It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could there still be life, not on mars, but underneath Mars?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I fell into a strange thought and started deeply imagining the possibility of life subterrainial on MARS. If there was once life on mars and certain cellestrial anyomolies or geological cataclysms caused surface life to cease to exist, would an advanced society find away to survive? Yes. What would they do for energy? Travel towards the core of the planet and find a way to engineer life around that energy source as long as possible.

* They couldn't go to the surface because of harsh conditions, so we'd never see them unless we were there.
* Purhaps that is the civilization that visited Egypt and they used their technologies to build the pyrimid.
*mayube they are the lizard people
* Maybe so many things

I know this is crazy but surely someone out there will tell me how this is not a possibility.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Maybe somebody will tell me that I'm an idiot? Anything? I guess I'll sleep too...

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I don't think you are crazy at all I remember seeing a structure in some pictures it was shaped like a giant caterpillar with indentions every so often along the sides, and each of the indentions were the distance apart which I thought was strange and most of it was covered with the martian soil just bits and pieces of what looked like a structure exposed.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 03:12 AM
link   
There is a superb chance of finding life beneath the surface of Mars. Unfortunatly it is most likely to be bacterial life that survives in the liquid aquifers below the surface.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 03:13 AM
link   
well maybe a manned mission to mars isn't such a pointless venture, tell them to bring shovels.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Here is what I am talking about? It looks even weirder than I remember.

www.metaresearch.org...

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
well maybe a manned mission to mars isn't such a pointless venture, tell them to bring shovels.

And how can you justify the expenses to go to mars even if it's just to find micro life.

What strikes me as odd is the fact that even if there is EBE's on mars or even on earth what good will it do to the average person such as myself and 99% of those who post here.

Life as we know it and the regular every day activities will not change as we all must find our niche to paying the bills.

This exploring for the unknown will only benefit the elete corporations who only wish to find some new method to prosper and put their names in the history books. Where are the morality and humanitarian support for the every day Jane and Joe in this?

Yes the upper class and the bright may be able to jump in and expand their activities if some out worldly find is exposed. What of the middle class or even the poor. Be it in third world or in poverty stricken areas.

All this grandeur of finding such things be it structures on far off space or EBE's in space or on earth will not wipe out humanities rifts we presently face. To not even look at how things can change for the good from the direst of living and up defeats the purpose of even finding such wonders because we cannot or will not as humanity work on problems we have now.

Forget the UN and any other worldly body for support. The only comfort we each take is hoping we move on to something grander when we move on. Some may take this opportunity as they do now to watch out for number one, while others try to make things more tolerable around them for others.

Don't get me wrong. I am also inquisitive about what may be out there or here on earth. But what I find distributing is how some have this "Wow" mentality thinking if something grand fell on our lap all human suffering will stop.

I wonder if that’s how the Indians felt when the conquistador came to the new land. We all know the history of what happened next.

May you each find what you’re looking for. And may humanity be all the better for it.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wilbert

And how can you justify the expenses to go to mars even if it's just to find micro life.

Yes.

If that micro-life is not natural to life on Earth it would be a scientific breakthrough. It could result in us having to re-evaluate everything we know and the organisms could even help in the medicare industry and many others.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odium

Yes.

If that micro-life is not natural to life on Earth it would be a scientific breakthrough. It could result in us having to re-evaluate everything we know and the organisms could even help in the medicare industry and many others.

There are cures now that are not being used for everyone. It only goes to those who can afford it or have access to it. Medicine now days is only to help some get better or prolong the final outcome.

As a whole by today standards some are still not recieving care that others well cared for are getting. So I ask again.. how can Billions be justified for mankind if we as planet can't even help those now with what we now have?

Commerce is not a means to an end. Medical advancements are only a means for commerce. If it was not well funded or well paid for it would not exist.

[edit on 28-9-2005 by Wilbert]

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odium

Yes.

Actually, the best thing in my eyes is that most of the "God created the earth and made the humans first" people got to shut up... I mean, "Oh yeah, and he actually also 'spilled' some bacteria on the surface of Mars by accident while making Earth!"
Not that I have anything against religions, but a large civilized country like the US still debating wether or not to teach the creation theory in schools is just plain out wrong.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   
There is ice on mars and where there is water there certainly can be life

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
No reason why there shouldn't be life on mars...

I assume the planet has a molten core - therefore it has energy, and water, the energy can be used to melt the water... and we have a way of making oxygen, no reason why something else could not do the same...

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Considering that we are digging tunnels under the earth as our contingency in case of a global catastrophy that makes the surface uninhabitable. Why wouldn't the inhabitants of mars do the same?

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Ane if the universe is all connected, is should not be surprise that we feel this possibility. Mayeb they need us to save them?

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kleversdad
There is ice on mars and where there is water there certainly can be life

That is certainly not a fact. But life as we know it needs water to keep alive.

Originally posted by kilcoo316
No reason why there shouldn't be life on mars...

I assume the planet has a molten core - therefore it has energy, and water, the energy can be used to melt the water... and we have a way of making oxygen, no reason why something else could not do the same...

Not all organisms use oxygen for survival. Many microorganisms actually die by being exposed to oxygen.

Originally posted by NephraTari
Considering that we are digging tunnels under the earth as our contingency in case of a global catastrophy that makes the surface uninhabitable. Why wouldn't the inhabitants of mars do the same?

If there are any species at least as evolved as us, im pretty sure they would have left traces on the face of their planet if they were capable of this.. And no, the human-face doesnt count.

And technology making someone capable of living under ground for a longer period of time, should also make them capable of traveling from Mars to Earth without a problem.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   
See, the thing with that is, is we expect Mars to have a super advanced civilization. But what if they were as advanced as us, or less? Right now I dont think we have the technology to live in the earth the way you are thinking. Just my thoughts.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thain Esh Kelch

If there are any species at least as evolved as us, im pretty sure they would have left traces on the face of their planet if they were capable of this.. And no, the human-face doesnt count.

And technology making someone capable of living under ground for a longer period of time, should also make them capable of traveling from Mars to Earth without a problem.
For that matter who says they were EVER surface dwellers? We assume that because we are, that others must be at some point.. this is not necessarily realistic.

[edit on 4-10-2005 by NephraTari]

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 06:51 AM
link   
It makes far more sense for them to be surface dwellers, since the sun provides almost all the energy to create life, and its easier to access this on the surface.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   
true it does make more sense but, it is not impossible as we know the life that exists at the bottom of the ocean and the recently discovered living bacteria under the frozen tundra, but I agree that life is more plausible on the surface. I personally believe there to be some type of living organisms on the surface. Possibly in the frozen ice, bacteria or something.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   
"If there are any species at least as evolved as us, im pretty sure they would have left traces on the face of their planet if they were capable of this.. And no, the human-face doesnt count."

Time can erase any trace of anything that we or any other civilization can construct.

Ozymandias

I met a traveler from an antique land
Who said: Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read,
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them, and the heart that fed,
And on the pedestal these words appear:
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look upon my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

-Percy Bysshe Shelley
1792-1822

top topics

<<   2 >>

join