It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syndicated Re-Runs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   
With the advent of niche television..Just about anything can end up syndicated, and run over and over again. Old dramas, westerns, sci-fi's, Sit-coms..
Some are great classic television, some are nothing more than "filler" material..

some of my faves:
Original Star Trek series
The Dick VanDyke Show (great rapid fire dialog)..
Seinfeld
I'm even partial to Rosanne..which I didn't watch much originally, but I've since noticed has some very clever interchanges..

What do you like? What can you watch over and over..

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Original Star Trek is a given, I never get tired of that, and The Dick VanDyke Show will always be one of my favorites. I don't consider Seinfeld or Roseanne to be old enough to be thought of as "Classic TV", but they are both good shows.

I love The Beverly Hillbillies, it's just great classic TV.
Though it did get a bit lame in the last 2-3 seasons, I still love to watch them all.
The best episodes are the black & whites.
The shows that tied in with it are also good. Petticoat Junction & Green Acres

One show that just came back in re-runs a couple weeks ago on our local Christian station is The Flying Nun, I'm watching them every day right now. Great show.....

Some of my other favorites:

Leave It To Beaver
I Dream Of Jeannie
My Favorite Martian
Get Smart
(Don Adams just passed away last week)

So many great shows from the past.............

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   
GET SMART

How could I forget? I still use the "cone of silence" reference when we buy technology here at work, technology that DOES NOT perform up to the brochure's
standards..

True, Rosanne is not a classic...I have to say though , that Laurie Metcalf, who played the sister..Is a great comedic actress...and often outperformed the lead characters..

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   
She was the one I always wanted to see. She has amazed me in every role I've seen her in.

That show also had Estelle Parsons, a true artist in her craft.

www.imdb.com...

She's one of those people that I'd just love to have lunch with and hang out over a few drinks. I think she'd be a lot of fun.

top topics

join