It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Philly Experiment

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Well now we go to Bielock:Bielek's story is even more bizarre than Allende's. He claims that he was transported in time to the future and that here in the future he was brainwashed by the Navy. This brainwashing led him to believe that his name was Alfred Bielek, rather than his true name, Edward Cameron. Upon discovering his true identity, he tracked down his brother who had also participated in the experiment. Bielek claims that his brother time traveled to 1983 and lost his 'time-lock'. As a result, his brother aged one year every hour and eventually died. Bielek then claims that his brother was reborn. Needless to say, only a small group of people believe Bielek and nearly everyone thinks that his stories are based on some truth, but he's exaggerating the truth for personal reasons. This popular opinion seems to be reinforced when Bielek starts remembering things only after having seen the movie "The Philadelphia Experiment". Bielek has a Ph.D. in Physics, so he does have some technical experience. He is also a retired electrical engineer with thirty years of experience. Because of his obvious intelligence and skill, he cannot be discounted entirely. Bielek stated that the technology used in the Philadelphia Experiment was given to us by aliens. However, the germanium transistor, which was what Bielek said had been used, was invented by Thomas Henry Moray...

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   
The Philadelphia Experiement has always intrigued me but the time travel aspects make me suspicious of some of the claims about it. I can't see how time travel could be possible and have never seen anything resembling a plausible hypothesis for it. Time relativity as a science could yield some interesting results perhaps,but actual time travel? Can't see it. The consequences of any movement backwards or forward through time would destroy reality as far as I can speculate.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Loungerist
The Philadelphia Experiement has always intrigued me but the time travel aspects make me suspicious of some of the claims about it. I can't see how time travel could be possible and have never seen anything resembling a plausible hypothesis for it. Time relativity as a science could yield some interesting results perhaps,but actual time travel? Can't see it. The consequences of any movement backwards or forward through time would destroy reality as far as I can speculate.

Actually, according to Einstein's general theory of relativity, there is nothing in the laws of physics to prevent it. Time trave,l therefore, IS possible, but just very hard to achieve. You need the technology to create wormholes not only through space but time.

Just because something's out of reach at the moment doesn't mean it's impossible

We'll get there...eventually.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   
My disbelief in time travel comes from alot of things and not one recognized law or theory in particular. But one law does come to mind that should prevent time travel and that's the Law of Conservation. If one could time travel then they'd essentially be creating something out of nothing since they'd be bringing something to a time when it didn't exist. And if we somehow will find a way to time travel then technically we've already done it. And if we've already done it then the reprecussions of doing it have already destroyed the timestream and/or created multiple realities instead of actually travelling through time.

But since we're all still here I doubt that's happened. Or if it has,there's infinite amount of other Loungerists and Zeta_101s from divergent timestreams having this exact same conversation.

la2

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   
i was thinking about time travel this morning, everything in nature has an opposite entity, even gravity has an opposite. surely time travel is something that could possibly be achieved, it intregues me, however it also scares me stiff!!

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I have read about the Philadelphia experiment, and have watched a few shows on it. What makes me frown is WY PUT SUCH AN ADVANCED DEVICE ON A BATTLESHIP? The simple answer: To test it. Tactically, however, a time-travelling battleship is NOT gonna do much. For those who have played Red Alert and Red Alert 2 I suppose this project would turn into something like the Chronosphere.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   
yes i agree that it could be to test it to move a battleship.

(You are right about the Command and Conquer games, in the manual for red alert it says it is the product of the philadelphia experiment, just to tell you.)

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
The instantaneous transport of the destroyer in the Phila. Expt. story would not necessarily be referred to as "time travel" but rather "instantaneous or virtually instantaneous travel." ("I'm not saying the instantaneous trip happened, just trying to keep concepts straight.) I do think SOMETHING happened there though. -As I understand it, theoretical physics refer to time travel as going backward or forward in time but this story is of a "seemingly faster than possible" trip.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zeta_101

Originally posted by Loungerist

Actually, according to Einstein's general theory of relativity, there is nothing in the laws of physics to prevent it. Time trave,l therefore, IS possible, but just very hard to achieve. You need the technology to create wormholes not only through space but time.

Just because something's out of reach at the moment doesn't mean it's impossible

We'll get there...eventually.

well if you did travel back in time how would you know it if you went back to change somthing like your wife dieing you would never remeber it if you saved her

because as soon as you changed it you would never need to travel back in time

but then again if you did travel back in time and you wanted to change somthing that wouldn't affect you being there then i spoze it would would be possible to remember

um ive kinda lost myself in this

so my contribution would be ive read the theroys and i think its possible and theres also a huge possibility to advance our tech using EM fields that are super cooled

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I was under the impression that the Philadelphia Experiment was conducted in order to make the battleship invisible, not to travel in time. The time travel and the ship appearing in another port, and all the horrible side-effects were just that... side effects. Am I wrong in this thinking?

