It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thomas Townsend Brown, an American physicist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Edit:
I would like to purpose tha perhaps there was a craft made by Thomas Townsend Brown, or based on his research. Is this guy legit or what? He seems legit to me . I base this theory on that the pictures from his research looks very similar to later UFO pictures, as those above that was taken by Adamski.

Thomas Townsend Brown, an American physicist, was a leader in developing theories concerning the link between electromagnetic and gravitational fields theorized by Dr. Albert Einstein. He advanced from theory to application with the development of solid and disc-shaped apparatuses which are believed to have created and utilized temporary, localized gravitational fields.

www.soteria.com...

This is a picture from one of his 1950's experiments, look familiar to somehing you have seen before
? ...

[edit on 24-9-2005 by anorwegianguy1972]

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   

This is a picture from one of his 1950's experiments, look familiar to somehing you have seen before ? ...

Yes, it does look familiar, like something I've seen before... WAIT! That's right! It's one of those hanging lamps! Either that, or a chrome hub cap.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
Yes, it does look familiar, like something I've seen before... WAIT! That's right! It's one of those hanging lamps! Either that, or a chrome hub cap.

Jerk, did you even read the post. Its from a experiment by the reseacher, its not a UFO picture.

Just wanted to add that the experiment picture looks strikingly like the some later UFO pictures:

Adamski:

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I think he posted his response because you specifically asked for no one to past that type of a response. It was actually kind of a funny little joke like he probably meant it to be. He wasn't trying to offend you. Or maybe he was

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I still don't understand this post. Like what are we supposed to discuss.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I would like to purpose tha perhaps there was a craft made by Thomas Townsend Brown, or based on his research. Is this guy legit or what? He seems legit to me
. I base this theory on that the pictures from his research looks very similar to later UFO pictures, as those above that was taken by Adamski.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Interesting. So you are suggesting that Brown was working on electromagnetics and various theories, and that the device he made, in the first picture, was possibly a prototype for a flying machine, and that, oddly enough, some ufo reports look just like the original device he made, right?

That is rather intersting, however I have to suggest that perhaps its also possible that other people familiar with his research 'hoaxed' the craft in those photos, hoping that his research could confirm their photos.

Whats really critical here is, whats the status of those photos?? Fraud, unexplained, etc??

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Looks like I am not the first person that have seen this likeness, found this page on Google just now while reading up on Adamski. Seems like the scientist were basing their work on the Adamski UFO's. It is more plausable as the first Adamski photo is from 1952, while the patents are from 1958.

homepage.ntlworld.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I also found some drawings from 1942 with the same configuration.

From this page:
thebiggestsecretpict.online.fr...

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Um. I can see the string.

Just thought you might like to know.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Parallelogram
Um. I can see the string.

Just thought you might like to know.

Please read the text before posting.It clearly says its a picture from an experiment.

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Don’t let them get you down, comrade. It would seem that the above posters aren’t that familiar with Brown or his work. For those of you that haven’t done their homework, there is a measurable force in a charged capacitor that is independent of gravity. Whether this is true “anti-gravity” or a cost effective means of generating surplus energy has yet to be seen. Many people have been examining the phenomena for quite some time now. I witnessed the effect in college, it’s pretty cool.

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by anorwegianguy1972
Jerk, did you even read the post. Its from a experiment by the reseacher, its not a UFO picture.

anorwegianguy1972,

there's no need to resort to insults.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Townsend Brown and the Biefield Brown effect are well known among alternative science researchers. You can even buy a kit to build your own Townsend Brown lifter. I recommend looking at some of the videos by the researcher Jean-Louis Naudin
jnaudin.free.fr...

Most of the lifters shown on the this page could possibly be explained via electric wind. At high enough voltage the atmosphere ionizes and the electrostatic field motion of the ions provides the lift. However Naudin has shown experiments both in a vacuum and in mineral oil that suggest perhaps, Townsend Brown was correct in associating the Biefield Brown effect with gravity.

[edit on 28-9-2005 by SevenThunders]

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 02:36 AM
link   
How could anyone possibly fall for any of those so called UFO Photos?

new topics

top topics

join