It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dream that left physical scars?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I had a dream last night that I was being held and questioned by someone.
All that I can remember of the dream is that I was seated at a table and someone, (all I can remember is that they were female, blonde, middle aged, stocky built). She had my left hand palm up and was bending my hand downward causing me great pain and questioning me about something. I don't remember what she wanted to know, but I would not tell her. She took out a knife and slashed the inside of my arm. I woke up this morning with a slight memory of the dream. I stumbled into the kitchen to make coffee and in the process saw the inside of my arm. There is a scar about 2 inches long about 6 inches from my wrist and another smaller scar below it about 1/2 inch. I did not have these scars before.

I know, you think I'm nuts. Has anyone had a similar experience?

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Hello Cindy,

I have not had such an experience, although I have heard of similar ones.

I do not think it is possible for a phsyical scar to be created because of damage in a dream. I do think it is possible that the scar be subconsciously self-inflicted while the dream is taking place.

What do the scars look like they were caused by? Knife, nails etc..

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Hello Cindy, figure this.
I woke up one morning with something black lying across my eyes. I took hold of it and flung it away from me, but it fell back on my face. Sat up and found it was my right arm - which was covered in dried blood from the finder tips to the elbow. No blood in the bed or in the house or anywhere else on my body. Spooky.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
They look like a slash from a knife. The largest is 2 inches long and about 1/4" wide. The smaller one below it is about 1/2" long and about 1/8" wide. They appear as healed scars and look like they have been there for a long time, no surface irritation or redness. I have a tan and the scar is lighter than the rest of my skin and you can see that it is scar tissue. I know it sounds crazy, and I probably shouldn't have posted this. I am sure that everyone will just think that I am a crack pot. I think that I would have noticed injuring myself, especially since the location is where I would certainly have noticed it.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Kando-that IS spooky. I almost feel as if my body must have been somewhere that my conscious mind wasn't-does that make sense? I may have to take a tylenol pm to be able to sleep tonight. I drove to my husband's work to show him the scars. He KNOWS that they weren't there before. It would have been one thing if they were fresh injuries. I would have thought that I had somehow injured myself in my sleep. I have done that before, scratches etc., but these are well healed scars.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Cindy, that is weird to have scars appear all of a sudden. Thinking about it. One thing that can scar like that is acid.
But scars can be weird. I once saw a guy's face change entirely to reveal scars I never noticed until he got angry, then his face was covered in them - like he'd been through a windscreen.

Weird stuff happens. My own life has been full of weird stuff. Just a few weeks ago, I was just finishing shaving one morning when I noticed three black dots beside my left nostril.
They weren't there the day before, but they looked like big blackheads - so I decided to squeeze them out anyway.
Turned out they were not black heads - but three little black holes that were kind of skinned over, but full of blood.
Later in the day, when I got home from work I went to check them out - and there was absolutely no trace of them whatever.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by CindyfromFlorida

"I had a dream last night that I was being held and questioned by someone.
She had my left hand palm up and was bending my hand downward causing me great pain and questioning me about something. I don't remember what she wanted to know, but I would not tell her."

As a martial artist, it sounds like no dream, but someone trained for that sort of thing. Hypnotic suggestion may've told you to forget. Try telling yourself repeatedly to disregard hypnotic suggestion over-ride consciously.

She took out a knife and slashed the inside of my arm. I woke up this morning with a slight memory of the dream. I stumbled into the kitchen to make coffee and in the process saw the inside of my arm. There is a scar"

I spoke with a hypnotist, who confirmed that stage hypnotists sit their subjects under a light strobed at 8-10Hz, to get their total control. Some use voice strobing at the same frequency, which matches "alpha state" brain wave activity to do it. Some are more susceptable than others.

If the dream involved a ghost you knew, I'd get into supernatural events in dreams deeper. I know a woman that dreamed of getting burned, and awoke slightly burned, like sunburned on one side.

Office of Scientific Investigation & Research has had some wild dream state cases. They're international & work for govs only, and have their site reserved, but never opened at www.osir.org The case files are NSA classified, often.

The former tv series PSI Factor: Chronicles of the Paranormal, was hosted by Dan Akyroid, each ephisode claiming to be based on TRUE case files of OSIR. OSIR doesn't sell anything or need the public for work. Their mailing address is listed at this site, as California, but they're headquartered near the UN-Europe;
www.psiberific.com /OSIR
www.psifactor.tvheaven.com

But I think it's hypnosis, which can be accomplished on a sleeping person also.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I don't have physical scars, but this morning I woke up pretty terrified and shaking and whatnot. I have actually forgotten the majority of the dream because I had it at about 6:30 am and I didnt wake up until 8:30. (I remember waking up and looking at the clock after it happened.)

The basics that I can remember were that aliens came to earth and took over or something, or just became part of the population. (This is my first dream ever about aliens), and anyway they were implanting chips of some kid into people, and I ran away and hid from having to get one. And there was something else that they were giving to people and it was giving them all cancer.

I decided to visit the UFO forum yesterday, probably what caused it. Man, that's the last time I do that. lol.

Anyway I woke up on my back (I normally sleep on my side :\), and my entire body was all tinglingly-scared. No physical marks that I see of yet. I'll go take a look in the mirror later and see. lol.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
sounds like your a stigmatic (or something like that theirs 2 names for it ones for marks of jesus while up on the cross another is just for cuts and scars that will just appear but i can only remember that name)

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I have awoken before with several red marks across my arms, but that could easily could have been laying on top on top of them.

Such causes of recieving physical injury in the dream realm sounds pretty non-plausible. Perhaps Cindy, you could have gotten this cut from the day before and not have noticed it?

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I had a real scary expersiance once...i dreammde i was shot in my left pec and i claspde my hand to my chest to pressure it...i woke up and found a handprint in my chest (i was probably clasping at it as i was in my dream) but there was also a darker red spot in the middle of the handprint where i was "shot" and for the whole day i was experiance random periodic pains in that area...i was scarred.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Pardon me as I've had a few drinks tonight so if any of this does not make sense I promise to edit it tomorrow..
I
f the mind believes something is happening, it can and will feel like it's happening in real time, be it a dream or not. The unconsious mind, or rather I say the mind in general is a very powerful thing.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I catch gist of what you are saying, Eden.

A friend of mine, a while back, was telling me of a narcotic that if taken in heavy doses could cause your brain to go through the simulation of drowning until you die.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic12
I catch gist of what you are saying, Eden.

A friend of mine, a while back, was telling me of a narcotic that if taken in heavy doses could cause your brain to go through the simulation of drowning until you die.

Ya I've also heard of "drowning" in your sleep....like if you had a near death experiance in water that causes you to dream about it...your mind recalls it in such detail that your body actually belives you are drowning...and with it...come the closed throat

new topics

top topics

join