It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorists Use Children as Shields; Child Dies in Firefight

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   
These guys are sick. Not only do they deliberately blow up kids accepting candy and aid from Coalition troops, they use them in firefights as shields. Animals don’t even sacrifice their young to preserve themselves…

Story here

WASHINGTON, Sept. 21, 2005 – One child was killed and another was injured when terrorists used them as human shields during coalition forces raids of three terrorist safe houses Sept. 20 in Mosul, Iraq's third largest city, officials in Baghdad reported today.
Based on tips from concerned citizens and multiple intelligence sources, coalition forces raided two suspected safe houses to capture known terrorists operating in Mosul. The terrorists were believed to have senior al Qaeda connections in the city and northern Iraq, officials said.

When coalition forces entered the first terrorist safe house, three terrorists attacked with small-arms fire. Coalition forces returned fire, killing two terrorists and wounding another.

During the firefight, one of the terrorists used a small child to shield himself as he fired on coalition forces. The child was slightly wounded during the exchange of gunfire. The child and wounded terrorist were evacuated and are being treated at a local field hospital. Both are expected to recover from their wounds, officials noted.

I guess its this type of thing that seperates us from these terrorist savages.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
I guess its this type of thing that seperates us from these terrorist savages.

I wish that the people who call the US troops in Iraq and Afghanistan murders would read this, but they would probably say that it was a valid tactic and that the US troops should have let the terrorists go instead of shooting it out. What I find ironic is the damned if you do damned if you don't attitude. If the US troops take care to avoid civilian casualties they end up taking casualties and people scream bloody murder. If they play it safe then the civilians take casualties and people scream bloody murder. I think that some people just like to scream bloody murder. The antiwar crowd asks why the US invaded Iraq? One reason is so that the children being used for sheilds won't be American, British, French, Italian......etc.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   

I guess its this type of thing that separates us from these terrorist savages.

I agree the insurgents are savages.

Don't you think the troops should have pulled back and stop firing at the Shields? Didn't like three kids die? I heard the story on the radio this morning, but stories change minute to minute.

[edit on 22-9-2005 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
This is coming to a neighborhood to you if Cindy Sheeann and her rag-tag bumbling band of half-wits and just plain morons. They can't see the end result and these terrorists are eating it up in big scoops. In essence, she is aiding the enemny and should be charged with Sedition. SpittinCobra, I agree with you 100&
We all should remember to be moore sennsitiive, afterall, this they call themselves the religon of peace. They have not been at peace with any of their neighbors for the past 4000k. years. Go figure

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
This is happening, and has happened before. My son is testament to something similar which he witnessed. (I will repost his story on request for those have not read it).

The fact is, and has always been, that the Western World has greater morals than some of the people they are now fighting against. A soldier faced with a 'suspect' holding a child, would think twice before shooting, whereas a 'suspect' would have no qualms about killing innocent people. That is were the difference lies.The 'suspect' knows this only too well. This is what makes him an evil coward.

If, and only if, do the soldiers open fire and kill or injure the child, then that is what hits the News headlines. Its what these people want. Publicity at its best for their so called cause.

My explanation.... The word 'suspect' is used instead of terrorist. Some people support terrorists, but how many support 'suspects'?

[edit on 22-9-2005 by Bikereddie]

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   

This happening, and has happened before. My son is testament to something similar which he witnessed. (I will repost his story on request for those have not read it).

Bikereddie, please do.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Desert Dawg

This happening, and has happened before. My son is testament to something similar which he witnessed. (I will repost his story on request for those have not read it).

Bikereddie, please do.

I would willingly post it again, but would not want to take away the relevance of the authors thread. The story i have is similar to what is described, but i would rather wait for the author to give his consent first.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   
This is the mentality that we, as a western society, are fighting against when we take on terrorism. It is sick - plain and simple. These people have no respect for anything other then themselves and their views.

For those who support these "insurgents" as freedom fighters - whos freedom were they fighting for? Surely not that childs, and he was a fellow Iraqi.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bikereddie
I would willingly post it again, but would not want to take away the relevance of the authors thread. The story i have is similar to what is described, but i would rather wait for the author to give his consent first.

Perhaps you could post a link to your original post?

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   
The story is from the US department of defense?

I'd take it with a grain of salt. Propaganda comes to mind.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   
There is no defending using children as human shields. But, how exactly is this morally worse than carpet bombing whole villages? Animals don't do that, either.

-koji K.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
This sounds like a total load of crap. Bush conveniently assigns the title of "terrorist" to anyone who opposes his views. Who can say who was involved in this. The US has been known to set up similar photo ops to further the cause of the war. I personally don't believe it. And to the people who think that the Iraqis are less moral than you-I have to ask-then why do you think it is so important to "fight for thier freedom"? If you feel that they are so morally inferior then why bother? Leave the "savages" alone and do your own laundry. It's beginning to smell!

