It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exorcism - (Demonic deliverance)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   
journals.aol.co.uk...

If you can please take a look at this, it has changed me as a person, and as a christian it has made the bible come alive...for real!!

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
After listeing to Art Bell's interviews with the late Dr. Malachi Martin, I have come to believe that there is "something" to the concept of demonic possession. I realize that there is something very intriguing about this topic which is far broader than anything one could possibly grasp from a horror film or films (such as the Exorcist series). Dr. Malachi Martin's book Hostage to the Devil, is certainly recommended reading for anyone interested in learning more about this fascinating topic.

One thing that does strike me about the Rite of Exorcism is that the Church demands a complete psychological and physiological examination before any Exorcism is sanctioned. And considering the Church's criteria for Exorcism including telekinesis, levitation and extra-ordinary perception and supernatural manifestations of strength and environmental controls, it really does make one wonder

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Thanks for the reply benevolent tyrant, i am myself not a part of the catholic church, i am a born again christian of three years and i have come across quite a few people including myself that have had demonic spirits within them. At our church we are taught that Jesus healed the sick and drove out demons from peoples lives and so we have to do the same, Jesus never waited until he was told to heal the sick and release people from demonic strongholds in their lives...HE just did it (It's better out than in!!!), and the people Jesus helped had their lives drastically changed as a result. Take the mad man of gadarra that jesus healed, he had a LEGION of demons inside of him...and they new who Jesus was by what they said to Jesus.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   
For one thing Jesus was not the only person at that time that would claim to exorcise demons, so ascribing great healing powers just to Jesus is not possible
I also believe that demonic possession is either a mental illness or a hallucinatory experience caused by tryptamine neurotransmitters and that exorcisms are done as a way to promote the Catholic church as the power to defeat evil. It seems strange that it is only the Catholic church that performs exorcisms. I myself have had a few similar experiences as Mr Hansen but mine were due to Hypnogogic/hypnopompic delusions.

G

new topics

top topics

join