It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NOLA Cops Looting too (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   
A friend of mine sent me this and I couldn't believe that the Cops were looting.

www.big-red.myby.co.uk
Alot of the people in New Orleans said they didn't feel bad about looting the Walmart because they said the Police said it was OK. The Police were in isle # 3 doing the same thing.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Has it got to be this bad that we can't trust our own Cops from breaking down and resorting to this?

I don't understand.

[edit on 20-9-2005 by kc0jfy]

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
True story, 200 of them deserted their posts also.
One cop thinks his desertion is no big deal.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   
You may want to work on this submission..

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
What would you suggest I work on I don't think I have ever posted anything before.

I guess I didn't format it properly in all the right places in the grey boxes.

Sorry if I was wrong.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Thanks for the link to the video, but this belongs in a regular ATS or BTS forum, not the news forum.

Zip

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   
OK sorry I didn't know.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Hey, dont take it personally
...I am sure we have all bodged a submission before...

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I won't, I just think I posted it to the wrong place but I thought it would be an eye opener about the state of coruption in New Orleans.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   
My city has the LAST police chief of N.O.
Nothing surprises me that the lefters do and do not do.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Whatever else he may have done before or since, Chief Pennington made great strides in rehabilitating a very corrupt police department in New Orleans. The former mayor Marc Morial pushed through a law in the early nineties that made it mandatory for NOPD officers to live in the NO city limits. This was a blatant racist action designed to limit the pool of prospective officers to blacks, because most of New Orleans is not safe for whites to live in, especially when they live on a police officer's salary and have to enroll their kids in the notoriously egregious NO public school system. That one law made certain that the vast majority of NOPD officers would lose their homes in a catastrophic storm and levee breech. Given the magnitude of the personal loss for some officers, I'm sure that the choice of abandoning their jobs was justified. However, one source has reported that NOPD cars have been found in Texas, Georgia and other states, some with the officers still in them. There won't be much in the way of justification for that kind of action.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I do covert work for law enforcement and for a few scientists..
Have been watching closely how Richard is doing and the MAIN flaw is that the turnover of officers has tripled since he got here.
The officers here can live in revonated housing projects [nice ones] if they stay in the city it is free rent for policing.
We just lost [Shot]an undercover officer who was living in one of those and I think if this is offered, then it is a really good thing he has done.
I did not speak out about the N.O. situation until I KNEW for sure..
Time will tell if it was due to poor upper management of the city and the P.D. in N.O.

[edit on 20-9-2005 by siriuslyone]

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I don't know the situation in Atlanta, except for the recent fiasco with the homocidal courthouse escapee. In that situation, Pennington, et al. didn't look all that swift, but high turnover is sometimes a indicative of a new broom sweeping clean.

[edit on 2005/9/20 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Yes, our city and county politics are in chaos if one just watches the news.
I have lived here my whole life and it is like living on another planet compared to how nice it used to be here..
It is refreshing to speak to one who comprehends the basic roots of a problem.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 12:21 AM
link   
All it takes is enough longevity to remember how things used to be and the common sense to compare then with now. Having been connected enough to understand the gradual changes and cause and effect make things crystal clear. I remember being warned when I was young about how bad things could get if certain social changes ever came about. I was skeptical at the time, but I didn't understand what my elders knew from their experience.

"...[O]ne thing I know, that, whereas I was blind, now I see."

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Corrupt cops in NO. Join the club.

There are plenty of corrupt cops here in Atlanta. I see more cops and I mean PATROLMAN driving luxury cars than any other police force I've seen anywhere else. Are they all bought from Police Auctions? I think not. Yea, things use to be different here. Things are different now. I'm glad someone else said it first.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
>>All it takes is enough longevity to remember how things used to be and the common sense to compare then with now. Having been connected enough to understand the gradual changes and cause and effect make things crystal clear. I remember being warned when I was young about how bad things could get if certain social changes ever came about. I was skeptical at the time, but I didn't understand what my elders knew from their experience. >>.

My granny used to have the mantra 'if you give some folks an inch they will take 10 miles.'.I did not comprehend her at that time.I DO NOW.
I am stuck in the sixties...

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Mirlin;

There is corruption everywhere..this city is missing 30K cell phones, and nobody can find them..You are preaching to the choir here....

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   
This is true. can't say first hand what happens elsewhere, but Atlanta has been my home for a long time. We know what's happening here.

top topics

join