It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Sighting in L.A. Sept 24,2005

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I was just curious what everyone thinks of this latest "UFO sighting" in LA. This was posted on the C2C website recently.

This image was detected after being uploaded from the camera to the computer. Interestingly, there was no indication of anything in the sky during the time the photograph was taken on September 24, 2005.

-Timothy

and a closeup...

So, what is that green glow? Could it be reflection off a cloud (or smog) from a beam of light from some building? Could this be a fake photo? If it is fake, that is a pretty good fake, isn't it?

Sorry if this has already been posted...

xu

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   
it could be a lens flare... from the green light near the lower right side of the image. it seems the cone is facing that light and the colours also match but who knows.

and there are other lights in the scene so why only one of them would create a flare? maybe because that is the only light where the camera sees the light source directly except the red lights on top of the buildings but those are not strong in intensity to create a lens flare. other lights are neons, indirect illuminations reflections etc. so that green light seems a probable candidate for the flare while others are not.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   
The close up of this is interesting... that said I have to agree with the last poster that this is a light cast "somehow" off the building with the green neon surrounding the outside.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   

This looks very similar to this sighting over devon port ,Plymouth.This picture was take by a dock worker on January 28th 2004.

www.darkstar1.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
It looks like the reflection of a indoor lamp, the picture was taken behind a window. Just my two cents

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   
It's a rocket. This was launched on the 24th near L.A.

Here's a photo of the rockets trail...

external image
link to full size image
www.spaceweather.com...
There is also a video someone shot but I cannot find the address. I will post it if I can find it.

Peace,

~Jammer

(mod edit to resize large image)

[edit on 4-10-2005 by pantha]

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jammerman
It's a rocket. This was launched on the 24th near L.A.

Team Vandenberg launches a Minotaur rocket from the Space Launch Complex-8 at South Vandenberg, California, September 22, 2005. The rocket lifted off at 7:24 PST.
news.yahoo.com.../050923/ids_photos_ts/r1787887599.jpg

So you are saying that the trail of the rocket launch on September 22 was still visible two days later on september 24 when the picture of the UFO was taken? Or you just made a mistake in the date?

[edit on 3-10-2005 by space_friend12]

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Oops. I got my dates messed up.

Yes, that seems unlikely to be the rocket that launched two days prior.

Good catch.

Peace,

~Jammer

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 12:48 AM
link   
To Whom It May Concern:

It was swamp gas reflecting the light of Venus...

Respectfully,
Local Gov'mint Coverup Guy.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 04:55 AM
link   
good quality. interesting picture. not sure what it is. a satelite, reflection, or maybe venus through i high layer of fog. ??? anyway good pic.

ps. SWAMP GAS lol.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I wonder why it was`nt noticed until developed it seems pretty much in your face?

unless something like anorwegianguy1972 suggested being a reflection from a lamp on the window.

Either that or its aliens gonig to do some late night banking,well the building light is on its a common mistake.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   

It looks like the reflection of a indoor lamp, the picture was taken behind a window. Just my two cents

Bing! Bing! Bing! My call on it as well....

top topics

join