It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What "qualifies" a person to be President?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Recently I have been hearing a number of discussions about possible candidates for the office of President of the United States. I have heard a number of possibilities, the most prominent being Sen. Hillary Clinton and Condoleeza Rice. Incidentally, I personally feel that both of the people mentioned would certainly "qualify" and be able leaders. But I also heard names like Oprah Winfrey being bandied about.

I can understand and readily accept Clinton and Rice as candidates for this important post because they have experience and a substantial record of public service and an insight into what the position actually entails. However, when Oprah's name was mentioned, I had to ask myself whether Ms. Winfrey was qualified. On further reflection, I had to ask myself the question that I pose to all of you......What qualifies someone to be President of the United States?

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   
The only true requirements are to be at least 35 years of age and a natural born citizen of the United States having resided in the U.S. for at least the past 14 years.

Anything else is subjective and up to the voter to determine his or her own requirements for their vote.

join