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
I was under the impression that the Philadelphia Experiment was conducted in order to make the battleship invisible, not to travel in time. The time travel and the ship appearing in another port, and all the horrible side-effects were just that... side effects. Am I wrong in this thinking?

i was commissioned for this yes but thats what supposedly happened its really quite interesting

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I think if you're going to build a time machine, it won't be heavily composed with
metals and electricity.
The only reference of passing time is the awareness of it in your mind. I believe
that the first time machine will be built like a brain! a mechanism that can not
only register, but realise passing time.
I know this may seem radical, but think of it... time only passes in your life.

I know some may say "what about clocks?" but, that's a contraption that
measures a time that's man-made.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by klain

Originally posted by Rasputin13

i was commissioned for this yes but thats what supposedly happened its really quite interesting

i meant it was comissons not me heh

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by IronMan
I think if you're going to build a time machine, it won't be heavily composed with
metals and electricity.
The only reference of passing time is the awareness of it in your mind. I believe
that the first time machine will be built like a brain! a mechanism that can not

i watched a brilliant sci-fi movie once where a man trained his brain by hypnosis to go back in time who knows what are brain is capable of

kind of a bad example but there you go

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by klain

Originally posted by IronMan
metals and electricity.

i watched a brilliant sci-fi movie once where a man trained his brain by hypnosis to go back in time who knows what are brain is capable of

kind of a bad example but there you go

That sounds alot like a movie from the 80's with christopher reeves in it called 'somewhere in time' or something like that. Anyway if even the smallest part of the philledelphia experiment is true and a ship was transported from one harbor to another they have succeded in folding space. Allegedly einstein's unified field theory was a major contributor to the purpose of the experiment, what if it worked? do you know what that means? it means we can find ways of travelling vast distances in space. we can finally make a trip to a nearby solar system in minutes. The only drawback are the reports of the exposure to the extremely high magnetic fields had on the crew. but hey could still send robots!

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 07:05 AM
link   
A moderator should move this thread to the government projects subforum...

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   
If you really think about it, our bodies are time machines. The only remaining issue is the pace and direction of travel. Unified Field Theory postulates that 'relative' positions in time and space can be brought into conjunction by applying sufficient energy to the unified field. This is the same way massive celestial objects literally 'bend' the fabric of space-time around them, just artificially manufactured, controlled, and directed. What the experiment was trying to do was bend space-time around the Eldridge, effectively concealing it from the moment everyone else was experiencing. What may have happened is space-time was actually folded back (or forward) on itself, and presto!, accelerated, directional time travel.

What is then necessary is a system of mapping solar, galactic, or universal coordinates, which we have, and enough power applied properly to bring the 'relative' positions into conjunction in the unified field. Thats where the phased Tesla coils and super generators come in. Solving the issue of the 'time lock' problem then allows humans to participate. As I understand it, that is why Tesla dropped out of the experiment, because he was being pushed to try it on humans when he knew the 'time lock' problem hadn't been solved, and he wasn't willing to risk it.

The government was pushing the pace of the trials because of all the damage the U-Boats were doing to allied shipping and the war effort. Von Nuemann decided to go ahead with human trials anyway. I mean, what good is hiding a ship if there is no one on it to steer it and deliver the goods? We hadn't developed robots or autopilots capable of handling the job at the time.

So, Tesla dropped out of the experiment and was dead within months. Admiral Forrestal's questionable 'suicide' may make him another unfortunate casualty of the experiment, and there may have been many others, as well. We all know how the government likes to keep its secrets, and the lengths to which it will go.

I think it happened, maybe not exactly the way Allende, Beilek, Nichols, and Cameron say it happened, but nonetheless they let the 'genie out of the bottle' so to speak. I also think the Montauk Project, and subsequent, related projects honed and perfected the process, and Von Nuemann tried to clean up his mess by using the Montauk Chair to send people to repair the damage caused by the Eldridge ripping through the fabric of space-time like it did. Of course, the government and the MIC took control of the technology, like it always does, and has been using it to further their own hidden, questionable agenda, doing unspeakable things in the name of 'we the people'.

Thats what I think. (edit to clean up my own mess)

[edit on 12-9-2005 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Wasn't there a rumour at some point that Einstein was there? Maybe this was just an internet rumour....

.... on a slightly different topic - if the government did have some contact with aliens in whatever form and they had to consult some scientists, you would have thought Einstein might have had some input.... just a random thought.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Yes, as I understand it, Einstein was part of the the Princeton think tank that laid the theoretical groundwork for the PX. Then 'they' put him to work splitting the atom to make super bombs that would paralyze a moose (Shel Silverstein ref.).

He probably needed one after he saw what he had helped them do.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
If you are thinking that we/our bodies are time machines, you could be right, after all, people say that when something bad is happening time seems to slow. Another example is when a young girl dreamt that her school was buried by a coal waste spill/landslide, went to school that day... and was killed when her school was buried by a landslide of coal extraction waste.

So it could be possible, if we could fully understand our brains.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join