It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: 11 Children Found Caged in Home

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
mmm passive agressiveness in late morning.

Keeping kids in cages is bad, keeping anyone in a cage is bad, thus prison is a punishment. It be that hard to grasp? I could just imagine right before bedtime there. "Okay my lovely children whom I adore, time to get in your box(cage) Timmy, its time to go to our box, TIMMY! Get in your cage now! (whips out the trusty whip)

I get clausterphobic just thinking about it.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
My comment was directed at the analogy of the trans-sexual in the beauty pageant and was the only part of your response I found offensive. My apologies if you interpreted my response otherwise. You have stated your case well, and I respect your opinion, simply disagree with it, am curious about its basis, and asked for further clarification.

Thanks for providing it.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Ooookay...whew! Well, here we go:

There are no foster parents here. These children were adopted, that means they were only supposed to be checked on a couple of times after the adoption; however, the parents were supposed to have been checked on before the adoptions and somebody messed up all the way around, here.

Fairly certain the parents received monthly SSI checks on all of the handicapped children (however many that was).

It seems they just decided to adopt a bunch of handicapped children for the SSI checks. Maybe that wasn't the case, but it looks bad for them.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
we have been foster parents for 9 + years if their is money to be made I wish some one would tell me, It costs more for us to care for them than we ever recieve in any amout of payment.some one needs to do it

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I held off contributing to this thread for a while, because I was angry, and I wasn't entirely convinced that cages were beyond pale, in certain situations. I actually thought there might just be a clinical explanation for the use of cages.

However, I had a discussion with a tenant of mine this evening, she's an employee for a DSS type organization in the state of MA. She is of the opinion that there is absolutely no reason to ever keep children in cages. In the state of MA even restraints are forbidden, except by hospital staff and LEO's.

Cages would be a very serious violation of child abuse laws in this state.

Now, the lack of blankets and pillows is inexcusable, because there are special items one can purchase that can't be torn or eaten. This was, presumably, the parents 'concern' for their children.

This could be a situation where the parents did what they could in a difficult situation, doing the best they could with the knowledge they had. This is giving them the benefit of the doubt, which I am no longer prepared to concede this couple.

Like I said, I held off for a while because my initial reaction was angry, and I didn't want to crucify the parents if they were, indeed, well-intentioned or following a doctor's orders.

However, I am pretty much convinced now that this is not the case. The people in question took advantage of the system, mistreated the children in their care, and whatever excuses they manufacture, one must consider the facts of the case. There were children in the house, in cages, without bedding.

These conditions are not acceptable. Whatever the parents thought they were doing, they were, in fact, being abusive. If the parents couldn't handle all 11 with compassion and sensitivity, they should have been caring for fewer children.

I could have said the same exact thing two days ago, but I waited, and talked the situation over with someone with experience in these matters. She confirmed my suspicions, and said, in no uncertain terms, there is no place for cages in a child's life. Bottom line, point-blank, period.

[edit on 18-9-2005 by WyrdeOne]

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Doesn't matter how you look at it - whatever was going on there is criminal. Who the hell sleeps in cages these days? And why? Absolutely no need for any nonsense like that surely. Bizarrely some of the posts i've read make it sound as common as sand to sleep in a cage. Go figure...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join