It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida tourists warned that locals could shoot them

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Florida tourists warned that locals could shoot them

IT IS Britain's most popular transatlantic holiday destination, attracting more than 1.5 million visitors a year with its sun-drenched beaches, theme parks and wildlife.

But Florida's £30 billion tourism industry is under threat from a campaign launched by a gun-control group which warns visitors they could be killed.

A series of alarming adverts, to be placed in British newspapers, warns potential tourists about a new law allowing gun owners to shoot anyone they believe threatens their safety...

I don't know whether to laugh or take this seriously....

[edit on 30-9-2005 by loam]

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Population control, Yes!
Tourist dollars, No!

Maybe the good folks of Florida are expecting Tony to drop by?
Maybe the good folks of Florida have orders from the White House?
Maybe the good folks of Florida have lost their freaking minds?

[edit on 30-9-2005 by garyo1954]

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I wish I could shoot Floridians that get on the Blue Ridge Parkway and drive 5 miles an hour while watching the leaves turn colors.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
OMG!!!!
Floridians Can Shoot You Now!!!!
Everyone Freak out!!! AHHHH!!!

God get a grip folks...really sometimes the gun control crowd are so incredibly stupid...it really is mind numbing.

I read the article, and if you are on vacation in Florida...hell anywhere in America, and you jump out of your car and get into a road rage incident, you are a freaking idiot.

Hey guess what Britons; the people who are most likely to shoot you...still are likely to shoot you! Nothing has changed

Nothing to see here folks, move along.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   
With you there Rant!

I would like to see a few drivers off the road. How about the ones that have a cell phone in one hand and a cigarette in the other? I always wonder what they have on the wheel on in their heads....

But what happens when they shoot back? OR..........

"Well, your honor, the bloody bloke pulled a pistol. I had no choice but to beat the devil with my umbrella! Now as to damages.......????"

[edit on 30-9-2005 by garyo1954]

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I generally don't go anywhere near the equator anyway. With a general buffer zone north and south. Sweating in the shower is not my idea of a nice holiday.

By the way, what are the rules regarding tourists buying handguns and applying for concealed carry permits?

[edit on 1-10-2005 by cargo]

new topics

top topics

join