It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: US Threatens to Freeze N. Korea's Assets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Several days ago, the United States told North Korea tha they have five days to show progress in the six nation talks aimed at ending Pyongyang's nuclear ambitions, or it will freeze their assets. So far, on the foruth day, talks have not progressed, and seem to be getting worse.

www.cnn.com
The United States has threatened to freeze North Korean assets if the reclusive state did not toe the line in talks aimed at ending its nuclear weapons program, and said it wanted to see progress within five days.

But the six-country talks in Beijing looked in jeopardy on Friday -- their fourth day -- as Pyongyang hung tough, rejecting a South Korean offer of electricity in return for giving up nuclear arms and insisting on its right to nuclear energy.

U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said the United States was not solely dependent on the talks to get North Korea to abandon its nuclear ambitions.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Obviosuly, N. Korea wants to remain a nuclear threat to the rest of the world since it's not taking any offers from neighboring countries to end its nuclear weapons program. And now it seems Iran is starting to do the same.

I think the more we push these countries to get rid of their nuclear weapons, or to halt their proliferation of nuclear weapons, the more they're going to want to build them.

But then again, do we just let them build nuclear weapons?

Related News Links:
www.washingtonpost.com
www.cbc.ca
abcnews.go.com

[edit on 16-9-2005 by elderban]

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Why you act dumb like "Uh, duh"
So you act dumb like "Uh, duh"
As the drummer boy go ba-rom-pop-pom-pom
Give you some-some-some of this Cinnabun

I too can hear the drummer boy go "ba-rom-pop-pom-pom". Is it really wise to poke this particular Asian tiger?

Whats the aphorism again? If you pull a tiger's tail you better have a plan for dealing with its teeth? Is it really wise to be instigating a confrontation with the likes of North Korea?

I think the American bluff of invicibility has been Irrevokably damaged by its response over Hurrican Katrina. Now they expect countries to bow, scrape and grovel for mercy because America says so? Some how I dont think Kim Jong Il will blink in this one.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   
What assets? The millions Clinton gave to them has already been spent.

Bushco going to freeze the peasants' kimchi of one of the world's poorest nations?

Jongo Bongo won't be intimidated as China stands behind him.

[edit on 16-9-2005 by Regenmacher]

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I got it!
Let's pay all the countries who want nuclear weapons billions of dollars to not build them! That worked for decades.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Good! we need to isolate these dangerous nations as much as we can and if they still wanna build and spread this Nuclear Tech. then we move to Operation ThunderStrike

top topics

join