It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Funding Father" of the US Conservative Movement Wakes Up, Smells Coffee!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Richard Viguerie, one of THE big old-time leaders of the Republican party, just sent this to his email list to which AmericaBLOG subscribes. Bush is in serious trouble:

Conservatives Feel Betrayed
“President Bush Blinks on Supreme Court Nominees”

"Congratulations are due to Ralph Neas, Nan Aron, and Chuck Schumer for going toe-to-toe with President Bush and forcing him to blink,” said conservative activist Richard A. Viguerie. “Liberals have successfully cowed President Bush by scaring him off from nominating a known conservative, strict constructionist to the Court, leaving conservatives fearful of which direction the Court will go.”

“President Bush desperately needed to have an ideological fight with the Left to redefine himself and re-energize his political base, which is in shock and dismay over his big government policies,” Viguerie added.

“With their lack of strong, identifiable records, President Bush’s choices for Supreme Court nominees seem designed more to avoid a fight with the extreme Left than to appeal to his conservative base,” lamented Viguerie.

Many conservatives worry that without verifiable records, President Bush’s Supreme Court nominees will be more like the liberal Justice Souter than the conservative, strict constructionists Scalia and Thomas.

Remembering and still dismayed about how his father, President George H. W. Bush (the 41st), lied to conservatives and American voters by saying he was a conservative and expressly stating he would not raise taxes, conservatives fear President George W. Bush (the 43rd) has done the same by failing to nominate well-known conservative, strict constructionists to the U.S. Supreme Court.

President Bush has presided over the largest growth in government since Lyndon Johnson, and now he appears willing to lose all credibility with conservative voters by failing to fulfill his campaign vow to nominate an openly Scalia- or Thomas-like justice,” Viguerie concluded.

Conservatives are also exceedingly disappointed in the Republican Leadership in Congress as well. Conservatives will now begin to seriously consider why they should continue to give their support –money, labor, and votes – to Republican politicians who take their conservative base for granted by continually lying to them.

--30--

Richard A. Viguerie, Chairman of American Target Advertising, pioneered ideological and political direct mail and has been called “the funding father of the conservative movement” for his role in forming dozens of conservative organizations. He is the author of four books, including “America’s Right Turn,” (Bonus Books, 2004).

This means not only serious money but the blood, sweat and tears of the Grand Old Party's base is realizing it's been fooled again. You simply can't make a virtual party of slapped together wedges that literally hate each other work. There's is no cohesion in empty rhetoric, and no "fearless leader" can possibly hope to do anything but disappoint them ALL.

I am not saying "RINOS," libertarians, constitutionalists and moral authoritarians still voting Republican against their better judgement should join the Democratic Party either. No really, we're fine. We actually agree on our platform and direction and don't want you crazy people. We like being the mainstream populist movement consistently in step with the American majority on every single real issue for the past century.

But all you little fringes of society wedged together as a virtual "majority" under action movie stars, criminals and fundamentalist doomsday cults really need to move on with your lives and quit doing this to yourselves. You're never happy with the outcome. Always furious when you realize you don't matter to the Republican Party. Yet you just keep doing it and doing it over and over and over again.

This is nothing new. The reality based community has been telling you this for decades! The Republican Party is a JOKE and you're the punchline.

Here's a list of 50 other US parties to help you get started with the rest of your life.

[edit on 4-10-2005 by RANT]

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Even the Freepers, those bastions of conservative thought, are jumping ship, threatening to vote the big 'D'. Moderates and progressives are too scattered. Votes and support for opposition were diffused. Bush and his agenda won popularity in the past, through the support of a small, organized, core of the hard-right. It seems like even they are growing tired of his lack of competence. It seems his 'political capital' has devalued greatly.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
The problem with the conservative "Old timers of the Republican party" is that they has not only lost control of the President, but also the entire Republican party to outsiders.

If you look at what the old timers stand for, and what Bush liberalism and radicalism has done to it is a clash that can not be ignored.

To many "interest groups" claiming ownership of the Republican party and its leaders are disintegrating the bases of what the party stood at one time.

Like everything in life the "old Timers are becoming obsolete" they either reconstruct their party again from the bottom or get a new party going.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I jumped the GOP ship when it became clear they're not much different from the Democrats.

Which is why I now vote Constitution Party. They're the true conservatives, and constitutionalists.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I think you will see much more Libertarian activity in upcoming elections. I don't think that many Conservatives are going be comfortable jumping right into the Democrat camp.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ambient Sound
I think you will see much more Libertarian activity in upcoming elections. I don't think that many Conservatives are going be comfortable jumping right into the Democrat camp.

Nor should they.
You know. Look at candidates, platforms and party history of course, but most importantly direction. I'm very sympathetic to some aspects of the Libertarian platforms myself in local matters.

I think what we all need to do really though is break some molds. Free our minds. And dust the Nixon era off our feet once and for all.

top topics

join