It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Insurgent

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Insurgent
Rising in opposition to civil or political authority, or against an established government; insubordinate; rebellious.
A person who rises in revolt against civil authority or an established government; one who openly and actively resists the execution of laws; a rebel.

Earlier today in a discussion with my husband I stated that I believed myself to be an insurgent & he disagreed & went to look up the definition of insurgent... when he begin to read I said, see I told you I was an insurgent, although one of the definitions did include arm revolt & I in no way support that. But for almost 4 years I have ran a forum on Delphi trying to expose this government & their plan to reshape America.
The above definition of insurgent fits me pretty good, although I am home bound & cannot physically be out leading revolts, I have & will continue to ask people to please open their eyes & see how evil our government has become. The more we depend on them for our wellbeing, the less chance we have of surviving... people need to learn how to become self-sufficent & figure out who they can trust & who they can't...
I soon expect the hold-outs in NO & the rest of the south coast to be considered insurgents by our government & to be treated accordingly. I wonder if/when this happens if those who support this adminstration will even care or will they think these people got what the deserve just like Waco & Ruby Ridge?
It doesn't pay to be poor & different... all I can say it is a good thing that Jesus doesn't choose this time to come back or the religious community would crucify Him all over again.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   
It seems you aren't aware of how Christ will be coming back, elsewise you'd know that those who have good reason to fear His return will be hapless to do a thing to prevent His will being done.

I am very confused with your post. Are you looking for the definition of insurgent, wanting to discuss New Orleans, implying that the government is targeting the poor and black, or are you wanting to discuss the New World Order that controls not only our government bu others as well?

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
It seems you aren't aware of how Christ will be coming back, elsewise you'd know that those who have good reason to fear His return will be hapless to do a thing to prevent His will being done.

I am very confused with your post. Are you looking for the definition of insurgent, wanting to discuss New Orleans, implying that the government is targeting the poor and black, or are you wanting to discuss the New World Order that controls not only our government bu others as well?

Actually I am very aware of how Christ will return, but it will be to save mankind, not to destroy it. Those who have reason to fear His return do not even realize they have reason to fear yet.
I am sorry you are confused, but my post is in regards to all these things & how they tie together to reveal an elaborate plan to destroy most of mankind in order to restore a more "perfect earth"... where animals run free & people are in cages, except ofcourse those who are priviledged.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Good luck, TC.

Very sowwy for the one liner, but you're gonna need it.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Government dependency for ones wellbeing is one of the drawbacks of the welfare system, people should be able to carry their own weight, in my opinion anyway.

Another one-liner
Sorry, heh

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watchman77
I soon expect the hold-outs in NO & the rest of the south coast to be considered insurgents by our government & to be treated accordingly.

Well, the looters wer committing criminal acts and they should be treated like criminals. I would have arrested and imprisoned them. Shoot at one of the rescue helicopters or some of the other aid givers? Get shot at back.

Food I would be more lenient about people stealing. You get caught looting the food, your name is taken down, the price of the food, and the store you got it from. Once the store is reopened you'd have 90 days to pay the owner back. If not, jailtime.

No one is exempt to the law, no matter the circumstances.

df1

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   

According to the bible it seems to me that jesus was an anti-establishment insurgent, at least from the perspective of the romans and pharisees. So I find it quite curious that fundamentalist christians are so pro-establishment. Do you think jesus will return the 2nd time as a business man instead of an insurgent?

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid

LOL Dude, do you think your arse would watch a loaf of Bread Float by if your kids were starving to death in front of you?
There are killing fields and mass graves full of lawful samaritans who stood in line for others making lists.
Trust me, your inner monkey knows no law. You are going to eat, the law be damned.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
LOL Dude, do you think your arse would watch a loaf of Bread Float by if your kids were starving to death in front of you?

Maybe you missed what I said. If you get caught stealing food, you're ALLOWED to keep it, but your information is taken down and you have 90 days after the reopening of the store to pay for it. Don't pay for it, you go to jail.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Maybe you missed what I said. If you get caught stealing food, you're ALLOWED to keep it, but your information is taken down and you have 90 days after the reopening of the store to pay for it. Don't pay for it, you go to jail.

