It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012...Alien Invasion?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   
With all the talk surrounding this particular date, and it's meaning, i have read that this is the year, 22 december 2012, apparently that the final alien invasion will occur on earth.

I say "final" because, we are, or, have been supposedly, already been invaded already!

Does anyone have more info on this particular date, and the alien invasion, and has anybody heard THIS before?

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
X Files basic story out line:

Aliens once inhabited the earth, they died off leaving a virus behind when the first Ice Age came, years later, they began preperation to recolonize the earth, the set date for this final alien invasion was to be December 22nd 2012.

It is impossible to know when or if ETs will invade, or when there will be disclosure on the subject.

And there are hundreds of threads on this...check them out here.

[edit on 22-9-2005 by shorty]

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Yeah cheers Shorty!

Am aware of many threads regarding this subject. I thought it may of been the X-Files, where i had heard this.

But surely it is possible that this could still be correct, being that the whole of the X-Files, could actually be based on truth, put out there to gage public opinion to this widely followed subject.

Just a thought that's all!

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by veritas 7
With all the talk surrounding this particular date, and it's meaning, i have read that this is the year, 22 december 2012, apparently that the final alien invasion will occur on earth.

I say "final" because, we are, or, have been supposedly, already been invaded already!

Does anyone have more info on this particular date, and the alien invasion, and has anybody heard THIS before?

2012 is the year the mayan calendar ends. According to their prophecy that will be the time when they return from the stars. The prophecy also says that just before 2012 great signs will be seen in the sky and significative events will take place in our planet.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
The X Files is a fiction show (A damn good show at that).

being that the whole of the X-Files, could actually be based on truth,

Could be...isn't...Super soliders aren't real, Fox Mulder doesn't exist.

The X Files did incorporate some real conspiracy theory into the shows, that doesn't mean the whole plot is real.

[edit on 22-9-2005 by shorty]

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Yes i know it is not real, Shorty!

Quite obviously fiction.

But the whole plot that the show outlines, just maybe true, MAYBE!

Deny Ignorance, hey!?

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   
TV shows and movies do seem to have a weird way of unintentionally predicting/making stories about something that is going to happen in the future, don't they?

I'm unsure what will happen on that fateful day of December 21st/24th, 2010/2012, or why it will happen, but I'm not counting out aliens. There are many different widespread theories about the date, but so many people have come up with the same date in so many different prophecies that I expect at least SOMETHING to happen. Plus the Mayans, apparently the first people to talk about the date, are rumored to have had some contact with extraterrestrials. Besides the pyramids, there are other artifacts that point to it. I don't know how much credit people give to people like Zecharia Sitchen and Erich Von Daniken, but they have both written books about such things, and it seems pretty plausible.

I'm sure when we get to about 2008, people are going to really start discussing this, there will probably be at least a couple big news reports on it once we get close to the event, and 'ordinary' (ignorant) people will start to hear about it and worry, like Y2K
. Hopefully (or maybe not?) something will happen this time around, though. If not, I'm never getting hyped up for a specific date again

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I hope so, the world ruled by aliens cant get any worse then under human rule imho.

Come plz aliens to rescue humankind from our selves

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Slightly off subject- but have you noticed the influx of alien tv shows, I believe "Threshold" and "Invasion" are the newest..both about alien invasion.

NOTE: I found it ironic that in "Invasion"... the aliens came up through a gigantic HURRICANE off the cost of FL. The hurricane was used as a cover as they flew out of the ocean.

Not sure what to make of it. Are the networks playing/exploiting into the whole "invasion" endtimes idea or are the same creative minds who come up with these shows cut from the same cloth as many here at ATS?

BTW- Threshold is on tonight and it looks to be the better of the two so far. Their premise is that there is a "break" in the magnetic field and deals with a "4th dimension"

peace

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Yeah. I've often wondered if since TV / Movies are such an influential and accepted way of our lives if they try to slowly condition us to accept things to come through those mediums.

[edit on 9/23/2005 by Twice Fooled]

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Twice Fooled
Yeah. I've often wondered if since TV / Movies are such an influential and accepted way of our lives if they try to slowly condition us to accept things to come through those mediums.

