It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian President Bashar Assad gives Hamas and Islamic Jihad a green light to carry out terror attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Big surprise…NOT. With this sort of endorsement, its no surprise Syria is such a terrorist training/support utopia. How many people have died as the result of Syrian backed and supported terrorists?

Story here

Syrian President Bashar Assad earlier this month gave Hamas and Islamic Jihad representatives in Damascus a green light to carry out terror attacks and escalate fighting against Israel, Israel Radio said Wednesday, quoting a high-level Palestinian Authority intelligence dispatch, which was reportedly passed on to Egypt and Israel.

Deputy Defense Minister Ze'ev Boim said Wednesday that Israel was acquainted with the dispatch.

Boim, referring to U.S. and international pressure on Syria over events in Iraq and the alleged involvement of Damascus in the assassination of investigation of alleged Syrian involvement in the assassination of former Lebanese leader Rafik Hariri, told the radio: "Assad in Damascus is very pressured, in a state of distress, and as a result, he is trying apparently to step up his support [of Hamas and Jihad attacks] in order to lift pressure from other fronts," Boim said.

The meeting took place on September 10, the radio said, quoting Assad as telling the unnamed Hamas and Jihad officials that they had "full freedom of movement to do as they chose in the Palestinian arena."

Syria: The nation that should have been invaded instead of Iraq.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Syrian President Bashar Assad earlier this month gave Hamas and Islamic Jihad representatives in Damascus a green light to carry out terror attacks and escalate fighting against Israel,.

Boim, asked if Israel would seek U.S. pressure on Syria over the meeting,.

Why does Israel need us to do anything?

I say stand up for yourself, you are your own country, right?

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Because we are effectively holding their reins (sp?) with arms/financial support, and are actively working to keep them out of the fight. if israel attacks syria (or any other muslim nation for that matter), our bad situation in iraq becomes our unmanagable situation in the entire middle eastern battlefield.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by snafu7700

Because we are effectively holding their reins, with arms/financial support, and are actively working to keep them out of the fightWhat fight? Are we not in their fight and this could be the reason terrorism as we know it started?

if Israel attacks Syria (or any other Muslim nation for that matter)
our bad situation in Iraq becomes our unmanageable situation in the entire middle eastern battlefield.
Good maybe some of our troops can be spared, and our bad situation can be shared, with friends of-course. I don't know, how many troops are in Iraq from Israel?

[edit on 28-9-2005 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   

What fight? Are we not in their fight and this could be the reason terrorism as we know it started?

oh, there is no doubt that our own foreign policies since the end of WWII are partly at fault for where we are today. but we arent fighting israel's fight, they do that on their own every day....we're just trying to keep them at a distance from the battle in iraq, in which their entry would cause an escalation (sp?) in the current situation. i guess, in the broader sense, you could say that israel is a part of the war on terror, as is russia with chechnya, malaysia, etc....

Good maybe some of our troops can be spared, and our bad situation can be shared, with friends of-course.

are you serious? you do realize that if we get stuck in a broader middle eastern war involving israel and its surrounding neighbors, there will be ten times the american casualties we have had so far?

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 08:28 AM
link   
How about we play around with the words in your topic :

"President Bush gives U.S Soldiers and Coalition Forces a green light to carry out further counter-insurgency attacks"

Still sounds the same to me. Both topic give the notion that a certain party is so called fighting for their right/an ideology or freedom/liberation. Either way it works the same. So I don't see any point to further the discussion on this. Some politician giving encouraging words to fight on.

What's the big deal?

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

Because they are the US's bulldog in the middle east. Thats the nature of the relationship, the US supports israel, in return for emergency support and them checking with the US on these matters. Israel can't attack syria without a pan-arab allaince popping up, and thats bad enough normally, worse when Iraq would have to choose sides.

new topics

top topics

join