It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Israeli Legislators to Washington: If You Don't Stop Iran, We Will

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Three senior Israeli legislators visiting Washington have warned that if the US and her allies do nothing to stop Iran's nuclear programmes, then Israel will act unilaterally and with military force to ensure that they are stopped. The lawmakers stated that conventional diplomacy will not work, and that Iran will not be deterred "by anything short of a threat of force."

www.washtimes.com
"They won't be stopped unless they are convinced their programs will be destroyed if they continue," [Arieh Eldad] said.
Yuval Steinitz, chairman of the Knesset Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee, said the best hope was for the United States and other major powers to make it clear to Iranian leaders now there was "no chance they will ever see the fruits of a nuclear program."
"Threats of sanctions and isolation alone will not do it," said Mr. Steinitz.

"We feel we are obliged to warn our friends that Israel should not be pushed into a situation where we see no other solution but to act unilaterally" against Iran, [Yosef Lapid] said.

"Despite all the different circumstances, we see similarities to what happened in the 1930s, when people underestimated the real problem or focused on other dangers. For us, either the world will tackle Iran in advance or all of us will face the consequences."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Every time the issue of Iran's nuclear program and Israel's objection to it comes up, I can't help but think of Mordechai Vanunu.

I haven't really been following this issue very closely, so maybe someone can elucidate on the evidence that Iran is planning to pursue a nuclear weapons program. As far as I knew, Iran was a signatory of the NPT, Article IV of which provides signatories with the “inalienable right to develop research, production and use of nuclear energy for peaceful purposes." So do Washington and Israel possess evidence of their claims, or have they merely pulled out a few ex-MEK members - now under Washington's wing - to point the finger? Is this simply an arbitrary persecution because Iran is Israel's historical enemy?

And Israel's "you better do something about this or I'm gonna open a can of whup, and it'll be all your fault" policy may seem unilateral at first glance; that is until you pull out a map and take a look at who's military is sitting smack in the middle of any conflict that would undoubtedly arise when Iran retaliates.

Now isn't THAT convenient?

Related News Links:
www.wpherald.com
www.expressindia.com

[edit on 2005-10-1 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   
So, if the US doesn't attack Iran, Israel will?

Heck, I would call that really really good insentive for the US to definatly NOT attack Iran and even push Isreal to finaly get over with it and do something for their own country themselves for a change instead of bitching at the US, EU and UN to do it for them. Or worse, pushing other country's to take care of their enemies trough spreading of false evidences and information.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Yes, it's a bit tooo convenient, and they'd be all too willing to use our troops for hostages or cannon fodder. And we'll get the blame which ever way it goes.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   
So let me guess.....Te Bali bombing was another false flag operation to help motivate us?

Personally I think they are using the Problem Reaction Solution model too much,,,,switch it up a little...your getting repetitive.

What is the opposite word of illuminated?

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Woot!

Anyone else see no more Israel if they declare war?

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I think the chances of seeing no more Iran would be much higher than seeing no more Israel.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Islam makes up roughly 20% of the Worlds population.

1.2billion people.

If Israel invades Iran, nobody can come to save them due to their being no reason for Israel to invade that Nation at the present moment. If you want the whole of those Islamic Nation's to side together, that will do it. Many of the moderate muslims will take an attack by Israel upon Iran as an attack by Judaism upon Islam.

It is a situation Israel can't win and America can't risk getting involved in, unless the Government are willing to see an increase of lives lost due to another Nation's unjust actions.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Does anyone remember in 1987 (ithink) Isreal preemtively bombed Iraq's nuclear facility without backing or support. The completely ruined Iraq's abilities. Nothng happened there in retrobution. I hope they do.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
AnAbsoluteCreation, the bombing of Iraq during the 1980's is different to what is going on right now with the World.

It should be clear to anyone that their was not such a high level of Anti-Western Support throughout the Muslim [and wider] World during that periond. In fact just after many Nation's viewed the 'West' as a positive thing. [Iraq + Kuwait.]

This is not the 1980's.
Things are different now.
Israel bombing Iran will result in a lot of un-needed death.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Neither Egypt nor Jordan would attack, and I doubt Syria would either. They were all beaten badly in 1967.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Good let Israel fight it's own battle for once. They want to fight Iran, good for them, and good luck.
I'm thousands of miles away and my "kosher" Milk is Four dollars a gallon and my gas isn't far behind it, I'm sick of watching our money going down Sharon's Gullet, and I SURE AS HELL wouldn't send my kids off to fight for them.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I think that if Isreal did attack Iran. Iran would retaliate. Get whomped by Isreal. Iran would call on the islamic revolution. Then perhaps Syria, Jordan, Palistine would attack. Isreal would call on US/UK. Probably blackmail us into helping them (Greensban), then maybe WWIII. Doesn't seem unlikely to me.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Everyone knows that isreal has nukes. If isreal did attack iran with or without any other country it wouldn't matter because the only way iran would win is if other islam countries got involved, or iran uses nukes in which case would be enough evidence to the would for the EU and the US to whomp them. Either way there are a lot of strings attached to a lot of countries that could spell war. This is one of those hurry up and wait situations. Unless iran changes some of its policies they are pretty doomed.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
AnAbsoluteCreation, the U.K. wouldn't get involved if Israel attacked Iran. It would be suicide for any political party to do such a thing over here.

The U.S. can't afford to push away anymore OPEC members away from them and into the hands of Russia, China and India. They also can't afford the risk of what could happen in Saudi Arabia if they began to back up Israel anymore. Dispite what a lot of people wish to admit, the Middle East is like a sheet of ice and small cracks are already beginning to show due to the weight we have placed on it.

Is it worth cracking the ice?

djohnsto77, the logicality of your statement is flawed. If people never began wars because they lost in the passed...well just open up a history text book...

We have already seen one Islamic Nation in Africa revolt and over-throw their Government this year due to Western Influence...is it worth even more?

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Nathabeanz, Iran and Israel will never nuke one another.

A) Religious sights.
B) Too near one another.
C) Pointless to what they both want.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
The only state bordering Israel that might attack is Syria, the others probably don't even care about Iran, remember they are different sects of Islam and don't get along well anyway.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
djohnsto77, just because they do not get along well does not mean they like Judaism over the other sects of Islam.

There is a reason they all call one another 'brother', no matter which sect they follow.

Israel attacking Iran, will push more moderate Muslim's to the extreme. Fighting a war on terror by making more terrorists...isn't my idea of winning.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Egypt and Jordan are both secular states that have been at peace with Israel for decades and they have no mutual defense agreement with Iran. I see absolutely no reason to believe they'd do anything if Israel bombs a couple of nuclear sites in Iran, in fact I find it almost impossible to believe.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   

djohnsto77, the logicality of your statement is flawed. If people never began wars because they lost in the passed...well just open up a history text book...

Yeah, Germany invaded france in world war 2 because they were defeated in world war 1. They signed their declaration of defeat in the same box car germany signed in during world war 1.

And iran is an extremely hostile nation. In the event that isreal did take miltary action against iran, iran would use whatever in its arsenal to retaliate.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join