It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

haunted new orleans ???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
i dunno what to make of this :

link

the skeptic in me wonders just how long these guys have vbeen going without sleep etc

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Well the source is CBS which wouldn't make sense for them to make things up.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   
New Orleans is one of the most haunted Cities in the US or so ive read. Im not sure i believe in ghosts myself but theres no smoke without fire they say. Isnt New Orleans where the Creole (SP) people live. Arnt they the guys that practice Voodoo etc?
I read about a fort near New Orleans that was haunted by Civil War prisoners but i cant remember its name sorry.
I may be wrong about the Creole thing, im in the UK so my knowlage of the City is limited.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Well doesn't New Orleans have a large Haitian population which is where voodoo comes from?

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Yeah, I believe it has a large haitian population and voodoo did come from haiti.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Yes, NO has a large hatian population, and yes, it probably has (had) the highest consentration of people who cleave to the Voodoo faith...

But again, after watching that video clip, I fear people (especially christians) are unreasonablly deamonizing voodoo. It's just a religion like any other (execpt that it's more open and tolerant to other faiths than most).

NO does have a powerful history and long before these storms it was consittered to be one of the most haunted places in North America. There's been some real atrosities comitted there, mostly against slaves. It's been the home of some real nit-wits trying to mess with things they shouldn't be messing with... atracted by the voodoo culture and seeking to become "powerful" without really understanding the faith.

All that aside, what I really found disturbing in that clip was that glass eyed unit preacher talking about "where the army goes, god goes". That just pissed me off!

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   
There was another interesting post about this sort thing on here before entitled modern ghosts...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Personally I think the only stupid thing about the Christian response in that article was for the Chaplin to call the ghost of a little girl "Satan". Unless he was referring to the bible being opened at that book of revelations chapter. Though I'm not too sure what’s so satanic or voodoo about that ether.

What a shame CBS "forgot" to mention what chapter of the book of revelations it was that being found mysteriously open? Of course it could be some prank or a recruitment drive by Jehovah's Witnesses, but it would be interesting to know none the less. Personally I believe in ghosts because there's although people make them up and prank them, there's so much strong evidence that its one of the key reasons why i believe in an afterlife. It's where more than one person sees exactly the same thing that really gets me; especially when they apparently didn’t know about the phantom before. There’s way to much evidence to my mind. Hay maybe Halliburton could also get reconstruction contracts to map out some ghost tours?

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   
New Orleans would be an outstanding place to hold a little urban exploration.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 08:08 AM
link   
LIBERAL1984 : i dunno what news server i read it on , but rev 10 / 11 was mentioned as being the specific place

of cource being a cynic i think this is a " perfect " passage for a scared xian congregation to turn to at sduch a time

MASHUP : I do not beklieve the story was fabricated , just overhyped and truncated

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Well the source is CBS which wouldn't make sense for them to make things up.

Unless you're Dan Rather, right?

Anyhoo...

I think that anytime you have thousands die in a tragedy (especially when trapped and dying), you're bound to have a serious paranormal occurance. Whether it's a dimensional rip, space/time rip, etc. who knows, but something is bound to result from it, even if only a strong psychic impression. Heck, NO was one of the most haunted cities BEFORE the catastrophe, so I can only imagine what it'd be like now....post-Katrina....

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   
most people you ask in new orleans will say they believe their house is haunted, hauntings and ghost sightings here are nothing new, its just being reported and a bit overhyped because some devout christian soldiers had an experience.

someone should really tell those guys that the ghosts dont hurt you.

--Kit.

top topics

join