It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could meet any person that ever lived

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I would have to say Nikola Tesla.

[edit on 23-9-2005 by enthuziazm]

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
i am an AFROTC Cadet and i would like to meet Erwin Rommel so i can learn how be an officer from the best!

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Can't imagine just having any one person to dinner. Would send out mass invites: Jesus Christ, Abe Lincoln, Winston Churchill, Mahatma Gandhi, Thomas Jefferson, and Catherine the Great (after dinner entertainment?).

On the other hand Einstein, Tesla, Marconi, Edison, and Madame Curie wouldn't be bad company either.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Osama Bin Laden, so I could strangle him with my own two hands. The 25 million bounty would come in handy as a bonus.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 01:25 AM
link   
It would be Jesus. I'd like to know if he wrote the Bible or if it was based on folklore of the time

[edit on 9/24/05 by eeper69]

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Just one? Pretty tough question. Many of mine have already been listed here.

But my list would include:

-Jesus
-Einstein
-Jimi Hendrix
-All my relatives

*shrug*

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I think that I would go with Chief Seattle, since his views have touched me most deeply. It is a very hard choice though, and Mother Teresa, Mary Magdalene, Joan of Arc, Hypatia of Alexandria, Edgar Cayce, Buddha, Leonardo Da Vinci, Imhotep, Mahatma Gandhi, Ed Leedskalnin, Nicolas Tesla, Albert Einstein, John Lennon, Katherine Hepburn, MLK Jr., JFK, Malcolm X, Nostradamus, Abraham, King Solomon, Prince Henry Sinclair, Isaac Newton, Billy Meier, Akhnaten, Jacques DeMolay, and Berenger Sauniere, etc. etc. are a small sample of the historical figures that I would be fascinated to speak with. Out of those still with us, Aung San Soo Kyi, The Dalai Lama, Queen Elizabeth, Stephen Hawking, Yoko Ono, and Peter Gabriel can come see me anytime.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Well i gotta say I would love to spend time with either Jesus,Enstein or Ghandi..........but to be Honest, I would love to spend time with
Stan Lee!!!!!!!!!!!I mean How cool would that be!?!?! but thats me,
Hard core geek to the end!

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 02:58 AM
link   
God and my first anscestor and maybe Aleister Crowley.

and everyone who died in mysterious circumstances so I could ask them what really went on. They would be so Piddled about being killed off I am sure I would hear some real ditties.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Kafka, Gogol, Faulkner and J.L Borges.

I'd take them to a little cafe and order them pasta and lots of wine. Then I'd sit back and take it all in.

If I could only choose one, I'd invite Nicholai Gogol. We'd get a bottle of vodka and walk around the city and maybe he could talk to me about his stories.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 04:41 AM
link   
lol..Great thread.....

for me it would be plenty of wine and sat round a dinner of clam's muscles and prawns talking to

King Aurthur,
Alexander the Great,
Joey Dunlop,
Tazzio Nuvollario,
Oliver Reed,
The Wright Brothers,
My great Grandfather,
The Duke of Wellington,
Spike Milligan,
Ian Curtis,
Gengis Kahn,
The Red Baron,
Jesse James,
Captain william Kidd,
Dr Ferdinand Porsche,
Fred Dibbner,
W.O.Bentley,
That bloke who was first on the Scene at Roswell,
Johnny Johnstone,
Jason (from jason and the argonaughts),

and just to keep everyone amused i would get laurel and Hardy hammered on Absinth....ensuring some very violent but amusing 'slapstick' entertainment!

Regards.

oh P.S. it would be a big table with the butler from Batman serving us.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 06:25 AM
link   
BOB MARLEY.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Sun Tzu for sure.......................

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I'll make a short list:

1. Albert Einstein
2. Jesus Christ (I am not a Christian, but am curious as to what he can do, for example, walking on water, and so on)
3. Gandhi

-DucKid

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by garyo1954
Jesus Christ, Abe Lincoln .....

Yep ...
#1 would be Jesus Christ.
#2 would be Abe Lincoln.
#3 would be Adam, of Adam and Eve fame. I'd like to meet
him so I could smack him upside the head and tell him that
he should have gotten his own dinner when he got hungry.
That way Eve wouldn't have given him an apple and we
wouldn't be in this mess! Lazy bum!

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Well,
1. Jesus
2. Osama Bin Laden(to hand him in, to the authorities(Gun under table))
3. My Future Bride
4. Albert Einstein
5. Edgar Allen Poe(for some writing tips)
6. My best friend(so he could benefit from the meeting as well)

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I would like to speak to my Great Grandfather, he was a Captain in the Royal Artillary in the First War he fought from the 1st day all the way to the early few months of 1917 when he died of pnumonia brought on from wounds recieved.
He was a legend in my family and im sure he would have a lot to tell me.
Oh and Robert Lee and Black Jack Pershing.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I think that I would like to have dinner with the now infamous Adolph Hitler. I would just have to ask him "what the hell were you thinking?" Politics aside, he was a charasmatic leader who had tremendous appeal and following amongst the Germans. How could he ever have passed up the opportunity to actually do good considering his amazing ascendency into a position of absolute power.

I would have to also ask that same question of some other not so benevolent tyrants such as Joseph Stalin and Mao Tse Tung. Why is it that whenever someone becomes an absolute dictator he always seems to succumb to the adage of "absolute power corrupts" Why can't there seem to be a "benevolent tyrant"?

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   
If i could meet anybody that ever lived it would be,
1. John Lennon
2. Lee Harvey Oswald - to finally hear his side of the story
3. Adolf Hitler - to give em a real good ass kicken and figure out what he thought he was doing
4. George W. Bush - same reasons as Hitler
5. Eva Longoria - have you ever seen this woman?

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
1. would be Washington, to find out what he thought of the way our country is run Now.

2. Napolean, to find out once and for all why he always had his hand in his shirt.

3. Walt Disney, to find out if he's rolling in his grave, mad at Michael Isner for making Disney nothing more than a hoed out, tourist guru type approach to mediocre animation. And pushing way too much quantity and not enough quality.

4. Jim Henson, to find out if he's mad because muppets and fragglerock were cancelled.

5. My great grandfather, who led the protestant catholic reformation.

6. Andy Kaufman Just so I could actually have some good laughs.

7. St. John the baptist.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join