It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The research forum: now it's time for something that makes a difference

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Actually, I do need a (serious) research team for a cultural question about Africa, SARS, Ebola, and how the culture of the government itself contributes to health care problems in those countries. I'm lookikng for specific newspaper and journal reports... not Hysteria reports.

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Any chance of an Global Earth Changes subfora for this? Also, when are applications to be accepted for scholars?

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 06:23 PM
link   
k satyr I sent you a u2u.

For those interested in John Titor: I'm going to write a serious proposal today or tmmrw. If its accepted, then anyone who wants to be can be a team member ... but I only want like 5-7 members. Anymore could get complicated.

I intend to research what was said and structure it into some kind of open data base format (yes
). It would also be nice if the information could be presented in a directory structure (like windows explorer), which would make for easier comphrension.

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I'd like to claim a 'Research Fellowship' in the area of 9/11:

* political dimension - how government and media have positioned statements about 9/11, and steered coverage of enquiries to avert detailed public scrutiny of all possible causes other than the 'official' government conspiracy

* engineering and aeronautical aspects of the collapse of WTCs and strike on the Pentagon

* aspects of national security failure

* marketing/propaganda aspects, insofar as the cover-up has allowed an administration to further its predisclosed agenda based on heavily branded images such as War On Terror and Operation Iraqi Freedom.

There will be dozens of potential research topics spun off - some have already been covered at ATS but the majority, particularly those generated out of the citizen-led truth commission proceedings, have yet to surface. There is new info every day.

9/11 was what took me to a link to ATS and landed me in the research asylum in the first place.

[Edited on 2-9-2003 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 11:03 PM
link   
breath...take it somewhere else....manwithplan....breath

hey Masked Avatar, I woul really like to be on the research committee on 9/11. It could have the greatest scope and impact out of all other research topics. So, am I in or what?

[Edited on 2-9-2003 by William]

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Hey Man (TMWTP)!

It's possibly not my call, but you have runs on the board and I noticed you commented on this on another 9/11 Topic. Consider yourself "nominated" and research away!

The other member who I've noticed is a serious viewer of this research as a main focal point, is Peace, who I hope will be interested as well.

What would be REALLY fantastic is if we could somehow get one of the "Four Moms" on board at ATS... I posted on them elsewhere. I expect their details are publicly available, but whether or not any of them has an interest in sharing with this research asylum remains to be seen!

[Edited on 2-9-2003 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I would suggest that some sort of 'peer review' be used to ensure the quality of the research in this forum.

That is, real academic institutions maintain quality by subjecting papers and dissertations to a review by experts, who question and try to take apart an idea --- the point is, if research is clear, logical, and backed-up by data, the ideas it generates should be defendable.

This is how real research is done. A scientist submitting a paper to a journal like 'Nature' must have his draft put before a review board convened by the journal. Someone hoping to attain a doctorate must submit their dissertation before a similar board... and, even seniors, at upper level colleges, must write and defend a Senior Thesis before the professors in their department.

To be frank, without any type of critical, self-checking, ATS will not produce anything that serious/mainstream science/media will be interested in.

I suggest that a board of some type be formed for every project. The people on it should be members with related degrees from accredited universities and colleges. I know that someone else said, to effect, that degrees are for people who just want to play the game... but, really, many people around here do not understand the real work that goes on in academic institutions. Yes, you can 'learn it on your own', but, unless you've subjected your ideas to a rigorous cross-examination by people who know the subject you are talking about... you've never really 'learned' what you yourself are saying.

I'm mentioning this before I leave because I do want ATS to produce quality research.

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Where do I sign up? This is the best idea ever.

William RULES!!!

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams
I would suggest that some sort of 'peer review' be used to ensure the quality of the research in this forum.

The problem with a "peer review" of the material developed here is... who are the peers? It's hard enough to find a conspiracy expert with credibility, much less one who also has a degree of credibility with mainstream media.

For now, our best bet is to pick our team leaders wisely and trust them to manage a tight research crew... that's more than any other similar effort can say.

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 04:05 PM
link   
when we you be saying who is team leader(S) coz me is wondering

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 04:14 PM
link   
William,
Well, yes, 'peers' are few and far between in the world of conspiracies... But my thinking is that we/you pick people who have degrees in the general fields certain conspiracies fall under.

For instance, the ATS members with degrees in chemistry could act as the board for a research project on chemtrails.

Now, there isn't a coresponding area of study for every ATS topic, but I think that most, fundamentally, fall into one category or another.

Obviously, there's no need to have such a group untik any project is completed. As I assume any research project will take between 8 months and a year, that gives ATS plenty of time to find and recruit experts from the membership.

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I'd love to be a team member (not leader) on any topic in the area of UFOs, Religion, Cryptozoology, Ancient Civilizations, Psychic Phenomenon ...

Not sure what kind of credentials you're looking for....kind of hard to make a living chasing UFOs, but it wouldn't be fair to call it a hobby, as I devote a lot of time to independent investigation into these topics... I've read just about every book in publication on UFOs (and when I see one I haven't, I check it out of the library, hehe...) And, I've got quite a knack for internet research.... I have a rather basic college degree, but school rather bored me and I can't stand to listen to professors be wrong, hehe...

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 01:26 PM
link   
how do u become a scholar then? coz i really wanna post my research about machines

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I find Titor interesting. I've done a tad of research and here are links to my thoughts thus far.
His name may not have been titor. He did say he had been sent to retrieve the IBM machine because he was related to a key figure in the developement in the IBM series.

www.vintage.org...

He said that the phone service was through the internet:

www.inc.com...

He made mention of his friends working for a wireless internet node company:

lewisflyer.collegepublisher.com...
Mad cow disease:
www.usatoday.com...
www.upi.com...

Leaps and bounds in Nano and Quantum Physics:

nanotech.physorg.com...

Cancer being treated with some form of virus that makes huge progress in curing the disease:

www.sciam.com...

He said the computers were much more advanced:

news.nanoapex.com...

Non-Lethal Weapons that turn out to be very lethal:

www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...

Solar energy:

www.powerlight.com...

Hydrogen fuel:

www.h2cars.biz...
www.osti.gov...

Lets just keep an eye on the Olympics:

www.olympic-usa.org...

I never found anywhere in any of his posts that he said which olympics..summer or winter?

This is research done a few months ago and may be outdated. I will continue soon and will keep posting all findings. As a civil war is to become apparent in 2008 to most of us ..I guess we should just watch closely at news and happenings around that states.

l

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join