It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My take on Quetzalcoatl and the Serpent of Eden

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Hi, this is my first post detailing something I've been thinking about for a little while.

In the Genesis story, God curses the serpent to forever crawl on its belly and eat dust, this got me thinking, how did it move about before it was cursed to crawl on the ground?
I'd known about Quetzalcoatl, the Aztec gor of wisdom and later the morning star for a while. He is supposed to be a winged, plumed serpent.
This got me thinking, were the serpent of Eden and Quetzalcoatl the same?

I don't have much else to say on this, I'm not a Chritian myself nor do I follow any religions as such, I'm just very interested in both of these tales.
Another thing which kind of sparked these thoughts is the practice of Kundalini yoga. In Kundalini yoga the aim is to awaken your Kundalini, which is a coiled spiral of energy located in the Muladhara chakra, which is thought to be based between the genitals and anus. The Kundalini spiral (or serpent as it is someties called) spirals up the body, opening the different chakra points on the way up until it reaches the crown chakra which is based above the head, it then spirals out into the universe and you are supposed to feel enlightened by this.

Basically, I can just see parallels between this and the serpent of Eden (who awoke within Eve the knowledge of good and evil by temping her to eat the apple) and Quetzalcoatl, who is the god of wisdom.

What do you think?

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 12:44 AM
link   
well when ya think about it, man was thrown from eden for eating from the tree, if Genisis is code, then the tree they ate from could of been the tree of knowledge, and your theory is correct, but then again one could argue that the fyling snake could of been a dragon, whitch is why we dont have any now, god removed there wings.

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by seedy_sid
well when ya think about it, man was thrown from eden for eating from the tree, if Genisis is code, then the tree they ate from could of been the tree of knowledge, and your theory is correct, but then again one could argue that the fyling snake could of been a dragon, whitch is why we dont have any now, god removed there wings.

In Judaism, which is what Christianity is based on, Adam and Eve ate from the tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, which is different to Wisdom. Basically, they (maybe unwittingly) broke from God's control. Before they could not do either Good or Evil, they could only follow God's will, but the serpent freed them from that constraint and made is so they could decide for themselves whether to follow Good or Evil.
If you think about it, the Serpent did God a favour, wouldn't you want your children to be good through choice rather than through force?
On the dragon thing, yes, it could have been a dragon, I just see that as a title.

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Dany, welcome. I can see that you are very open minded from what I hear you say. I can see you becoming a respected member here.

I can see the link between wisdom and the tree of good and evil. To farther this connection is to say that Quatzalcoatl was satan...hmmmmm

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheManWithThePlan
Dany, welcome. I can see that you are very open minded from what I hear you say. I can see you becoming a respected member here.

I can see the link between wisdom and the tree of good and evil. To farther this connection is to say that Quatzalcoatl was satan...hmmmmm

Possibly but not necessarily. The Serpent is never actually mentioned as being Satan. Satan is just a word which means adversary, in my mind, that would make Satan at least as powerful as God because you cannot have an adversary that can do nothing against you.

It could be that the church demonised Quetzalcoatl, like they demonised Cernunnos of the Celtic Pagan pantheon and tried to connect the Serpent to their Devil.

The church has done a fine job of muddying the waters when it comes to religions by demonising everything outside of their God, whom I doubt many of the leaders of the church even believed in.

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 01:47 AM
link   
true, but satan can still be an adversary even though he is not as powerful as god. Gods power could cover a greater area but equally powerful power distribution [
] from the devil could be confined to a more limited space. So, lets say god is twice the power as satan, then god could cover twice as much ground (without sacrificing influece) as satan. You still got the areas where satan has control. that is bad!

[Edited on 2-9-2003 by TheManWithThePlan]

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 01:55 AM
link   

true, but satan can still be an adversary even though he is not as powerful as god. Gods power could cover a greater area but equally powerful power distribution [
] from the devil could be confined to a more limited space. So, lets say god is twice the power as satan, then god could cover twice as much ground (without sacrificing influece) as satan. You still got the areas where satan has control. that is bad!

That's a pretty interesting concept, I'd not thought about it like that before.
I don't see a Satan figure as being the bad guy myself, I mean, the only person who's testified to that is God, and God's done some pretty foul things himself if you go by the Old Testament.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 03:29 AM
link   
this material is from the following people at www.cassiopaea.com and is freely distributed to those that want it, though I do not know if it still appears on this website.

Q: (L) What was the flaming sword barring re-entry into the garden of Eden?
A: Symbolizes trap.
Q: (L) A self-imposed flaming sword?
A: Yes.
Q: (L) Where was Eden?
A: Earth.
Q: (L) The entire earth was Eden?
Q: (L) Was the "fall" in Eden, or the loss of the Edenic state, also accompanied by a cataclysm?
Q: (L) What was the nature of that cataclysm?
A: Comets.
Q: (L) The cluster you have mentioned before?
Q: (L) And, how long ago did this occur?
A: 309882 years ago.
Q: (L) Was the loss of the Edenic state also accompanied by a takeover of mankind by the Lizzies?
Q: (L) Who were the original creator gods?
A: Us. Sixth Density.
Q: (L) The Cassiopaeans? Were the Pleiadeans also the original creator gods?
A: Same. Sixth Density.
Q: (L) What was the true identity of the serpent in Eden?
A: Lizards.

