It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Canada Sends Navy To Arctic North

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   
There's no doubt the US will always have a military presence in the Arctic and I don't mind that at all. They have a state up there they need to take care of and if they want to help us out, well that's right neighbourly of them. I don't even much care about the subs cruising about because nobody can see them doing it. It's the big ships that diminish our claim.

I'm sure that some deal could be arranged to satisfy both parties. Just fax us a list of ships that will be in our waters once a month. Sort of like a Nexus pass.

Supporting our claim really is in the US's best interests. They could even sell us some equipment.

One of the other neat things I had read about was a sonar-warning system around the entire perimeter of Canadian waters. We would know the minute someone crossed the line. We would immediately forward that information to our partners in NORAD.

It's a win-win kind of thing. We would never ban them from the passage.

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Being Canadian it's strange I've only seen this as a brief news story a few time but never realy looked at the issue or found out much about it. Reading the input from all the members that posted has given me insight into a story that could be important in Canada's future dealings with other nations and has had me looking around the web for more information on this subject. So thanks for that.

I don't have anything of value to add to the thread in the way of more evidence at this time but I do believe this belongs to Canada, and it will stay that way.

For bringing this to my attention:

You have voted MickeyDee for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

I have to go now......
*member heard that Pedersons live in next block, had to go clean .303 Enfield*

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join