It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PBS admit to NWO existing.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I usually don't post in this forum because I don't really have much to day because I thought that the NWO was something that was made up or just play silly. For the record I didn't believe in the NWO at all until last night.

I was watching a PBS specail on the oil in Alaska and in Canada. The area that I am talking about in the show was about Canada's oil supply. I never knew this but Canada does have one of the largest oil supplies in the world. Almost 600 billion barrels are sitting under the natural forestest in what is call "sand oil". Very interesting stuff.

But onto my point: I was sitting there watching and the narrator said that there are groups trying to stop the American EMPIRE from taking the oil that Canada has and that the Empire and the Bush Administration is trying to take over what is Canada's right in having this oil reserve.

AMAZING the narrator said it and one of the groups against American coming into Canada said EMPIRE of America.
There were even signs that were saying NO EMPIRE HERE! and NO WORLD ORDER HERE!

Anyone else see this?

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I'm not exactly sure, but I'm pretty sure that a nation that effectivly rules other nations is classified as an empire. And seing as we effectivly control Iraq I guess that technically we are an empire. That or it was just the attitude of the narrator. I doubt PBS would just go out declaring a New World Order with impunity.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Well, the narrator did say NWO in a with saying that the protesters from Canada are holding signs that say no New Empire and No Empire here.

I did have to take a double take at the TV and I wish I would have T-Vod it.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by texmiller
AMAZING the narrator said it and one of the groups against American coming into Canada said EMPIRE of America.

What does that matter???? Lots of people refer to the US as an empire. So what?

I mean, really, why is this impressive?? France is an empire. There I just said it, does that mean that its true and that the NWO is real? Also, does that mean that ATS admiting that it exists? PBS didn't seem to admit anything here.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Source
An empire (also known technically, abstractly or disparagingly as an imperium, and with powers known among Romans as "imperium") comprises a set of regions locally ruled by governors, viceroys or client kings in the name of an emperor. By extension, one could classify as an empire any large, multi-ethnic state ruled from a single center. Like other states, an empire maintains its political structure at least partly by coercion. Land-based empires (such as Russia or Achaemenid Persia) tend to extend in a contiguous area; sea-borne empires, also known as thalassocracies (the Athenian and British empires provide examples), may feature looser structures and more scattered territories.

Compare the concept of "empire" with that of a federation, where a large, multi-ethnic state — or even an ethnically homogeneous one like Australia or a small area like Switzerland — relies on mutual agreement amongst its component political units.

Also, one can compare physical empires with potentially more abstract or less formally structured hegemonies, which add cultural influences to their power repertory within their spheres of influence, and also compare empires with superpowers.

Source
em·pire
n.

A political unit having an extensive territory or comprising a number of territories or nations and ruled by a single supreme authority.
The territory included in such a unit.
An extensive enterprise under a unified authority: a publishing empire.
Imperial or imperialistic sovereignty, domination, or control: “There is a growing sense that the course of empire is shifting toward the... Asians” (James Traub).

If you talk about American Culture and the Americanisation of the World, yes they would have an Empire although it is highly abstract.

Economically they have an Empire. If America was to remove all of their capital and stop outside trade and imports, they would have the ability to cripple many Nation's.

The peiod ending say Mid-1990, they also had an Empire in the sense of controlling other Nation's. If they still do now depends on if you view them as controlling Iraq/Afganistan/et al because of their Army being there and not viewing the Afagani/Iraqi/et al, Government as in control.

join