It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The PODcasts are coming, the PODcasts are coming!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I've got the accent giggles.

I must say your audio is very clear outside the obvious vocal distortion, did you use a professional microphone?

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   
(hrm.... imagining Nerdie's accent)

Yes. I obtain a decent quality unidirectional mic. After listening to the OverCast in full-mode (synced in iTunes, to the iPod, and through ear-buds), I upped the bass-boost a tad too much. I'll need to fix that.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Id like to add my thumbs up to a brilliant addition SO, good opening cast too, I hope you do more of them as well as post more often! We don't nearly as see much of you as we like, though I know your busy sorting the site out half the time. I need to get my posts up a touch for this, also dig up my mic in preperation,hmm what to talk about i wonder? Probably just end up describing myself and how I got into conspiracys and such.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 10:22 PM
link   
All those in favor of a MODcast say..

ATS ROCKS!

Those against say...

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 12:41 AM
link   
SO, you are a genius. I feel like I could just about hug you bout now.

I just listened to the first podcast, and I am amazed. I remember back as recently as early 2004 we were nothing more than a simple discussion board, dedicated to discussing things noone dares discuss. Then BAM!, P@ATS, then a new server. Now podcasts.

I think that these podcasts are proof that ATS is now the worlds most advanced and overall best discussion board on the net.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 05:28 AM
link   
*grins like a happy little gnome*

I thought Podcasts were a little gimicky when I first heard of them, but actually seeing them up on the site has made me change my tune a little.

ATS grows and grows, and where it stops nobody knows!

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Some tweaks are needed to the PODcast upload function to ensure submitted material is 100% compliant with iTunes requirements. I should be able to finish that tonight, then post the official announcement... but some preliminary info:

PODcasts are subject to normal ATS T&C
You earn 2500 points for getting on the feed
The first 10 members submitting 4 minutes or more of their own voice get an ATS T-Shirt
We'll be having a contest for the best PODcast (as voted by members), winner gets 6GB iPod Mini

More details later.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Thanks to SO for setting this up and congrats on a professional implementation.

BTW, SO you have a great radio voice. Might want to drop the intensity of the flanging/phasing/chorus if that's what you added...sounds a bit odd. A bit of compression and maybe a touch of reverb should be enough to smooth and warm the vox.

I agree with what you said about unscripted broadcasts being the best. Scripted broadcasts come across like essay recitals or something and will usually put you to sleep pretty fast. Something about the pauses, 'um's and 'uh's that adds to the listener's anticipation and adds a more personal quality to the recording, as if the speaker were addressing the listener in conversation.

Can't wait to hear Simon's "English schoolgirl" voice, though.

[edit on 2005-8-27 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Wowweyyy...

SO has a graspy sexy voice...how about some blues ???

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
It's Majic Time

Oh baby! Audiophile that I am, I SO into this!

I just looked into this whole podcast business yesterday, and now I am totally psyched.

Grab your microphones and testify, brothahs and sistahs!

See you in PodSpace...

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Majic's PODcast is now part of the feed.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
FEED Me Seymour!

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Majic's PODcast is now part of the feed.

...and the world was never the same again... :shk:

(Thanks SO
)

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Some tweaks are needed to the PODcast upload function to ensure submitted material is 100% compliant with iTunes requirements. I should be able to finish that tonight, then post the official announcement... but some preliminary info:

PODcasts are subject to normal ATS T&C
You earn 2500 points for getting on the feed
The first 10 members submitting 4 minutes or more of their own voice get an ATS T-Shirt
We'll be having a contest for the best PODcast (as voted by members), winner gets 6GB iPod Mini

More details later.

Would that be for just ATS submissions or ATS, BTS and PTS?

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Love the podcast Majic, very professionally done! I doubt mine would come close, besides which I've yet to think up anything to talk about.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Do It Yourself PODcasting

Originally posted by picard_is_actually_a_grey
Love the podcast Majic, very professionally done! I doubt mine would come close, besides which I've yet to think up anything to talk about.

Thanks! Bear in mind that I'm a ham, though, and I record music as a hobby. I'm the guy you do not want to hand the microphone to at a wedding (or funeral)

I urge any and all ATSers with a microphone, an attitude and something to say to give it a shot. You don't have to be as dramatic or cheesy as I am. Heck, just hop on and say something nice about yourself.

If nothing else, it's neat to hear how other ATSers sound. It brings us closer together as a community and reminds us that we are all ultimately brothers and sisters (who squabble accordingly), and not just disembodied blocks of text floating around on the Internet.

ATS Member PODcasting is just getting started, but it's big. Very big.

I predict that if this technology succeeds in the ways I expect it to, it will change everything.

Everything.

Come PODcast with me. The future we dreamed of yesterday is here today.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Thread closed.

Please use this new thread: Official ATS PODcast Announcement for any questions and comments about podcasting on ATS.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join