It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Musicians/ current gigs?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   
There seems to be a lot of musicians here on ATS.
Where are you playing? What kind of Music?

What style do you prefer to play?

I'm currently singin and playin bass with "Catfish Steve and the Caucasians" strictly blues.

Also 6stg with "west ella" southern rock and blues.

We play everything from antique tractor festivals to biker bars. Tonite a local harvest festival. Peace and Rock on!

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I also like playing the blues, and some classic rock.

I do it for fun mainly now, but im always on the look out for some band mates. Just a bad area here now.

I play guitar btw.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I'm in a band based in the west midlands in England. Most of our gigs are in this region, but we are branching out throughout the UK scene as of this autumn. Our music is probably best described as upbeat indie rock, but has lots of ingredients too numerous to list.
Here's a summary of our gig schedule for the next couple of months. Quite a few of our gigs now are opening for signed bands, and there are some exciting things in the pipeline...watch this space lol!

I love playing the blues too, either on guitar or badly on the hammond organ - don't get much chance to jam now though as there's so much serious rehearsing to be done!

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
I'm currently singin and playin bass with "Catfish Steve and the Caucasians" strictly blues.

Awesome-- You never find people sing AND play bass... The plan, pre-Hurricane Katrina, was to have a group of my friends and I kind of search for a drummer and be our cute little band... And it was all my religion teacher's idea... But I play bass and sing...

I've realized that my reply has no significance in this thread whatsoever... I just thought it was cool that you can sing and play bass... Okay...

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Thanks all for your timely response!
Hope more reply and tell us of their dates.
The music button in BTS can become sort ofa clearing house for members.

My current project is playing dobro/slide and harp and sing the blues at every open mike nite in my area. This is a great way to develop a solo act and get a little exposure in an atmosphere where there is little or no pressure. And meet the ladies, play with other folks and generally have a natural ball!

Peace my brothers and sisters!
ONE LOVE!

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alcor

Awesome-- You never find people sing AND play bass...

Geddy Lee of Rush!

One of the best IMO.

new topics

top topics

join