It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mumified Incan Girl Remains Found. Bill Clinton Wants a Date With Her.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I noticed an interesting news article about some Incan children, over 500 years old, that were found frozen on the top of a mountain. The mummies are so well preserved that they almost look alive.

Washington Post - Propriety and History Clash in Argentina
SALTA, Argentina -- Their facial features are clear, and their muscles are firm. The blood remains frozen in their veins, and the vivid clothes they wore the day they died remain intact.

The three Incan children -- believed to be victims of a mountaintop sacrifice about 500 years ago -- are among the best-preserved mummies ever found, and Argentine officials hope to put them on display this fall in a museum in this city in the far north.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Okay, now for the Pres. Clinton bashing part
You have to read this part of the story. It's sad, but true.

His most famous discovery was the mummified Peruvian "ice maiden" known as Juanita, a pre-Columbian teenager apparently also sacrificed to the Inca gods on a mountaintop. When Juanita was displayed at the National Geographic Society in Washington in 1996, President Bill Clinton joked that she was so attractive, "If I were a single man, I might ask that mummy out."

It appears that even death cant quench the desires of Bill Clinton. How did this guy end up as President?

[edit on 22-9-2005 by dbates]

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
President Bill Clinton joked that she was so attractive, "If I were a single man, I might ask that mummy out."

It appears that even death cant quench the desires of Bill Clinton. How did this guy end up as President?

I really don't believe that to be a valid quote from President Clinton.

Since when has his marital status been a factor?

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Hey! I don't know either, but the Washington Post seems to be a somewhat okay news source. I have to say that I'm suprised that I haven't heard that before either. It does sound like something he would say.

Here's the text of his speech where he made this remark. It appears to be more than true. No, I suppose that has nothing to do with his political abilities. It's just funny.

REMARKS BY THE PRESIDENT AT CONNECTICUT PRESIDENTIAL GALA
I don't know if you've
seen that mummy. (Laughter.) But, you know, if I were a single man, I
might ask that mummy out. (Laughter.) That's a good-looking mummy.
That mummy looks better than I do on my worst days, I'm telling you.
You need to go see her. (Laughter.) If there was ever an argument
against ageism, it's that mummy. I mean, really. You need to go see
her. (Laughter.) Let me say -- I can't believe -- I'll hear about that
before it's over, but anyway.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Yeah, I was kidding earlier. Only Bill could make a statement like that and get laughter. Let anyone else make those remarks and there would be silence. Bill is a master.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
And I thought he'd bang anything that moved...seems that's not even a requirement

new topics

top topics

join