It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gracefully bowing out of the council race.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   
With the announcement of the council elections I decided to take the plunge and run for the seat of DISC councilor. With much regret I must now withdraw from the race. I do so because I believe it is for the good of ATS.

After checking out the fine members I would be running against I came to the conclusion that one member is FAR more qualified for the job and would be much better suited to serve the ATS DISC community then I am. I speak of Seekerof.

Seekerof has been here two years longer then I have. He has been an assistant to Majic who is the present DISC councilor. He has .8 % of all posts on this site and posts an average of 16.34 times each day. How the hell can anyone compete with THAT?

With humble gratitude for your consideration I withdraw from the race and place my full support behind Seekerof for the role of DISC councilor. I find no other that deserves the position more then he.

Love and light to each of you,

Wupy

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Wupy, if I may have your permission to address this way, you should certainly NOT withdraw from running for the DISC representative spot.

My time, nor my contributions are necessarily relevant. In fact, to me, they are not.
You are just as qualified to run for that position, as anyone else!
How so?
Because your goal is the same as my goal: The continued betterment of ATS and the community/member experience within ATS.

I urge you, no, I implore you to NOT back out, and to withdraw this declaration.

You are just as qualified as me, be assured of this, Wupy.

This is not about qualifications or contributions; this is about intent and the commitment to ATS and the members that make up this community.

seekerof

[edit on 2-10-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   
My friend, I must dis-agree when it comes to your experiance and time on board. It is not wrong to admit that someone else is more qualified to lead than yourself. It is a sign of respect, and you have mine whole heartedly.

This doesn't mean you wont have competiton. Others are gunning for the job as well. I believe you are the most qualified for it and will do everything I can to see that the job is yours. Need some campaign funds? I'll send a check.

Don't take this wrong, i'm not going anywhere. I'll be posting daily and badgering your ass on why things are as they are. I'm looking to you as someone I can learn from. I will learn from your screw ups just as surely as I will learn from your success'. Perhaps in the future i'll run for the job. Until then I honestly believe you are the most qualified.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
With the announcement of the council elections I decided to take the plunge and run for the seat of DISC councilor. With much regret I must now withdraw from the race. I do so because I believe it is for the good of ATS

Fight the good fight.
Unless you feel that your unable to fill the position, soldier on.
Choice is the basis of democracy..........................

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   
*Disapproving stare directed at mrwupy*

Seeker, quit threatening to break your opponents' legs!

Zip

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I must be forced to agree with Seekerof!

MrWupy cushion! Please reconsider. Although I'm sure Seekerof would make a fine DISC councilor, this is a position that the people of ATS vote for. By taking yourself out of the running, you are disenfranchising the people of ATS!

Surely you trust us to make a sound decision? I also implore you not to take this decision away from us, but let democracy play out. You may win or you may lose, but your qualifications are clearly top notch.

Please read Seekerof's post again. Again. One more time. Read it until you see that you would be taking away something that we hold dear. The right to choose who WE think would be the best person for the position.

Please?

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Why did you run a primary race when you knew all of this?

Frankly I think this is an insult to all of those who voted for you. Myself included.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
Why did you run a primary race when you knew all of this?

Frankly I think this is an insult to all of those who voted for you. Myself included.

Nerdling, there was no DISC primary race, where and when did you vote for mrwupy?

Anyway, I agree you shouldn't pull out...you threw your hat into the ring, you should let the voters decide. There's certainly no shame in losing, and you might just end up winning!

[edit on 10/2/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 11:35 PM
link   

With the announcement of the council elections I decided to take the plunge and run for the seat of DISC councilor. With much regret I must now withdraw from the race. I do so because I believe it is for the good of ATS.

After checking out the fine members I would be running against I came to the conclusion that one member is FAR more qualified for the job and would be much better suited to serve the ATS DISC community then I am. I speak of Seekerof.

Seekerof has been here two years longer then I have. He has been an assistant to Majic who is the present DISC councilor. He has .8 % of all posts on this site and posts an average of 16.34 times each day. How the hell can anyone compete with THAT?

With humble gratitude for your consideration I withdraw from the race and place my full support behind Seekerof for the role of DISC councilor. I find no other that deserves the position more then he.

Love and light to each of you,

Wupy

Who's large mane of hair are you gently brushing here?
Obviously your qualified for the job, and members have expressed a desire for you to fill the position.

Roll the dice.
Let the members decide..........

(mod edit: crass language)

[edit on 10/3/2005 by Amorymeltzer]

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Cheap attempt to gain attention.

Enough of the unorthodox campaign style. Now, start shaking babies and kissing hands!
Check, reverse that last order.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Awww...c'mon...

Kerry knew the election was rigged, but at least he played his part. You actually have a fighting chance in a fair election and you're backing out? This is a confidence issue, I think. Chin up, chest out, dude. Fight the good fight. Ya never know...you might just win. And if ya don't, so what?

Love, Light, and Courage in the Face of Adversity.

[edit on 2005-10-3 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Ya never know, you could win.

Why not let the fates speak before you throw in the towel?

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   
mrwupy, i agree with most of the people who have posted in this thread.
dont give up and stick to it, because if members see that you gave up because you have hard competition then that really doesnt help you if you deside to run in the future.

if you really think you will not be able to do the things asked,, then drop out and quit. but you must of had a feeling if only at the beginning that you could actually do the job so what has changed?

oni x x

ps: i am not being nasty but i think you have a good chance of wining so i am trying to make you carry on. but we all will support you what ever you choose! x x

[edit on 3-10-2005 by Oni x x]

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
mrwupy,

I will come to your defence, I bowed out because of a overwhelming amount of votes to overcome. I did get a lot of votes, and I am thankful. I feel the people know what they want.

I think you have been very honorable, much more than I was. You are not saying its going to be hard for you to win, either way, just that you think there are better people in the race, and you think its for the better of the ATS.

Very Honorable, thank you.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Mrwupy, I apologize for twisting your arm and pressuring you to reconsider. Although I would prefer you run, I support your choice 100% and I respect your decision either way.

You're a good man, you would make a great dics councilor and you make a great contributing member.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I'm at 9.47, and I work/college over 50hrs a week.

You can post more than Seeker...

You have the power to spam!

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I for one, am glad mrwupy has withdrawn. It will save me the time and tax payer ATS points to show the entire forum that HE was actually deepthroat, he brokered the IRAN / CONTRA thingy-muh-bob, he is the one that actually HIRED Monica, and he is the one that talked George W and Cheney into the land swapping deal with Peru....whoops...that one hasn't broken yet has it. Anyway I say good riddens and may the next candidate NOT be so damned politically connected!!!

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Thank you for making us aware of this. As you can see, many people support you, and many disagree.

I will leave you to your thoughts.

top topics

join