It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Talking about Chinese J-14 to Stealth F/A-37

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Till recentlly, every sorts of future fighter's shape has never been escaped from F-22. I do much suspect that F-22s' aerodynamic shape is most superior. Now Chinese have more imagenation.
I am sorry that I couldn't find out last thread that has discussed

Althouth the pics showed more fantasy but which compair with the F/A-37 showed in STEALTH is more scientifically

The J-14 has a wider spacing between two engines that cause a huge space which could carry more fuels and weapons. A wider distance between two vertical tails means that has much higher maneuverablity

[edit on 24-9-2005 by emile]

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Whats stealthy about that plane? It looks great, but those conards and the air inlet are like radar sails for pete's sake.

Sexy plane for sure, but it may as well be a Mack truck. Where are the weapon bays? I dont see them, and certainly no plane of stealth would use pilons...

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
Whats stealthy about that plane? It looks great, but those canards and the air inlet are like radar sails for pete's sake.

Sexy plane for sure, but it may as well be a Mack truck. Where are the weapon bays? I don't see them, and certainly no plane of stealth would use pylons...

We really need to see it closed up before we could really make a judgement, as for the weapons bay, you cant see it in the Rapture till they are opened, I assume its the same with this craft.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Weapon's Bays are internal, so you can't really see them. Yea it's a very sexy plane, as for being stealth, well, not so much.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
So thats what is would look like if the YF-23 & the X-32 had offspring.

It's not bad looking...But I'm not o fan of the Air intake, its location and its looks.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   
that plane is good but what about the su-47 i think it is a far better plane with unusual forward swept wings
external image
or the amazing YF-23 that wasn't put into production it just looks so much better than the raptor
external image

Neutrino

Mod Edit:Image Size

[edit on 24/9/2005 by Mirthful Me]

jra

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
It's a rather neat design, but is it an official one? I would assume this is just the work of some artist and done just for fun.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
the Su-47, while a nice plane, is not stealthy at all

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Aren't they redesigning the SU-47 with a more conventional wing.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 24-9-2005 by danwild6]

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by danwild6
Aren't they redesigning the SU-47 with a more conventional wing.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 24-9-2005 by danwild6]

They should, that wing proved unsuccessful because its advantages were less than its disadvantages (a minor reduction in turbulence when crossing to supersonic speed about 15%) (check out Dryden's page on the X-29).

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   
emile:

Now Chinese have more imagenation.

Yes, the Chinese are very imaginative, as are the Russians, as well.
Anyhow, till this concept drawing you have presented in this topic is proven as being an actual Chinese considered concept design, it is more in the realm of amateur graphics manipulations and amounts to nothing of substance. It looks as if someone has taken a J-10 and merged it with the MiG-2000/1.42-43 and then smoothed the surfaces.

This [image linked below] is the actual considered Chinese J-13/J-14 stealth design:
J-XX

This is backed by Jane's Defence News, which indicates nothing new from the Chinese on this matter than already has been published or circulated.
China launches new stealth fighter project
CHINA REVEALS NEW STEALTH FIGHTER PROJECT

seekerof

[edit on 24-9-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by KKing123

Sure? The Su-47 in fact, does have some stealthy features, however it is nowhere as stealthy as the F/A-22 Raptor, so to say that it is a full stealth design, is just plain wrong, but it does share some Stealthy features.

Now, why would they redesign the Su-47? It wouldn't make sense, it is true that the FSW configuration isn't good for Supersonic speeds, but it is amazingly manueverable at low speeds, has a lower drag, and a lower stall than conventional aircraft. All of that at subsonic speeds, it's pretty good, so I'd say that the Advantages out weigh the disadvantages on that one.

Why would the Russian's waste so much money on an aircraft that in the end, they'd end up making conventional like this? The Russian's just don't have the money to be making choices like this, if you ask me, the best course of action, will be to build a switchable FSW configuration.

This is what I mean, add the wings of the YF-23 to the Su-47 for Supersonic speeds and combat, and at subsonic speeds, have an extra set of wings that switch outwards from inside the main wings. The extra set will make it a FSW configuration, giving it great manueverability at low speeds. That's just my take on the subject, I'm sure other people feel differently. But I just think that the Su-47 is a great aircraft, so I don't think it should be changed, unless it were to be changed to the configuration I just mentioned.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Fine !!!! Do You have the link with these pictures in big ??

Thanks, Deino

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 02:29 AM
link   
The tail and body of that aircraft look an awfull lot like that of the YF-23

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man

Cough rip off cough...

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man

Because it probaly is. this is jut fan art on possible J-XX confirgurations

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deino

How bigger picture do you want?
What's kind of picture do you want?

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies

Originally posted by KKing123

……
Now, why would they redesign the Su-47? It wouldn't make sense, it is true that the FSW configuration isn't good for Supersonic speeds, but it is amazingly manueverable at low speeds, has a lower drag, and a lower stall than conventional aircraft. All of that at subsonic speeds, it's pretty good, so I'd say that the Advantages out weigh the disadvantages on that one.
Why would the Russian's waste so much money on an aircraft that in the end, they'd end up making conventional like this? The Russian's just don't have the money to be making choices like this, if you ask me, the best course of action, will be to build a switchable FSW configuration.……

A knowledgable post!

The other sider is that FSW isn't good for low detectable. The intersection angle between fuselage and wing cause a big reflection to enemy's radar.
But a switchable FSW that like STEALTH showed is not only much more complex that will be cause more cast than the moive in a true world but also todays' technology have not capability to do it.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by emile

Originally posted by Deino

How bigger picture do you want?
What's kind of picture do you want?

Sorry, but these 3 picture look quite being re-sized to a smaller scale ! ... I only wanted them - if possible - in the original size !

Cheers, Deino

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
In case someone is still wondering, the aircraft posted is just the work of someone playing around with the body of the YF/23.

That is all...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join