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by koji_K
There is no defending using children as human shields. But, how exactly is this morally worse than carpet bombing whole villages? Animals don't do that, either.

-koji K.

Of course its its worse, far worse.

Imagine being in the situation where you used a five year old held up in front of you to stop YOU being shot. Absolutely insane and sick. There is a vast amount of difference between this and carpet bombing.

The person is using an innocent as a shield. And a child at that. Carpet bombing does not even come into the same catagory. Nor does the similarity.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Biker, post it, its AMAZINGLY relevant to this thread.

People, Bikers son has had personal experience with the way these animals treat people and children to advance their terror.

[edit on 22-9-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
there is a policy on ballistic subs where if there are sailors that are hostages and the terrorists want the keys to the nukes, the sailors would attempt to take back the boat no matter how much danger to the hostages. if Osama has a hostage in his hands, do u pull back and let him go? why u dink terrorists use hostages?

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bikereddie

Originally posted by koji_K

-koji K.

Of course its its worse, far worse.

Imagine being in the situation where you used a five year old held up in front of you to stop YOU being shot. Absolutely insane and sick. There is a vast amount of difference between this and carpet bombing.

The person is using an innocent as a shield. And a child at that. Carpet bombing does not even come into the same catagory. Nor does the similarity.

I could not disagree more. Because you can't see the child (or 10 children, or 100 children) this makes it better? Because you just have to press a button, and children die, this makes it better? At least the terrorist is openly accepting the brutality of war, instead of hiding behind technology and buzzwords like "shock and awe."

I would agree it is *harder* to hold a child in front of you as a human shield, but please, don't tell me it's morally worse. Killing children is killing children, and I cannot accept claims that somehow we are morally superior here in the west. Better educated, maybe, and perhaps on an individual level our soldiers are nicer guys than these terrorists. But we are not superior, morally, as a people. We just kill children under different circumstances.

Again, I'm not condoning it in any way. I just think the hypocrisy here is amazing. Is it just that when you look at a map with a Vietnamese or Cambodian or Afghani village marked on it, you can't see it's frightened face?

-koji K.

[edit on 22-9-2005 by koji_K]

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Nobody is doubting what they are capable of. To put it in proper perspective, though, look what we have done to them and THEIR CHILDREN, in order to save some and bring democracy? What democracy? Do we have it here?

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Biker, post it, its AMAZINGLY relevant to this thread.

People, Bikers son has had personal experience with the way these animals treat people and children to advance of their terror.

Ok, thanks skippy

This post was made a while ago after my son got back from Iraq. The original thread it was posted in was terminated on my request due to certain circumstances.
Original thread

here is the story........................

There is one story he had to tell me. I deliberated on weather or not to post, but decided i needed to share this.

For obvious reasons I'm not going to reveal where he was when the following took place.

His squadron was based just outside a small village near to where most of the trouble was happening. After a few weeks, they began to get know the local kids, who were always around asking for water.
They used to give the kids the water and tried to make conversation with them. They taught them English to an extent, enough to be able to be understood, names etc.
My son was quiet taken with a 9 year old girl who , according to him seemed to be the odd one out among the other children. He used to give her chocolate bars from his ration packs and the boiled sweets that they get.
This went on for weeks, until he handed over some chocolate to the girl in the street. Some elders or maybe part of her family were sitting in the background watching this happen. Nothing was said, just a waved hand and a smile.

He never saw this girl again until 3 weeks later. She was hanging from a tree. She had been hung because she had taken "gifts" from a westerner. The girls family were distraught. They didn't blame my son, but they thanked my him for taking the time to help her and to make her happy.

My son phoned me in tears when he found out what had happened. He still feels like he was to blame for some part in this. Maybe if he hadn't given her things ,then she might still be alive?This is what he thought.
I told him to take comfort in what he did for the unfortunate girl, and look back at how it made her smile and brought a small piece of happiness into her life.
He will live with that memory for ever. He even has the photograph of her in his wallet. He said he needs to keep it.

I apologize if this has upset anyone, but it made me cry when he was telling me about it. Hell, i even got choked up writing this.

There is a lot to this War that we will never get to know.

Cheers Eddie

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
There is nothing, and I mean nothing that could ever happen, or threaten to happen, to me that would cause me to hold a living child up and use them as a barrier to protect myself. I would rather die 1000 painfull deaths than do such a thing.

And you know what? 100% of all the US soldiers over there were brought up just like me, in the same enviroments with the same influences. And Id bet everything they feel the same way I do. Heck, I have buddies over there that would shoot themselves dead rather than harm a child.

So nothing you can tell me can ever justify one of these savages hiding behind a kid in a shootout. The very act itself shows you that even these animals know we would never deliberatly shoot a child, that why they do it.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I AM very sorry your son had to endure this. My husband who was in VietNam was ORDERED to shoot a baby in its crib.

War is insanity.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join