It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo of cigar 'mothership' UFOs taken in Vietnam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   

This photo was supposedly taken by an Australian soldier in Vietnam war around the 1970's.

Does anyone have anymore infomation on this photo?

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   
That could be the sky or the ground or water behind him. I really can't tell what I'm looking at. Can we see a larger version of the picture?

Peace

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Given the situation, I find it far more believable that those are anything from bullets to choppers to planes to bombs to the background to clouds in the sky.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Definately looks like cano's in water to me.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thain Esh Kelch
Definately looks like cano's in water to me.

Agreed. Boats in the water would be the way I go on this one.

Peace

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Sorry, but that looks like boats in the water to me.
Ask yourself this: "Why didn't the photographer notice them?" - if he/she did then the guy in the photo would be facing the other way and pointing or something instead of facing the cam (or he wouldnt even be in the picture at all with all the insuing pandemonium).

Also, the subject of the pic (the soldier) is downhill from the photographer (who is actually facing down as he takes the pic) - hence they are on or near the top of a hill, for that to be sky behind them that would have to be one very large hill.

Fix your gaze at the transition point of the sun behind them. You can see where the glare of the sun starts to die off, that is where the features of water become unmistakable.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
There's no way to tell what those objects are or even the perspective of the picture, so it is only natural to assume that they must be cigar-shaped motherships filled with extraterrestrials.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
did anybody notice the VIDEO blur at the bottom of the picture, the blacked out face, and the over exposure of the sky.

[edit on 6-10-2005 by sideshowk]

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I'm just wondering if anyone else has come across this picture before, or knows of were I can get larger images.

They do look like canoes in a river. I'd still like to see it larger though.

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Very difficult to say what these things can be. But i think that one of them looks too long to be a boat though. Anyway thanks for posting this picture. Never saw it before.

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
While I'm leaning towards the boat theory as well, I can't help but nit-pick here:

Originally posted by Master Wu
Ask yourself this: "Why didn't the photographer notice them?" - if he/she did then the guy in the photo would be facing the other way and pointing or something instead of facing the cam (or he wouldnt even be in the picture at all with all the insuing pandemonium).

The photographer could've well been distracted while he was taking the pic, or noticed them after they shot it--there's no way to tell what happened after the picture was finished. The objects could've been what the photographer was trying to catch, and didn't want to draw much attention to him/herself while there may be an enemy over the next hill. I know those are kinda lame excuses, but there is a bit of logic to them--I don't think the actions displayed in the picture can be used to prove or debunk it.

Also, although the soldier is in focus better, the object right above and to the right of their head (opposite of the rifle) is centered. That leads me to believe that the photographer did these objects, and was trying to take a picture of them instead of the soldier. Of course, this particular image could be cropped and that would throw it off completely, but...

Also, the subject of the pic (the soldier) is downhill from the photographer (who is actually facing down as he takes the pic) - hence they are on or near the top of a hill, for that to be sky behind them that would have to be one very large hill.

Actually, to me the terrain in the background actually can look like it's above/level with the photographer. It depends on whether you want to think the objects are in the sky or in the water--if you're convinced that's water back there, then it looks like the photographer is shooting downwards. If you're convinced it's sky behind the terrain, then the picture appears to be taken at a fairly level angle.

Fix your gaze at the transition point of the sun behind them. You can see where the glare of the sun starts to die off, that is where the features of water become unmistakable.

All that I see where the sun dies off is a haze, which could be water reflection or it could be smoke. This is supposedly in a region that was having a war at the supposed time--bombs, napalm, grenades, flamethrowers, lots of stuff that can make a nice little dark haze on a grainy photo.

I personally would like to see a link to a larger copy. It'd be nice if it was taken in color, but I'm sure if one were available, it would've been posted instead. It is a neat image though; definitely food for though (for me at least.)

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Forgive me if this sounds daft but it is late and i've had a few beers

How can the objects in question be canoes or something in water in the background when it looks like the picture has been taken from a normal viewpoint.The objects appear to be above trees,either behind or in front of them,which unless i'm mistaken rules out the possibility of canoes or water based on the angle of the photo.

Hope i make some sense there lol

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   
To me it looks like a photo taken on a hill with the photographer slightly higher than the person in the picture. The countryside pans out into water.

You can see the sun position in the water glare. Notice how its pretty much white in the top left, then spreads out into warmer colors.

I dont know what the boats in question would be, maybe something like this.

They built many styles and that would explain the difference in the shapes of the crafts.

They made much larger ones. This is obviously not a war era photo in my example.

[edit on 8-10-2005 by Dulcimer]

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
Given the situation, I find it far more believable that those are anything from bullets to choppers to planes to bombs to the background to clouds in the sky.

bullets aren't that long, and that's no place for bullets, regardless if it's sky/water.

Choppers aren't that long, have more height, usually tend to have a tail and a propeller.

Planes tend to have wings.

Bombs would have been dropping too fast for the camera to capture them so clearly.

Clouds tend to look like clouds and not long, skinny sticks.

Originally posted by Master Wu

If they are alien craft, then the whole reason for that photo is to capture them on film, the photographer DID notice them, and he took a picture of them, using the person as a referance point / didn't want to waste the film on just the sky.

Also, those are 100% definately not boats, because they are on different angles, where boats would all be on the water in a horizontal position.

Magnifying the photo many many times, the right most and longest thing looks perfectly cylindrical (now wouldn't a boat, or even a sub have something on top of it? yes it would!)

The left most one seems it have something on it's right side on the top, just a few extra pixels, although it's tilting forward/turning.

Personally that one resembes a ww2 style grenade a little bit, but it's definately not such an object, as it would be greatly out-of-place.

All these objects seem to have darker colored tips.

Anyway, they are evry odd.....this picture is very odd.

[edit on 9-10-2005 by Manincloak]

new topics

top topics

join