Q: (L) Regarding the "Fall" in Eden and the loss of the Edenic state, how long ago did that happen?
A: 309000 years ago approx.
Q: (L) What was the situation... what happened... what was the state of mankind?
A: Loss of faith caused knowledge and physical restrictions by outside forces.
Q: (L) What did the snake or the "tempter" represent?
A: Forces known to you as Lizzies; we have already taught you this.

Q: (L) The other night we were talking about the "Mark of Cain" and I lost part of the tape. I would like to go back over that a little bit more at this time. What
was the true event behind the story of the "Mark of Cain?"
A: Advent of jealousy.
Q: (L) What occurred to allow jealousy to enter into human interaction?
A: Lizard takeover.
Q: (L) Wasn't the Lizard takeover an event that occurred at the time of the fall of Eden?
Q: (L) Was this story of Cain and Abel part of that takeover?
A: Symbolism of story.
Q: (L) This was symbolic of the Lizzie takeover, the advent of jealousy, and the attitude of brother against brother, is that correct?
A: Partly. The mark of Cain means the "jealousy factor" of change facilitated by Lizard takeover of earth's vibrational frequency. Knot on spine is physical
residue of DNA restriction deliberately added by Lizards. See?

[Edited on 15-9-2003 by THENEO]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
i found this interesting...

Quetzalcoatl is often referred to as The Feathered Serpent and was inseparable from the planet Venus.

en.wikipedia.org...

also, if you were to look up "Lucifer" in an encyclopedia or dictionary, it says that it stands for the "morning star", or simply, Lucifer is the planet Venus...

In Latin, the word "Lucifer", meaning "Light-Bringer" (from lux, lucis, "light", and ferre, "to bear, bring"), is a name for the "Morning Star" (the planet Venus in its dawn appearances).

en.wikipedia.org...

so, could this 2012 Quetzalcoatl thing be the coming of Satan?

the image of the Quetzalcoatl serpent devouring man doesn't help matters either...

personally, i believe this whole 2012 episode is going to be positive, but other than that, i'm not certain...

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Technically, Quetz has more in common with Jesus than he does Ha'Satan specifically, and there is some parallel between the two, both were killed for their beliefs and both were 'good' champions of the people, etc and both were tempted, Quetz by Tezcatlipoca another, slightly more unpleasant diety, by the skin-flaying people of the time scale at least.

Also bear in mind, that Lucifer is more a transliteration error, because the bible was written in Koine Greek, and then transliterated by various people into Latin, partly through the Hebrew, but mostly the Greek, the word the original scribe (whos' name I forget sorry) used was something like theosphorus, and should never have been used, Lucifer as a concept is unlikely to be Ha'Satan. It was because it was taken from a second transliteration, through to Latin, that this error occured, since the original Hebrew, had more hidden meanings.

There are also considerable myths surrounding Quetz return, and the ancient 'Wanderer' of the Indian myth which to be honest, scares me somewhat by the weirdness factor of it all. 2012 IS supposedly as you say the date when Quetz is set to return, but many modern day Mayans and Aztecs suggest 1987 and 1998 as the actual dates their calendars 'stopped' and started afresh. Its a job to know who or what is telling the whole truth.

Try some of these:
heavenawaits.wordpress.com...
www.angelfire.com...
perdurabo10.tripod.com...

EDIT: Missed one link

[edit on 2-4-2009 by ejsaunders]

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Well, I have to admit, this is a really interesting post! I always wondered how Satan, and snakes, got around before they were forced 'to crawl on their belly'. I also think the idea of hearing that Satan not being the 'bad guy' is welcoming, I thought I was the only one who believed that, one of the reasons I live on ATS. Church folk don't seem to understand the need to question things.

I really am interested in that interaction though, the tree of Good and Evil or the Tree of Knowledge, really the two go hand in hand. Without any distinction between good and evil we really don't have any knowledge, and vice versa. So was 'Satan' trying to help or was he really trying to win one up on God...

I suppose we won't be knowing for a while...well...unless that whole 2012 thing ends up being true.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Yes, the serpent is satan

He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan, and bound him for a thousand years Revelation 20:2

Satan appealed to Eve's desires - that there was hidden knowledge that could make her wise and more like God, and that she wouldn't die as a result of 'eating' the fruit.

This same belief is at the fore front of many religions and cults - Hinduism, Buddhism, Freemasonry, Mayan, occultism, Mormonism, apostate Christianity, ufology cults, Islamic Shi'ites, Jewish Kabalah, Gnosticism etc

"Man is becoming god" - ADOLPH HITLER

Known as "ascension", "spiritual awakening", "global consciousness", "spiritual evolution", "the Christ consciousness", "evolution of consciousness", "the divinity within", "dimensional uplift", "enlightenment", "Adam Kadmon"  and among atheists as "transhuminism and "post humanism". 