*Sir Yes Sir*

You do realize you have to feed them while they're in jail too
There goes some more taxpayer money, just because some starving dude stole some food and wasn't able to pay for it

Mod Edit: Please u2u me if you have any questions

[edit on 9/21/05 by FredT]

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 05:31 AM
link   

I soon expect the hold-outs in NO & the rest of the south coast to be considered insurgents by our government & to be treated accordingly.

Well, the looters wer committing criminal acts and they should be treated like criminals. I would have arrested and imprisoned them. Shoot at one of the rescue helicopters or some of the other aid givers? Get shot at back.

Food I would be more lenient about people stealing. You get caught looting the food, your name is taken down, the price of the food, and the store you got it from. Once the store is reopened you'd have 90 days to pay the owner back. If not, jailtime.

That is just not true, there are many people who are "above the law" Bush & his bunch have proven this time & again. But ordinary citizens are a different matter all together. I in no way advocate looting BUT I totally understand people not wanting to leave their houses & everything they own & go into evacuee centers where God only knows what they will have to survive. Personally they will have to drag my dead body out to get me out of my home

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by df1

According to the bible it seems to me that jesus was an anti-establishment insurgent, at least from the perspective of the romans and pharisees. So I find it quite curious that fundamentalist christians are so pro-establishment. Do you think jesus will return the 2nd time as a business man instead of an insurgent?

Amen! IF Jesus would return today He would be completely rejected by those who follow today's "christian" religion. The "christ" that Bush & his followers worship is not Jesus Christ, it is the god of war, satan himself.
Bush proved this when he proudly called himself the "President of War". Jesus Christ was the greatest man of peace, even to the point of dying when He could have caused a major uprising & overthrown the Romans & the ruling Jews. Jesus never condoned lifting up arms against the enemy, but instead to do good to your enemies & love & forgive those who abuse you.
It breaks my heart to see just how far those who say they follow Him are pulling away from Him each day, & following instead a man who will lead them straight into the pits of hell.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 05:48 AM
link   

There are killing fields and mass graves full of lawful samaritans who stood in line for others making lists.
Trust me, your inner monkey knows no law. You are going to eat, the law be damned.

Exactly! I doubt anyone would do that. Our first responsiblity is to our family not our government. If my children are hungry I will do the best I can to feed them, if that ultimately means breaking a law then I would do it, simple as that.
The bible does not demand blind obedience to man's law as a matter of fact it warns us of a time when the leaders will be the most lawless of all people & we do not have to obey them(i.e. receiving a mark).
If their leadership draws us away from God & His will then they have no authority over us... that is the case with this administration... to believe they are in anyway following God is not only ignorant, but very dangerous.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Do you honestly believe in a time of such dire straight such a thing would be necessary? Take into consideration that this food is just going to sit there & rot or someone else will take it, why in God's name would anyone just let it float by OR sit in a building to rot when they OR their family are going hungry?
Those business will get their share of hurricane disaster money, they are not going to miss a loaf of bread or jug of almost rotten milk...
Now if we are talking big screen tvs or dvd players that is a totally a different story.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 09:22 AM
link   

The bible does not demand blind obedience to man's law as a matter of fact it warns us of a time when the leaders will be the most lawless of all people & we do not have to obey them(i.e. receiving a mark).
If their leadership draws us away from God & His will then they have no authority over us... that is the case with this administration... to believe they are in anyway following God is not only ignorant, but very dangerous.

So since we don't have to follow the laws, the laws that were laid down thousands of years ago, does that make other things fine too? Can we all go commit murder? Rape? Lie? Cheat? If stealing is okay, why not say those things are okay as well?

You all seem hung up over the fact that I said stealing food is wrong. Well, it's still stealing, isn't it? Stealing is stealing, it's really just that simple.

Do you honestly believe in a time of such dire straight such a thing would be necessary? Take into consideration that this food is just going to sit there & rot or someone else will take it, why in God's name would anyone just let it float by OR sit in a building to rot when they OR their family are going hungry?

No, I don't think people will. Just because it's going to go bad, does that make it okay to steal? No!

Those business will get their share of hurricane disaster money, they are not going to miss a loaf of bread or jug of almost rotten milk...

The money they will be receiving will mianly be for rebuilding, and that's it. Last time I checked there was nothing saying anything about reembursing anyone for stolen property. And no, you're right, the shopkeepers probably wouldn't miss a loaf of bread or a jug of almost rotten milk. But they will miss the hundreds of loaves of bread and the hundreds of jugs of almost rotten milk. All of it will add up to a substantial amount.