[edit on 9/23/2005 by Twice Fooled]

Personally I find the sci-fi channel "Stargate SG-1" series to be very well made in terms of presenting very logical and philosophical ideas regarding the nature of other beings in the universe, and our own nature in the process. For example, it demonstrates how easily an entire civilization can be made to accept a religion with a God (or God's) who are actually just very high-tech beings posing as such. So if ever in the near future a group of highly advanced beings would attempt to ellicit our worship (like Prophet Yahweh is currently trying to accomplish on a small scale), at least those who have seen the show would be mentally prepared to question this and not blindly accept them as "Gods", etc.

Although this and similar shows do attempt to convince us that any secret government projects (like the stargate project as a fictional example) are designed for our own good only, not for a greedy/selfish government purpose that has nothing to do with the well-being of the population, which is much more likely to be the case. But still, the show promts people to question their beliefs, their current religious beliefs especially, and consider different possibilities as to the true nature of their origin, which may be entirely different than we're meant to think.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I've thought about the samething my self that SG-1 has got a point. On the other hand my belief is that a lot of these movies and shows are comming ouit to prepares when these ETs reveil themesleves to us. Just in case something does happen get ready to exect the worse we've got seven years to prepare.
eventhough not too many people think we're credible. not to change the subject but we've going to be really screwed if our government doest keep trying to take away our rights.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   
The problem I always have with any alien invasion story is the simple fact that an invasion of the Earth, in the sense that we understand invasions simply would not happen, in my opinion. Humans are familiar with invasions, so when we use the word there are a number of connotations that go along with it. We think of a vast military force overrunning an area and great battles being fought between the invaders and the occupants of the area.

Even when we consider the notion of alien invasion, these aspects are present. One merely has to look at popular movies that deal with alien invasion to see how such a thing is portrayed. For example, in Signs, Independence Day and War of the Worlds, the invasion is a typical military invasion - the aliens simply have better toys. As a result, these films portray aspects of invasions with which we are familiar - large ground battles, furious dogfights, displaced refugees. Simply put, I do no think that if aliens truly wished to invade or forcibly occupy the Earth that they would engage in such practices.

Why? Because they are inefficient. If you want to simply destroy the planet, there is no need to send a fleet of interstellar warships. Just erect a giant screen and place it between the Earth and the Sun, blocking out any sunlight that reaches the Earth. Or take asteroids from the belt between Mars and Jupiter and hurl them at the Earth by the dozen. If all you want to do is eradicate Humanity and leave the planet virtually unscathed, then release a virus into Earth's atmosphere that is specifically keyed to human DNA. Surely a race that possesses the technology required to traverse the stars would be capable of creating such a thing, especially if they are warlike and their technology is focused on such things?

Alien invasion stories like those of War of the Worlds are entertaining and, ultimately, reassuring. They suggest that, if aliens ever did come to Earth looking for a fight, that there would be a chance, however small, that we could fight back and defeat them. It is less comforting to conceive of aliens who may be millions of years more advanced then us and capable of reducing the planet to dust with a wave of their hand. The methods I have suggested as ways that aliens might destroy either the planet or Humanity are just some that I thought of. Imagine what an alien race, infinitely more advanced then we are and bent on our destruction or subjugation, might conceive of.

I do not know if anything will happen in 2012. I really doubt it, but I am confident that Earth will never see an alien invasion of the type popularised through Hollywood. It simply does not make much sense when you sit and think about it, at least in my opinion. What do you guys think?

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Ah but whats if they screwed up there planet and they want to colonize this plant. note not destry colonize

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by geekboy
Ah but whats if they screwed up there planet and they want to colonize this plant. note not destry colonize

No problem. As I said, release a genetic virus into the atmosphere that is keyed to human DNA. Such an act should be simple for beings with the technology required to travel to the Earth from another planet especially if, as I said, they are warlike or aggressive to begin with and have a good understanding of offensive technologies.

Alternately, do what they did on Stargate (at least I think it was Stargate) - release a virus into the atmosphere which inhibits the ability to reproduce. You would not have to wait long before the human race was effectively extinct and you could then comfortably move in and take over a still bountiful planet.