All words describe the same thing - the promise that through gnosis, knowledge, that man will transcend into a different being....into the original state of Adam. 

Even the President of Iran offered it in his last UN speech

"He (Imam Mahdi) will come and he will cut through ignorance, superstition, prejudice by opening the gates of science and knowledge."...."-He will come to return all children of Adam irrespective of their skin colors to their innate origin after a long history of separation and division linking them to eternal happiness."...."he will come as a girl" m.latinospost.com...

Kundilini is the supposed 'serpent goddess' coiled around the spine which brings 'enlightenment".  Interestly, tree and spine are from the same root word in Hebrew. And yes, Quezecoetal is but just another representation of this 'spirit'. There are 33 vertebrae ....Sodomy is often used to force open this serpent enlightenment and the innocent public cannot even begin to understand why the practice is being taught to our kids....

The numerous 'scientific' articles being published are extolling that everything from how we vote to our beliefs are determined by genetics. At the same time, the MSM and media keep reinforcing the belief that "religious fanatics" will be the death of the world - that we must embrace a new singularity and a new consciousness to survive....that 'quantum physics' is related ....all just prep to foster the acceptance of this coming "evolution of man". It's Kaballah all the way through.

The Greek alphabet comes from the Phoenician alphabet which, in essence, is the same as Paleo Hebrew.  χξς (chi xi sigma, '666) would be rendered in Phoenician as:
χ = which is a picture of crossed sticks
ξ=  which is a picture of a thorn or branch
ς= Stigma means a mark and like the letter ξ was used to represent a coiled serpent.
Hence, the pictograph meaning of the χξς is a serpent on the branch of a tree.  It is the equivalent of the tree of knowledge of good and evil and perhaps the kundilini serpent coiled around the spine tree....

Jesus was clear, He is the Way, the Truth and The Life.

Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. John 3:18

Why will those who are condemned, perish? Because they never learned to love the truth, but instead, loved the lie more. Satan has been released and is actively deceiving the nations with the same words he used in the garden. The end is known from the beginning.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

i don't see god as Ominiscent. According to the bible, his influence would be constant in the world. And i don't see that. Perhaps what you suggested, is a proof that the Bible is based on other myths.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Actually, the Serpent in the Tree of Knowledge in the Garden of Eden was a reference to the very popular Hebrew mother goddess Asherah. Her symbol was that of a snake in a tree. It was likely an attempt to demonize Asherah as the Hebrews moved to monotheism.

Curiously enough, Asherah's name was "she who walks on water," and one of her other symbols was a cross. So you can see how Christianity tried to re-incorporate Asherah symbols into Christian mythology to win over Jews. Jesus occupies her position in the Father-Mother-Son triad, and the mother goddess is replaced by the Holy Spirit, symbolized as a bird.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
this material is from the following people at www.cassiopaea.com and is freely distributed to those that want it, though I do not know if it still appears on this website.

Q: (L) What was the flaming sword barring re-entry into the garden of Eden?
A: Symbolizes trap.
Q: (L) A self-imposed flaming sword?
Q: (L) Where was Eden?
A: Earth.
Q: (L) The entire earth was Eden?
Q: (L) Was the "fall" in Eden, or the loss of the Edenic state, also accompanied by a cataclysm?
Q: (L) What was the nature of that cataclysm?
A: Comets.
Q: (L) The cluster you have mentioned before?
Q: (L) And, how long ago did this occur?
A: 309882 years ago.
Q: (L) Was the loss of the Edenic state also accompanied by a takeover of mankind by the Lizzies?
Q: (L) Who were the original creator gods?
A: Us. Sixth Density.
Q: (L) The Cassiopaeans? Were the Pleiadeans also the original creator gods?
A: Same. Sixth Density.
Q: (L) What was the true identity of the serpent in Eden?
A: Lizards.

Q: (L) Regarding the "Fall" in Eden and the loss of the Edenic state, how long ago did that happen?
A: 309000 years ago approx.
Q: (L) What was the situation... what happened... what was the state of mankind?
A: Loss of faith caused knowledge and physical restrictions by outside forces.
Q: (L) What did the snake or the "tempter" represent?
A: Forces known to you as Lizzies; we have already taught you this.

Q: (L) The other night we were talking about the "Mark of Cain" and I lost part of the tape. I would like to go back over that a little bit more at this time. What
was the true event behind the story of the "Mark of Cain?"
A: Advent of jealousy.
Q: (L) What occurred to allow jealousy to enter into human interaction?
A: Lizard takeover.
Q: (L) Wasn't the Lizard takeover an event that occurred at the time of the fall of Eden?
Q: (L) Was this story of Cain and Abel part of that takeover?
A: Symbolism of story.
Q: (L) This was symbolic of the Lizzie takeover, the advent of jealousy, and the attitude of brother against brother, is that correct?
A: Partly. The mark of Cain means the "jealousy factor" of change facilitated by Lizard takeover of earth's vibrational frequency. Knot on spine is physical
residue of DNA restriction deliberately added by Lizards. See?

[Edited on 15-9-2003 by THENEO]

Please don't tell me you believe all of that.

top topics

join