reason too...

Just a thought.

Legal Eagle Monkeys, not just for due process anymore...

[edit on 9/10/2005 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Of your peers? Then Karl Rove has a case for getting this case thrown out. Why? How many Hellspawn do you know of? Unless you get all Hellspawn on the jury Karl can say he wasn't tried by his peers.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
Before we go throwing the key away, let's make sure there's a reason too...

Just a thought.

Besides you being the word police and turning the thread into one about semantics, I think we all get what she meant.

And to answer your question marg, yes I do believe he should be charged, he's manipulative and the puppet master behind bush's brain.
The whole cabal should be charged w/ treason in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Thanks Truelies,

Yes the latest will come next week the only way to bring charges will be due to his conflicting statements.

I hope something will be done, I will keep my eye on the events.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I think he should be tortured for the information, after all George says it's okay.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 08:12 AM
link   
You know sauron that brings me to B ush spoken words about his administration.

That nobody would be held accountable for mistakes.

I guess that included his own personal friends and advisers.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimmefootball400
Why not just sentence both Rove and Scooter to prison time. That is because what they did was basically an act of treason. What I think will happen the Bush "Administration" is that someone, I don't know who, will bring an indictment of treason against Bush that will lead to him and Cheney's removal from office and the possibility of life in prison.

As for what it would do to the Republican Party, it would make the rest of them look like a bunch of no good liars. This in turn could lead to a landslide victory for Democrats in 2006 for the Senate and in 2008 for the Presidency. I could be wrong though, like I am sometimes. The only thing that could keep Bush in the White House is the declaration of Martial Law.

what happens if they, while persuing Rove, Scotter, DeLay, find connections throughout the republican party, and for retailiation, the repubs cause a mass of indictments against the crooked dems....who would be next in line for the presidency, if they are all in jail?

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Perhaps that is what we need to do go back to the basis and get rid of all the elite politicians that are paid by the same interest groups.

You are right dawnstar they all crocks and deceivers, and they all pray to the same god.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
According to Bush's original statement about the Plame leak, "I'll fire anyone connected with the leak," and being an unindicted co-conspirator certainly qualifies the leaker to be axed.

Then Bush changed it to, "I'll fire anyone convicted of a crime". Thus the new standard means an unindicted co-conspirator may hold a position of trust in his adminstration i.e. Rove.

Bush started backsliding cause he knew Rove did it.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Regenmacher, I can not agree with you post more, I believe bush was involved and he was the one that got upset with wilson criticism.

Did Rove acted in a moment of spite when as to punish Joe Wilson Plame’s husband for criticism of the Bush administration back in July 6, 2003?

He denied that he did such a thing.

Wilson, Plame's husband, went public on July 6, 2003, with criticism of Bush administration officials, suggesting they manipulated intelligence to justify the Iraq war.

Eight days later the identity of Wilson’s wife was revealed by Novak.
Perhaps the one that was offended by the comments was Bush and he was the one that gave the name to Rove and Rove did his thing as a loyal pet of Bush.

The whole issue is becoming complicated and started to sound like a soap opera, now to me, in wish revenge and bad vibes are running rampant in the Bush administration, all because the war in Iraq.

www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/10/08/cia.leak.ap/index.html

[edit on 10-10-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I know what you mean by complicated, Marg. My brain drifts off and eyes glaze over trying to dig through the massive amounts of nonsensical political poop looking for some assemblance of truth.

I found this useful for some clarity:
www.tpmcafe.com...

Gut level check says this all is about to blow wide open and has the same feeling as in the initial stages of Watergate.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Thanks for the link,

In my opinion it all comes as a moment of Bush's temper tantrum around Rove after listening to Wilson's criticism, Bush is not a person that take kindly to any comments on his action and persona.

I believe it was more between Bush and Rove,

Regardless of whether anyone in the Bush Administration is indicted, what was done to Valerie Plame Wilson was wrong and morally reprehensible. Rather than hold members of his Administration to the highest ethical and moral standards, President George W. Bush has not only lowered lowered the standard of acceptable conduct by members of his Administration, his actions and inactions have weakened the CIA and its ability to accomplish its various national security missions.

I agree that it was wrong, this shows what a moment of spite can do to a person's life, they are all involved and they should all be indicted and it should be considered an act of treason.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Throw Bush and his buddies out and bring back Ford! If we can't do that, bring back Jimmy Carter because he is the one that saved the Harrisburg/Three mile Island area from a nuclear catastrophe.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
Legal Eagle Monkeys, not just for due process anymore...

Thank you Mirth.
I accidentally stumbled on your closing remarks while scanning my office for bugs. The bugs are being returned via courier. Actually a big haired intern volunteered. She'd never been head of anything before, much less Head Lice.

Thought I'd just post the defense here though so we could all start apologizing to Karl now.

Karl didn't do anything wrong.
And even if he did, Valerie Plame wasn't a spy.
And even if she was, she wasn't undercover.
And even if she was, Wilson told everyone
And even if he didn't, everyone knew who she was anyway.
And even if they didn't, she had not done anything secret on the last 5 years.
And even if she did, outing her wasn't a crime
And even if it was, outing her did not ruin a 20 year CIA operation and their front company Brewster & Jennings
And even if it did, outing her did not endanger her and her family
And even if it did, outing her did not endanger other CIA agents who worked for her
And even if it did, they deserved it because her CIA group was out to get Bush
And even if they weren't, Wilson lied.
And even if he didn't, it was trap concocted by Wilson's buddy Clinton and his wife Hillary to get at Bush
And even if it wasn't, Wilson was a partisan Democrat.
And even if he wasn't, his report wasn't important to anyone outside the Wilson household.
And even if it was, it was full of mistakes and grammar errors.
And even if it wasn't, everyone leaks intel like that in Congress.
And even if they don't, David Corn outed her first
And even if he didn't Novak never said her name
And even if he did he was never warned by the CIA not to do it
And even if he was Rove never said her name
And even if he did there is no proof
And even if there's proof, Rove only was only trying to prevent a mistake
And even if there was no mistake to prevent, Rove heard it from another reporter
And even if he didn't, he didn't know it was his job to prevent the leak
And even if he did, it's not like he signed a document saying he would never do it
And even if he did, it's not like Rove's boss promised to fire anyone involved
And even if he did, it's not like Bush signed a document saying he had to take corrective action
And even if he did, there is no proof someone from the WH blabbed
And even if there is proof, Judy Miller is not going to talk
And even if Judy talks, she was never working on a story about Wilson
And even if she was, there are no notes and the NYT denies it
And even if there are notes, Rove never mentioned any of this to anyone in the WH
And even if he did, no one will ever find the e-mail
And even if they find it, Rove had just forgotten about it
And even if he didn't forget, he lied to Bush and GW is innocent
And even if he isn't Democrats and Clinton are 'out to get Rove and Bush with lies and innuendo
And even if they are telling the truth... Hey look over there: See Miers ? Letter from Al Qaeda ? Avian Flu ? Subway terror Alert ?

Valerie who ? This is old news...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join