The point is that there are many ways to dispose of Humanity whilst leaving the planet unspoiled. The aliens biggest concern would prbably be Humanity spitefully nuking the Earth in a last act of defiance. However, depending on how advanced the aliens are, they may be able to counter even this threat with little effort.

[edit on 25/9/05 by Jeremiah25]

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 02:03 AM
link   
good point very good point indeed and yeah the virus in the stargate episode yeah i rember that one. I've herd specution about them keeping us around for slave labor. it's just a thought.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Veritas

But surely it is possible that this could still be correct, being that the whole of the X-Files, could actually be based on truth, put out there to gage public opinion to this widely followed subject.

Mabe so,

Do you remember the X files series, The Lone Gunman
Dean Haglund, who played the role of Richard 'Ringo' Langly in both series,
talked about the Lone Gunmen episode that aired prior to September 11th in which an inside faction of the government posing as terrorists hijacks a 727 by remote control and targets the World Trade Center.

www.infowars.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Yeah because it's also been spoke about "close encounters", another film that was "meant" to have taken place, and based on fact!

All this done to see the results on a unknowing audience, US!!!

who

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Jeremiah25 has it right, we are rather close minded when we think of an invasion, I highly doubt they would be. As bad of a comparison as it may seem, I think they said it quite well in the movie The Faculty. That movie was about a high school in some quiet town that was taken over by an alien through planting small parasites in your ear. The line I was getting at was something about if you were an alien race, would you attack the planet by landing on the white house lawn, or would you slip in through the back door where no one is looking and have little or no fight. If anyone else has seen this, please clarify for me. I think that kid had it right on.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by who
Jeremiah25 has it right, we are rather close minded when we think of an invasion, I highly doubt they would be. As bad of a comparison as it may seem, I think they said it quite well in the movie The Faculty. That movie was about a high school in some quiet town that was taken over by an alien through planting small parasites in your ear. The line I was getting at was something about if you were an alien race, would you attack the planet by landing on the white house lawn, or would you slip in through the back door where no one is looking and have little or no fight. If anyone else has seen this, please clarify for me. I think that kid had it right on.

The war of the worlds movie portrayed the aliens killing us one by one. It's rather funny, if you wanted to destroy an ant colony, would you shoot each ant individually while allowing all the other ends time to run? Or would you just spray the colony with "insecticide" or something similar and simply annihilate it in seconds?

Or, what if they need us for something, what better way than to establish a system of control that's designed to keep us asleep and unaware and oblivious to the reality of our predicament, and this system would be designed to generate exactly what the aliens want from us without us even realising it? So we would be like a cow herd, we'd not even realise what is our purpose and what our entire life is really designed for. In the case of cows, it's just food. Maybe this is not so different either?

What's interesting is, when you think about the food chain, predator and prey, when you start moving up to humans, who are the top of the food chain on this planet (as far as we know), our way to kill animals is not the natural "predator and prey" scenario. Because we have brains, we can make animals think they're not prey at all, and kill them in such a way that they don't know it's coming, and the rest of them have no idea that they are being grown and exterminated for our needs. So while generally in the animal world the prey are aware of the existance of predators, when it comes to humans, animals tend to have absolutely no idea, we do it intelligently, we control their entire existance and then take them out one by one when we need them, and they are completely unaware of what's going on, they don't even know that we ARE predators or a threat at all, which is exactly the way we like to keep it.

The same could very well be true if you continue the food chain to a level above us. This whole planet could be just a giant chicken farm, and we'd not know it. We could be simply a "resource" to be grown and cultivated, and we'd have absolutely no idea about it, just like our chickens and our cows are oblivious to the reality of their predicament. And in order to help maintain the system, we're given things like religions and other lies to keep us believing in illusions and therefore unaware of the reality. So while we're busy making assumptions and generally are kept constantly busy with our every day lives, our greater existance could very well be simply a one of a crop that is cultivated and collected when needed.

In fact, I think this is exactly what is happening..

[edit on 25-9-2005 by lilblam]

<<   2  3  4 >>

join