It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Musharraf: Catch Bin Laden Somewhere Else

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Musharraf don`t want Bin Laden to be caught in Pakistan. He said Osama should be captured outside Pakistan and by "someone else". He did not say why he wanted Osama Bin Laden caught outside Pakistan.

BBC: Catch Bin Laden 'somewhere else'

President Pervez Musharraf has said he would prefer Osama Bin Laden captured outside Pakistan - and by someone else.

He told Time magazine he did not know where the al-Qaeda leader was, but thought the "safest" hiding place for him was on the Pakistan-Afghan border.

Gen Musharraf did not say why he wanted Bin Laden caught outside Pakistan.

But many observers expect a backlash from Pakistanis opposed to the US-led "war on terror" if the world's most wanted man is arrested in Pakistan.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Is this Musharraf just talking again or is it someone else? I wonder if Bin Laden is really to be found in Pakistan at all. Or is this perhaps the reason why Bin Laden has been able to hide for so long? Because Musharraf really don`t want to catch him?

Related ATS Threads:
Musharraf: Get Yourself Raped And Go To Canada

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   
It's probably Musharraf talking. I suspect he is wary of retaliation if Osama is caught on his soil.

Supposedly, Bin Laden's comunication network has been effectively destroyed, and the 500 man entourage that usually follows him around has dwindled to a dozen or less. This could be a sign of desperation on his part.
On The Run

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   
It could also just be a sensible security measure - a 12 man entourage is a lot less conspicuous than a 500 man entourage.

Still, I think the US could get Bin Laden if it really wanted to. What exactly is Pakistan going to do if the US launches a Spc Ops snatch and grab in Pakistan? Cry to the UN? Stomp their feet and hold their breath till they turn blue?

No, I don't think the current administration has any interest at all in catching OBL. He is far too useful a boogeyman for them, as long as he is at large, they have a trump card that allows them to implement virtually unlimited defense budgets (to reward the benefactors that put them in office) and wage the War On Civil Liberties here at home.

join