It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Defence Minister to Announce that UFO's are Real

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
What the hell you talking about?, Great piece of work you have done here. I mean how many past/present Canadian Ministers come to grips with the secrecy and decide to announce the truth that is above not real?

You found it and posted it and thank you Dulcimer for you contribtion to a still controversial subject within the main stream. Note: My son has followed my work for a lot of years and does not believe anything Extraterestrial thus far.

Dallas

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Well, we do have someone who formerly held a very top position, coming forward claiming to believe in the existence of ET craft, etc.

There is something to be said for credibility given his achievements. How many of us have ever become Minister of Defence? Anyone? It isn't something you simply hand out to nutcases....

So, proof? No. Intriguing evidence? Sure, I'd at least bend an ear to what he had to say.... After all, a man formerly charged with defending a nation just MIGHT have some kind of knowledge on the subject....

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
He has been a leader of two political parties and has founded two more or so says his blurb.

Not really one to continue to have the same viewpoints and ideals for a long time it seems.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Let me 2nd what Gazrok said.... this guy was once the Minister of Defense of Canada. He's certainly higher on my list of people to listen to than some nutcase in vegas that makes balloons appear in the sky.

Will this guy produce the "smoking gun"? Probably not. Will he have some interesting insight? Sure.

Most importantly, I can't see why people are trying to discount what this guy has to say before we've heard what it is.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Did anyone forget that the man is 81 years old, and also used such dramaticism in previous electoral lives?

Luxifero

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
His age shouldn't be an issue whether he is 21 or 81...... except that he might not still be around by the time the conference gets here. It is not common for someone who held such high gov office to come forward. My only hope is that he will have some docs or pics or somekind of hard evidence. My main concern is he has never said on record that he has seen a UFO only that he believes they are real. Is that not correct? We need someone in his position that can tell us that he saw one, touched one, rode one or has proof that they are real! Just saying he believes doesn't cut it, hell Jimmy Carter believed, Ronald Reagan believed as did JFK and many others throughout history but it has not taken the veil off.

[edit on 15-9-2005 by Yorga]

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 01:46 AM
link   
For anyone that is interested, here is another related article

Toronto Sun

Quite funny

But Viggiani concedes there are major hurdles to getting a fair and scientific hearing on the alien phenomenon.

He believes governments around the world are withholding information; that the Internet abounds with "garbage" on UFOs, while the media and public concern themselves with daily subjects.

But the biggest hurdle is cynicism and close-mindedness, he said.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Wow,I always kind of assumed that a defense minister would be privy to government ufo knowledge but on the other hand if there is an alien-government contract and while under contract would pose no human threat then anyone in defense wouldnt need to be informed.Why would anyone propose Helyer is not worth listening to before we've heard him speak? The man has some credentials and thats what this subject needs.Im excited to hear any info available and think Dulcimer should take in the show in an mib costume and report back.

[edit on 16-9-2005 by jimstradamus]

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 03:24 AM
link   
lol @ above post, sadly im hundreds and hundreds of miles away.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   
lets not let this post fall to far down the list. When is this guy supposed to give his seminar, unless he already has given it, what was the outcome?

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I'm going, picked up my ticket today

Should be interesting to hear this. Plus Friedman is there as well so what more could you ask for. I'll try and report back with some details.

brill

[edit on 22-9-2005 by brill]

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   
so what happened brill!!!???

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Dulcimer,

Great post.Good info.I am canadian so i knew about this,but other people here i'm sure they found about through your post.
Keep posting here,don't worry about people questioning all the anles of this story.Personally i don't know of any former US defence minister who might have done the same thing..please,anybody,correct me if i'm wrong.
As another poster put it very well : if the guy was 21 yrs.old,he would've been a fool...if in this case he's 83 yrs.old so he's definitely a fool...

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by porky1981
so what happened brill!!!???

Well it was an interesting event. About 100 people showed up with the following speaking agenda:

Richard Dolan
Stanton Friedman
Paul Hellyer
Stephen Bassett
Paulo Harris was a no show due to medical reasons.

Richard Dolan was a good speaker with the best presentation. He spoke about a lot of the common points of ufology but delved into a few things I personally hadn't heard or read about (Catherine Fitts for example).

Stanton Friedman was awesome, actually spoke briefly with him as well. He presented some of the history and facts surrounding MJ-12 but was very direct and exuded confidence. Guess that's to be expected given his extensive background.

Paul Hellyer was a pleasant surprise. He delivered the message that Philip Corso's book "The Day After Roswell" is a legitimate passage with respect to what happened at Roswell. I think the expectations were very high given his former occupation and political standing. He is in the camp now that questions both past and present government actions and cover-ups relating to UFOs and extra-terrestrials. At one point during questions he basically stated that the government lies have to stop.....an astounding admission from someone who served those very same governments. He was questioned about past Canadian and global events as related to UFOs, specifically the Shag Harbor incident, but had no details to share. He also stated that UFO's are "as real as the planes over our heads".

Stephen Basset pushed the U.S. agenda heavily (the Secret Empire), doomsday clock , etc.. It was his first Canadian visit so the obligatory but droll jokes were tolerated. Nice guy and he sure liked the spotlight. I'd say a lot of his material is somewhat common knowledge in the UFO community but he did present some interesting facts.

Media coverage, as expected, was awful. They basically showed up for Hellyers speech which was a shame since they missed Dolan & Friedmans presentations. They started packing up halfway through Bassett's talk and were even subjected to ridicule from an audience member during the question period. The individaul questioned why media coverage was not more substantial but let's face it the Disclosure Project under Greer, which was much larger, never received the media attention it warranted.

Overall a good event mixed in with some additional Mexican UFO video footage that I hadn't seen before. Oh and for those who brought up Hellyers age it was clearly not a factor. Hellyer was very well spoken and received.

brill

[edit on 25-9-2005 by brill]

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Thank You Brill,

Very interesting info.Wasn't there anybody that maybe filmed the whole thing ? I wouldn't mind see the whole thing if available.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Thanks for the info brill, im going to give you a vote.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bursuc
Thank You Brill,
Very interesting info.Wasn't there anybody that maybe filmed the whole thing ? I wouldn't mind see the whole thing if available.

No problem, not much of a review but hope it offered some insight. There was some footage captured by "someone" sorry I don't have more details. There may be details posted on the exopolitics site at some point about getting footage.

Originally posted by Dulcimer
Thanks for the info brill, im going to give you a vote.

Thanks for the vote

And a bigger thanks for letting others know about this event....wouldnt't have heard about it without your original post.

brill

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
An newspaper article appeared about the symposium:

Hellyer claimed America is working to deploy alien weapons. "The US has developed the aliens' own weapons to the point they can be used against the aliens from space....What crimes have they committed? They may have abducted a few people but they haven't killed anyone."

www.thevarsity.ca...

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Thanks Dulcimer for the information and thanks brill for your great report. I give you my two last votes of the month.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I too was at this event and I agree with the above poster that the media coverage was a shame to say the least...

Click on this link to watch Hillyers (Former Defense Minister) speach, click on Paul Hillyer
www.checktheevidence.com...

On another note the Daily Planet show on the Canadian Discovery Channel was there and did a segment on it..
You can see their segment which aired Sept 27th here, click on Alien Invasion...

www.exn.ca.../27/2005

P.S. Dulcimer if you send me a PM I will send you a link where you can help some fellow Canadians.....

[edit on 2-10-2005 by like2learn]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join