It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Daily Show Thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I would like to dedicate this thread to one of the most entertaining shows on cable; The Daily Show. I know some of you may not be a big fan of the show, but I know quite a few are.

I would like to use this thread not as a shameless plug, but as a discussion on the topics/events of the evenings show. If anyone would like to view some clips of the show right now this link should suit you well.

The Daily Show

[edit on 29-9-2005 by gangster45]

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
excellent idea, I have watched that show every Mon-Thur for the last 3 years.

Did you see that Rob Corrdry report earlier this week where he was interviewing a green bay packer fan, then goes to interview the guy behind the rule that horns cannot be worn inside their stadium, He says "If you dont let them inside, you know who else you can't let in". The guy goes "Who" he then says "unicorns" and throws glitter in his face.

Absolutly the best late night show on television, and you dont need to be a cappichino drinking liberal to watch it either.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
ROFLMAO!

I almost forgot about that! That was excellent, I'm still laughing about Samantha Bee's story on pee bottles. One of my favorite segments that they do is "This Week in God" with Colbert, good stuff.

BTW you are correct in saying that you don't have to have a certain affiliation to enjoy the show, they make fun of everyone including themselves.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
about time for a daily show thread. here. here.

You have voted gangster45 for the Way Above Top Secret award.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   

I almost forgot about that! That was excellent, I'm still laughing about Samantha Bee's story on pee bottles. One of my favorite segments that they do is "This Week in God" with Colbert, good stuff.

Ya that was pretty funny, who out of curiousity do you think is the funniest reporter, I have to go with Stephen Colbert

I can't wait for the Colbert report, and oh yes I have the "Balls"

"I got balls, (looks at another camera) and im not afraid to use them"

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
First I would just like to thank RebelSaint for his encouraging words as well as taking the time to vote. I hope more people find this thread as time continues.

As far as my favorite correspondent; I would have to say Rob Cordry to be one of my favorites. I used to enjoy Colbert but you don't see as much of him these days seeing as his new show is coming out as you pointed out innominate.

Personally, I'm not sure if I'm going to enjoy the Colbert Report. I see Stephen Colbert as more of an accent/flavor to The Daily Show. Just as you wouldn't eat a plate of parsley, I'm not sure how much I would enjoy a full half hour with just Colbert. I guess we'll just have to wait and see

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Thats understandable, Rob Corrdry is halarious at reporting

There was this one time where he rented a hummer limo for the daily show and was washing the back end of it, he got in another car drove to the front end to wash the front windows, That I will never forget, and it kind of reminds me of america in general being so waistful of gasoline.

I was watching it last night and there was this new reporter that was also pretty good:

Some guy said: For example they gave the head of womens affairs to a vetraniarian
New guy (I think his name is Chad): Well vetranarians certianly know their beavers. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.

This guy could shape up to be a new contender.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I love this show... Never miss it!

I don't warm up to the new guys very easily, but I hope they grow on me. Love Cobert and Samantha Bee. The pee bottles was hilarious! After it was over, I realized I was sitting there with my jaw dropped!

Back during their evolution schmevolution week, seeing Kute Vonnegut was a real treat!

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Yes the pee bottles were awesome!!! I

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   
The daily show has got to be one of the best pieces of entertainment, and news on television. Given the fact that most news isn't entertaining, it has to be the most entertaining news.

I haven't decided which of their field reporters is the funniest. Just when you think you've seen it all, then you see another skit that's even funnier. It's like they are trying to out-do each other. One of the best moments was this last year at the Democratic National Convention. Even amoung the big names like Kennedy, they dont' pull any punches.

Samantha Bee: "Ha! You said 'Urine'. O! You said it again!"

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I believe that The Daily Show has gotten much of Americas youth interested(or at least started paying attention) to politics. Jon Stewart has a way of being very well-spoken one minute, then wrapping up a statement with ' OH SNAP!!!!'. This is his way of keeping younger peoples attention and not boring them away to MTV. He's very good at communicating with his audience.

I'm glad to see that they continue to win awards for their program. They deserve all the credit in the world for what they have made that show today.

I love when they say that they are just going to 'stop trying..' and the show gets better every week.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Want to chime in I love the show too, but don't see it everyday. But have you guys noticed how some of their conspiracy stuff seems to come straight outta ATS and alot of their humor can be traced back to fark.com? I haven't been to fark in awhile, but back when I used to visit it daily I noticed a ton of connections.

peace

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Wow, did anybody just witness that interview with Bill O'reilly, there was so much tension between the two, I was waiting for one to throw a punch.

Simply amazing interview, but I think Jon won, considering Frace has very little to do with Iraq.

Also we did save France in WWII, but america wouldn't have been created without their help.

Colbert afterwards creates a line up not to be missed- I hope Colbert shoves it to O'Reilly later.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Yeah, seemed like O'Reilly was getting pretty heated, but Stewart doesn't seem respond to situations like that with anger.

I never really liked Stephen Colbert as much on the Daily Show as I do with his new show, but he and Corddry I think are (were) Stewart's best reporters. Colbert's work just didn't have the same effect on the DS for some reason.

I've had an English teacher and a government teacher in the past reference Jon's work favorably and use it as teaching aids. We watched episodes of the Daily Show in our government class, and had I been in one of my English teacher's other classes, I would've seen them there, too, because she was using his show to teach satire.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I just wounder what the show is going to be like after the Bush Administration. Depending upon who gets elected, well see if the show can hold its own.

- Dagger

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I am a huge fan of the show.

A random Jon Stewart quote (regarding global warming in spirit of Bush administration):
"The ice is not melting, rather the water is being liberated"

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I just finished watching tonight's Daily Show (oxymoron).

I'm not disappointed but I wish John and Billy really got deep into the stuff said on the Factor.

It was pretty funny with the France stuff

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I saw an old episode today, one bit was quite hilarious.

It showed a reporter paddling a canoe and bragging about how much rain they recieved.

Moments later two guys walk by in front of the canoe. It was like maybe 6 inches deep.

She looked like a fool in the canoe. Later on she said she was in deeper water ( 3 or 4 feet) yet the paddle only went in maybe a foot at most. People were still walking in the background.

She then was demonstrating how swift the current was (there was no noticiable current) and paddled out of frame.

Quite funny.

Royal Canadian Air Farce used to be great.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Last nights show was really good.

Those of you who watched saw a new segment with Dimitri Martin. I'm sure a few have seen his stand-up act with the guitar. I guess it's the way that he carries himself that makes him hilarious. Hopefully they keep him around.

Favorite quotes for the evening

"If you're still giving to Zarqawi's Kids......."

and

"Operation flying monkeys has begun!"

Good stuff

new topics

top topics

join