It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NAFTA for Energy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   
On his trip to Canada, Mexican President Vicente Fox expressed an interest in creating a North American Free Trade Deal for energy.

Fox said with Canada, the United States and Mexico all losing jobs to China and Asia, an energy pact is the next logical step.

"To meet this competitive challenge and protect jobs, we must work together," he said.

And then he says this:

Fox said a decade with NAFTA has been very successful for his country and he would like to see it expanded.

"We want to further extend this investment - not only in trade, but to have a NAFTA policy in energy, a NAFTA security policy, NAFTA markets in financing policies."

So here's my problem. I really don't like this idea very much and I just can't come up with a logical reason for it. I'm just too busy reacting to seeing the word NAFTA three times in one sentence.

I think that Canada signed a crappy deal the first time and I don't want to see it expanded.

Oops: cnews.canoe.ca...

[edit on 29-9-2005 by Duzey]

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I tend to agree with you on NAFTA.. I do not think the US has benefited as much as some of the politicians claim.

but I believe that Mexico is just expecting the US and Canada to help his nation.. and maybe allow some sale of Oil that his country produces to allow to trickle up North.

Either way.. the US and Canada will get the short end of the stick

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Makes me wonder what's become of Cheney's visit to Canada in August:

Dick Cheney's Canada

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Fox is definitely looking for some foreign investment dollars. Even though the oil is nationalized, they allow foreign investment in pipelines, drilling and energy production.

Mexico imports about 20% of their natural gas from Texas and they are looking to change that. They have plenty of their own and just need the money to develop the resources. All they need now are some rich US companies to come and do the drilling and build the pipelines for them. Then they can start producing it cheaper than the US and send it north.

Sound familiar to anyone in the US?

[edit on 1-10-2005 by Duzey]

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey

Sound familiar to anyone in the US?

Sounds like a job for Halliburton... need I state the obvious?

Cheney must have been relieved to have that trip cancelled. (Where was he during Katrina? Getting aneurisms in his legs?) I'm sure the business end of it is wrapped up... at leastways in their dreams.

They know exactly what they want. It's why his Energy Panel has been secret since the getgo. And they even have Roberts on the bench now to ensure it.

Full steam ahead.

My third eye is telling me to look out for what Lynne's lobbying firm is up to these days.

Oh good God... Lockheed Martin, 1st hit:

Report: About Face: The Role of the Arms Lobby In the Bush ...
On the nuclear weapons side of the business, the firm receives more than $1 billion ... On Lynne Cheney’s Lockheed Martin connection, see "Lynne V. Cheney ...

www.worldpolicy.org...

(sorry, just had to look that up)

Edited to say: You know Putin doesn't put up with this:

Putin Gives State Award to Key Player in Yukos Saga - The Moscow Times - Sep 28, 2005

[edit on 1-10-2005 by psyopswatcher]

top topics

join