It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC Morning News covering The Order of The Garter right now as we speak

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   
www.historyworld.net...
watch.pair.com...
more info on them

apparently, they are holding an event, and it is being broadcasted today on the news they're live from windsor castle right now as we speak

www.heraldica.org... has posted this:

"The Templars, which, by virtue of their vast network of fund-collecting, had become bankers of sorts, resisted attempts at a merger with the Order of Saint-John, a project the Pope and other rulers insisted on to better marshal resources for new crusades. Impatient with this resistance, irritated at the disorder and lack of morality which prevailed in the order, and probably mindful of the Temple's riches, the King of France arrested the Templars, had them tried on trumped-up charges, and coerced the Pope into pronouncing the dissolution of their order (1312). The Order of Saint-John became the recipient of the Templars' estates. Two offshoots of the Templars survived in the form of new Orders: the Order of Christ in Portugal (1318) and the Order of Montesa in Spain (1319). Since the 18th century, many other groups have sprung up claiming a filiation with the Templars. "

then it goes on to discuss the order of the garter.... can anyone put together any connections between the two? and why are these guys getting smothered all over the news like they were the vatican??

[edit on 6-10-2005 by boombye]

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   
This is interseting, and I think we can more or less say it can go in this forum, but, the Order of The Garter, they're not really all that secret no? Also, that second link, whats the order got to do with freemasonry? Its far older.

Does the news say what the event is? Are they inducting a new member?

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Yeah they'll be featured more tomorrow as abc morning news will report live from buckingham palace... ABC Morning News is done for now, and they've switched over to local news just now.

Also I'm just trying to see if their is any connection, not trying to imply one.

I think they're bringing in new members, can't be too sure.. They just had a choir singing from St. George's Chapel... but there will be more on it tomorrow.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I don't think there's any conspiracy here...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I'm looking for a connection, not a conspiracy.

I'm looking for a connection between them and the Templars, to incite that there is a conspiracy is kind of ridiculous... So associating with Templars is grounds for a conspiracy??

What if I were to do what you did and the post this; en.wikipedia.org...

I see no conspiracy there either.

It's known that the Templars, The Garters, and Freemasons exist... What I am looking for is a connection or association. If there was one, that still wouldn't be a conspiracy, it just be a mere connection.

Think about this before you're quick to deliver the disinfo.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   
No one's deleivered any disinfo. What do you feel is the connection between the order of the garter, the knights templar, and the freemasons?

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by boombye
www.heraldica.org...

Although the site documents the history of the Order of the Garter in some detail and its origins with the Knights Templar, there is no mention of freemasonry anywhere. What makes you think it is linked?

new topics

top topics

join