It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The human calling card

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I was recently reading a UFO book (the name escapes me at this point) but anyways the author went on to state the human race was not visited on a regular basis until we achieved nuclear fission which in the eyes of the rest of the galaxy was the ultimate calling card I guess you will. This showed the human progression. What are your thoughts on this supposing its true. Do you believe that we were a worthless little planet in the back waters of the universe until we attained this ability?

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 12:21 AM
link   
techically it is a scientific achievement worth of notice i agree. but i think that it comes down to how you use that power when attained that matters to them perhaps. i personally believe there are far more noteworthy abilities that we are capable of that would be even more impressed with don't you think?

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 12:28 AM
link   
This is true...there are several noteworthy things you could trote out. This is the best way I can explain it to make sense without anyone having read the book. Have you seen star trek "first contact" The humans discover warp drive which emits a certain signal and this is picked up by a passing space craft? The way I understand it is that this is what the author was implying. That with nuclear detonations it sent a signal out into space which was picked up by passing ships which said basically "Hey look at me" type of thing. Thus started the influx of alien visitors.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Nah. Those aliens have been flying around our atmosphere long before the nuclear age. They're probably wondering what the hell are we doing with our mindless conflicts and insignificant wars with each other. To be honest, I feel ashamed that IF there is really a kind of alien community out there and that we are at the bottom of the table. That would really suck, man.

However, I don't think it's the nuclear achievement that brought those aliens here. Probably curiousity or plain simple--ALIEN INVASION!

To answer your question Whompa1, NOPE. I don't think we're useless. As long as we believe we're not. On second thought, those aliens can shoot laser beams and abduct humans man! that's way cool!! Man, we suck!

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 07:45 AM
link   
you know like a sci-fi story i read a long time ago...

sir, we have discovered a new intelligent species, quadrant.....
.....(bla bla about humans)...

...they what?

They detonate nukes on their planet sir...

Are they insane? Quarantine the system !

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   
The evidence (such as more ancient sightings, and inclusion in artwork, etc.) seems to suggest they knew about us before...

But, it seems that after we split the atom, that's when everything really hit the fan. Just a couple years after that, we get the Arnold sighting when "Flying Saucers" becomes a household word, the Roswell incident, and one of the largest UFO flaps ever recorded. It certainly seems that SOMETHING caught ET's interest in the late 40's, so naturally the assumption is that the nuclear detonations somehow triggered a "wake-up call" so to speak, that man had come of age in one regard or another....

Are they insane? Quarantine the system !

I always preferred the "Talking Meat" joke, hehe....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 30-9-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I just have to say that I agree with Gazrok.

After extensive reading , I can only conclude that Visitation has been a physical reality for some time , but that after the advent of nuclear technology activeity has certainly increased.

And make no mistake the Desert Southwest of the U.S. was the place to be if you were interested in the forefront of technology on Earth.

In my opinion you can almost count on a UFO presence at or near the places that represent cutting edge new Earth technology. Just my opinion and most certainly not always the case , but a good bet.

Edit: So in a way you could say that technology is a " Human calling card" that attracts a UFO presence.

For the sake of evidence for my opinion .... www.ufoevidence.org...

MAJOR GENERAL VASILY ALEXEYEV

Partial Quote...

This interest specifically expressed itself in certain experts being sent to investigate, especially to those places where UFOs, let's call them that, appeared quite frequently. I know a whole number of military bases in that category. As a rule they are objects of strategic significance, rocket complexes, scientific test establishments, in other words the places where there is a high concentration of advanced science and, to some degree, danger. Because every nuclear rocket, every new Air force installation represents a breakthrough both in science and in military terms; it is first and foremost a peak, the summit of human achievement. And that is where UFOs appeared fairly often. Moreover, individual officers and commanders on the spot who knew about the phenomenon and had no official instructions on the matter, acted on their own initiative to investigate UFOs, recording data, and so on. I know that in some places they even learned to create a situation which would deliberately provoke the appearance of a UFO. A UFO would appear where there was increased military activity connected, say, with the transportation of "special" loads. It was enough artificially stimulate or schedule such a move for a UFO to appear. In other words, some kind of conditional relationship emerged. And they detected it.

Please see link above for the entire text from MAJOR GENERAL VASILY ALEXEYEV

[edit on 30-9-2005 by lost_shaman]

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   
personally, i think we get visited for much different reasons. IMHO we're kind of like an interstellar safari park. i can just picture an alien version of steve irwin .....

"now watch these blokes, mate...verrrryyyy dangerous. you dont want to get to close while they are having their primal war in the desert....never know when one might drop a thermonuclear device!"

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Nah. Those aliens have been flying around our atmosphere long before the nuclear age. They're probably wondering what the hell are we doing with our mindless conflicts and insignificant wars with each other. To be honest, I feel ashamed that IF there is really a kind of alien community out there and that we are at the bottom of the table. That would really suck, man.

I think that's an assumption that can't be made at this point. We know absolutely nothing about alien civilizations, except for the occasional stories we get from alleged abductees who were taken to their planets or who sat down for a 3 hour interview with a giant lizard. For all we know, the majority, if not all, of alien civilizations face the same problems and conflicts on their planets that we have faced for thousands of years.

The fact that they are apparantly more technologically advanced does not necessarily mean that things are all peachy on their home planet. As long as they have individual free will and feelings, they are very likely to also have love, hate, war, good, evil, etc. Unless, of course, Adam the Grey didn't eat the forbidden fruit on his planet thousands of years ago!

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13

The fact that they are apparantly more technologically advanced does not necessarily mean that things are all peachy on their home planet. As long as they have individual free will and feelings, they are very likely to also have love, hate, war, good, evil, etc. Unless, of course, Adam the Grey didn't eat the forbidden fruit on his planet thousands of years ago!

Hmm. You think those alien weirdos have lust? 'Cause if they do then that'll be really sick man! LOL.

Apparently most of us can safely say that this alien scenario/theory doesn't really affect most of us. I'm sure you don't wake up everyday just to make sure your shotgun is loaded in case of any alien invasion right?

(mod edit to reduce large quote of previous post)

[edit on 1-10-2005 by pantha]

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Ancient sightings and the use of what certainly appear to be UFOs in art work that way predate the study of UFOs and the nuclear bomb seem to suggest that ETs were here long long before the development of the nuclear bomb and perhaps before humans themselves (Although that's only speculation).

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I always preferred the "Talking Meat" joke, hehe....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 30-9-2005 by Gazrok]

Oh yeah, that one is a beauty

top topics

join