It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive Katrina Damage Photos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 12:36 AM
link   
First off I'd like to thank a friend of mine for taking the time to take these photos when headed back to his home in Biloxi, MS. Unfortunately for him his house was completely destroyed. The images are quite frankly sickening. So far I have uploaded 31 images to the gallery. I have two or three hundred to review, resize and upload. There is also some video to check out. I'll get them uploaded as soon as I can. Check out the collection.

www.climatepatrol.com...

Here is a sample of what I was sent.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Wow, pretty amazing pictures. It's amazing how much damage these storms can do.

Thanks Indy!

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Hrmmm....

Maybe it's just me, b ut none of the photos will enlarge for me. I keep getting this:

59 6858d8ccf066c642edb5957e7e8c4db2.jpg
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/html/modules/Forums/imageredirect.php:19) in /var/www/html/modules/Forums/imageredirect.php on line 27

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Amazing. Are these photos immediately following the storm? It's just so odd to see rooms that are demolished, yet have items still sitting on shelves and an ironing board erect with clothes on hangers. It's almost as if the storm left some things untouched while destroying everything else around.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Sorry I was an idiot and working on this code when I'm tired and have no caffeine. I fixed the problem. You should be able to see the images fine.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Indy, do you know if this is just wind damage or storm surge damage too?

edit:

I guess these were all taken along the coast, so I assume most of the bad damage was in fact storm surge...

[edit on 9/22/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Given where the pics were taken I'd guess surge. Some of the pics you can see sand and mud. Some things are wind damage but most surge. What a mess. Trying to figure out if I should post the video as well. The first one I looked at was ok. Nothing really special. I'll check the rest and post any that are good.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I've posted the better pictures. There are 147 in the gallery. I'm working on the video. Will probably finish that tomorrow.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Yes, they're all working for me now. Thanks.

The pictures are great, they really s how the destruction and the magnitude of it all. Thanks for sharing them.

top topics

join