It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serenity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Just came from watching this show.

If you a fan of the series Firefly.. then you will NOT be disappointed in this film.. but its almost a must that you do see the Firefly series to get the full effect.

But by itself. I enjoyed it.. Some of the fight scenes with River Tam (Summer Glau) were fantastic to watch.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Yep, it's good all right.
I have been a fan of Firefly for a long time and have been eagerly awaiting the release of Serenity. Well, I wasn't disappointed. The special effects were incredible and served to really lift the vision of Joss Whedon's universe into the big time. The movie retained the quirky humour and wit of the series, whilst expanding on the concepts and characters.

There were one or two areas I wish they had delved into in greater depth, but the opening scene and the fight scenes with River were worth the price of admission alone.

If you are a fan of Firefly, or of good sci fi, lay your money down and check it out.
And if the success of the movie prompts the development of a new series, I will truly be in Heaven, although this is extremely unlikely.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I loved it. You do need to watch the series to get the full effect. I actually had to explain the plot, characters, etc to my friend. I hope this film does well. If it does more will be made.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I saw serenity the other week

it was a pretty good movie, nice and fast most of the time

i didnt see that other thing you talk of Firefly, but im sure i got the movie pretty good

4 outta 5

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I would just like to say that I never saw an episode of Firefly and I loved Serenity.

The only thing which may confuse first-time viewers is the relationship between the Capt. and Inara. After I looked it up, it made more sense.

But everything else... just get ready for an awesome ride. I highly recommend Serenity. Very smart, very funny, and very very good.l

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I loved the movie! It was like two stories in one! I also look like the captain. Seriously I look like Captain Mal or whatever. The acting was good.

My favorite part was when the captain said to the one guy, "are you armed?" "no" "good!" and then he shot him. I thought that was so unexspected.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
yes this sounds promising
the series FireFly was great dont know why they cancelled it? i sure hope if this film does well they bring series back to TV i hope

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
The reason the show was cancelled was due to a bad time slot on a bad channel. The only opening they had to show the show on the Fox Network was at 8pm on Friday night. Not too many people want to watch a space western on Friday night....

If it was on a different network on a diferent time, I think it would've played different.

Also, Joss Whedon (the creator) has already stated that he would never bring Firefly/Serenity back to the small screen. He HAS said, however, that if Serenity brought in enough money (which I'm hoping happened) that there would be 2 more movies.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 08:47 AM
link   
"This is your Captain speaking, we might be experiancing some slight turbulence and then explode."

This movie is wonderful! THE best movie in existence, period. Nothing else comes close. I do hope it does rake in enough money for 2 more movies. This is your calling, if its still showing in your area you MUST see it more then 3 times.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I was wondering if anyone else would agree with me... but in the beginning, with the operative.. it was very striking how his FEET moved as he stepped over the bodies.

I just felt it was one of the more graceful things I had ever seen.

Whedon is famous for his amazing dialogue between characters... I just was never a Buffy fan, but Firefly? I loved it to death and am sad it won't likely return.

Serenity brought in just 25M, the movie cost about 35M to make.

The cost can be made up in DVD sales, but you'd also have to consider how much more money it must make to warrant more movies.

Just remember, you can take my life, you can take my land, you can take me where I cannot stand. You can take my life from me, but you can't take the sky from me. Take me off into the black, tell them I ain't comin' back... burn the land and boil the seas, you can't take the sky from me.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Serenity was an AWESOME movie! It's unfortunate that it didn't bring in a larger audience.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I loved the storyline and action but i thought the lead role was weakly cast. He seems like he was suppossed to be a more noble Han Solo but he lacked charm. Ahhh, pining for the young Harrison Ford...

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   
talking about harrison ford is is a go dman unreal actor

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I thought that the film was brilliant! I was sooo annoyed when it was cancelled. Love the theme tune to Firefly as well - pour enough beer into me and I start to sing it! :w:

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I just recently saw Serenity and I really enjoyed it. It was a fun, action film that had plenty of great dialogue.

I had no idea that it was an adaptation from Firefly, the tv show. Of course, I've never seen the tv show so this movie was a "stand alone" as far as plot and characterization. I would say that it was a success. I could understand and thoroughly enjoy the film without a whit of knowledge from the tv series.

My only gripe was the rather cliche plotline. Still, it was a good film.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Been a Firefly fan for a long time and must say.
If you liked/loved the movie Serenity, you will truly enjoy the series.

The character play in the series is phenomenal, the special effects equally so.

The play on an "old west" theme in the future...well simply genius.

By the way the series is out now on DVD.

top topics

join