It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

16th Amendment never ratified, no authority to tax? In courts now

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Here's the link:

forums.1fast400.com...

I believe I have heard about this before, but nobody ever bothered to bring the "evidence" to light.

At the very least it's great food for thought...

...at the very most, I hope I get a nice fat retroactive check in the mail someday soon!

Yeah, riiiiiight!

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Although I like the idea of no taxes and retroactive checks reality kicks in and I realize if someone was able to actually make this case work what would the country do?

How would this country function if they suddenly no longer had money to run the infastructure? I hope if nothing else this lawsuit brings to light the unfairness of the tax code and helps to usher in a flat tax program or a sales tax model. Both of which would be far more fair than the current system.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Here's the original source for the story:
www.thelawthatneverwas.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Won't be looking for any rebate checks soon.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Why would you link to a discussion thread on another forum? Are you the opening poster in that forum? Where is this being brought up in the courts?

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by nativeokie
I hope if nothing else this lawsuit brings to light the unfairness of the tax code and helps to usher in a flat tax program or a sales tax model. Both of which would be far more fair than the current system.

Flat tax system although fantastic for an economic boost, would only begin to harm the average person even more. It is a 'short term fix' to the economy and gains the 'few' the ability to own even more.

What you need is a much lower system of taxation like Sweden has. Lower on average tax than America on the poor, thus less need to use the 'Social system', slightly higher taxation on hich income earners and VAT on un-needed goods, such as alcohol and unhealthy food.
www.aei.org...

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
A gradual Flat tax based upon income would work nicely.

seekerof

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
A gradual Flat tax based upon income would work nicely.

seekerof

Flat tax in Europe, is the idea that everyone pays X percent of their wages no matter their income. So for example everyone pays 10% and isn't a fair system at all.

There are people we owe a duty of care to, whatever people think and such a system if highly open to abuse. I also have never seen a 'flat tax based upon income' described before.

Do you mean the Marxist version of taxation? Where you have a set percentage depending on the level you are in between?

new topics

top topics

join