It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What If?????

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by e-nonymous
Lemme see if reposting this will get an answer yet

So then ... how does the hundred's of *god's* that have been in existance thousand's of year's prior to god and the practice of monothiesm tie in together? A 4+ thousand year gap before a monothiestic god is ever mentioned could hardly be considered a cultural difference. Especially considering how the bible depict's god being there from the very begining ....

You are viewing this from a man documented historical references.....

Lets view it from God's point of view:
What you are refering to are the many facets of Myself (God). You have man made deities and then you have Me....One God..the God of all, All That Is. "My" messages have come in hundreds of forms, at a thousand moments, across the span of Mankind's 'time'.
"It is not God's function to create, or uncreate, the circumstances or conditions of one's life. God created us, in the image and likeness of God. We have created the rest....." Mythology was mankind's early attempts to understand, and belay to others in a way they could understand, a cosmic occurance (God) of which the human soul is deeply aware of, but of which mind has little ability to concieve nor fully understand.
So in trying to understand God, mankind created "deities." A Deity requires and demands. A God, that is God, has no needs. God is All That Is. All That Is is exactly that: all that is. It therefore requires, wants, or lacks, nothing....by definition. Many have choosen to believe in a God that needs something, and has such hurt feelings if He doesn't get it that He punishes those from whom He expected to receive it....then we choose to believe in a God much smaller than God really is. "No my children, please let Me assure you again, through this writing, that I am without needs. I require nothng." Needs are different from desires....

All religions believe in a supreme spirit, being, etc. This is nothing but a 'facet' of describing God.

The Bible and other Holy Texts may have been "inspired" by God, but they were written by men. "And not everything of the Bible authors was included in the final document/book. Even several centuries after the original scriptures were committed to writing, a High Council of the Church determined yet one more time which doctrines and truths were to be included in the then-official Bible, and which would be "unhealthy" or "premature" to reveal to the masses. And there have been other holy scriptures as well; each placed in writing in moments of inspiration by otherwise ordinary men....."

Shakespeare said it well: "There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
God cannot tell you His truths until you stop telling Him your truths.
We can always try to understand God, as we are doing here, and with each and every topic that includes Him, but we will never succeed in doing so with the limited minds that we have.....as said before, by many, God is infinite.

You don't think that God exists...read this little scientific article I found the other day.....mDNA and genetics are a field that has G-O-D written in it and all over it.

Article:
"The Blind Atheist: the unscientific root of Atheism."
www.blindatheist.com...

regards
seekerof

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Is it possible that god is satan? With the ability to pretty much morph or become anything, could religion be the ultimate deception? With contradictions in every text, and radicalism in ever sect of religion, what is the motive of the "higher power" causing religions to fight?

<< 1   >>

join