Also, you can put an end to the Bush-bashing. It's really unneeded in this thread. And instead of making several seperate replies, you can consolidate it all into one post like I have.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   
First of all I want to know who is going to be taking down these names, a ridiculous idea in my opinion. All perishable foodstuffs, and even most nonperishable will be condemned and disposed during cleanup. If I owned a store in the area I would be glad for anyone who needed the food in my store to take it. In such a drastic situation I doubt there will be monitors taking down names, and there is no excuse for shooting people who are just trying to feed themselves and thier families. Ridiculous!

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by CindyfromFlorida
First of all I want to know who is going to be taking down these names, a ridiculous idea in my opinion.

The same people that were patrolling the streets, looking for this very same thing.

If I owned a store in the area I would be glad for anyone who needed the food in my store to take it.

And then when you needed money to resupply your shop you would get it from...?

there is no excuse for shooting people who are just trying to feed themselves and thier families. Ridiculous!

Who said anything about shooting them? Maybe you should go back and reread all that I've said and try again.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Do you think that I would be able to sell spoiled food? I would have to restock anyway. In answer to your other question-if looters are being shot I think that many innocent people would be killed by mistake-(oops! I thought that case of water was a stereo!)

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by CindyfromFlorida
Do you think that I would be able to sell spoiled food? I would have to restock anyway.

By now all the perishable food has been stolen. In fact, hours after the hurricane it was nearly all stolen. It was not spoiled at the time it was stolen, so it should have been paid for.

In answer to your other question-if looters are being shot I think that many innocent people would be killed by mistake-(oops! I thought that case of water was a stereo!)

Oh maybe the third time will be the charm? The only thing I said about shooting anyone was...

Shoot at one of the rescue helicopters or some of the other aid givers? Get shot at back.

Hope that helps.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 06:14 AM
link   
"So since we don't have to follow the laws, the laws that were laid down thousands of years ago, does that make other things fine too? Can we all go commit murder? Rape? Lie? Cheat? If stealing is okay, why not say those things are okay as well?"

What the heck are you talking about.. We are not talking about "stealing" we are talking about surviving during a disaster. We have already said that IF the people are taking big screen tvs or dvd players that is different. But to "take names & info" on those who are taking bread & water & diapers is completely ridiculous at such a time, the energy would be better spent on helping people rather than writing down the names of those who are just trying to survive like they are some kind of criminals.

"You all seem hung up over the fact that I said stealing food is wrong. Well, it's still stealing, isn't it? Stealing is stealing, it's really just that simple"

No, I don't believe it is stealing in this kind of situation, I know if by chance I happen to be here during the tribulations I will take what I need to feed my family, not by force but if it is laying there & they are hungry I will feed them.
Do you have children? Have you ever heard the cry of a hungry child? I HAVE & it is a terrible sound.

"No, I don't think people will. Just because it's going to go bad, does that make it okay to steal? No!"

It isn't stealing, it is surviving... I pity you should you ever have to find out what that is all about. This food is just going to sit there & rot. The diapers that are floating around are only going to be trashed along with the rest of the debris, WHY should people suffer & die for lack of these things? Do you really believe they should just blindly obey & be herded like cattle into "safety zones?

"The money they will be receiving will mianly be for rebuilding, and that's it. Last time I checked there was nothing saying anything about reembursing anyone for stolen property. And no, you're right, the shopkeepers probably wouldn't miss a loaf of bread or a jug of almost rotten milk. But they will miss the hundreds of loaves of bread and the hundreds of jugs of almost rotten milk. All of it will add up to a substantial amount."

To be honest with you I don't believe for a second that shopkeepers are going to miss any of that bread or rotten milk... if anything they will be glad it was taken so they won't have to deal with the nasty stuff IF they ever get to come back.

"Also, you can put an end to the Bush-bashing. It's really unneeded in this thread. And instead of making several seperate replies, you can consolidate it all into one post like I have.
"

Please explain what you mean about "Bush-bashing" I am a bit confused. Is it the fact I believe Bush to be an evil man & directly responsible for causing this hurricane? If I can't say that there is really no point in me being on this board, because IMHO that IS exactly what people need to be told.
Is the suggestion to "consolidate" only a suggestion OR is it mandatory, because I prefer to keep my post more personal as though I am actually communicating with people & not just talking to a crowd?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join