It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

cgi experts: check this

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Im at work and my co-worker points out this video he found on the net. It looks real as anything, but if it is - why isnt it on the news? Really, if authentic - it must be the coolest home video ever shot. I want to say its CGI, but if so, its very well done. On par with hollywood. It ~seems~ to be a meteor crashing into the desert right as someone is filming. Thought I would let the CGI experts here at ATS give the verdict.

poststuff.entensity.net...

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 07:50 AM
link   
woahhh that's intense!!

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Toyota Tundra commercial. It was all over Monday Night Football last night.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I think its fake (i'm no expert )
reason the truck was moving at begining then the explosion is right in
front or on the the truck and later the truck goes thru the smoke
I'm thinking if an explosion like that happened in front or on a truck
wouldn't there be damage on the truck?
all the stuff on back of the truck is gone after it drives thru. but the truck survives
can this be a commercial for the company " Our trucks last thru anything ?"
just my 2cents.

Edit part : thats what i get for taking to long to post, Good guess for myself since I don't watch tv.

[edit on 10/4/2005 by EvilBat]

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Couple things that showed me it must be VFX: the shockwave of such an event would wrecked the truck, the people would of been fragged and the other guys were coughing before the dust got there.

Toyota Tacoma "Meteor" 09/07/2005
www.methodstudios.com...

Toyota's Tacoma and Mitsubishi's Raider pickup trucks star in spots that debut during tonight's telecast of ABC's Monday Night Football.

Publicis Groupe's Saatchi & Saatchi in Torrance, Calif., unveils a spot in which young men partying in the desert accidentally tape a meteor striking a Tacoma.

After recovering from the shock blast, the boys whoop it up when they see the truck emerge apparently unscathed, except for losing its payload of exploded ATVs. adweek

It's still great FX!

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Woah!

Now that's a cool home movie.

top topics

join