It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you earn points?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldEagle
I think we should put a ranking system on ATS. Like a star rating [1-5] that appears in the members mini-profile or a hierarchy. This can help make members more eager to make better quality posts because the want a higher rank or a better star rating.

The color of the post bar serves the same function. Just not many folks know about it.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Just another question/suggestion... Shouldn't posting pictures or links earn extra points? I'm specifically referring to the Crypto forum, where there are so many posts with people saying "I saw this thing..." with a text description, while others give wonderful pictures of strange creatures, links to certain sites, etc. Some even (overall on ATS) go that far as to do some editing on pics to prove a point or to get behind the truth. Shouldn't these posts with some visual (or audio aids) get something extra for their effort? It’s just so much more fun to see a picture of something and speculate over it, than to read a description and speculate that. (Imagine how short the “Gold Chip” thread would have been without the physical proof…
)

Personally I love posting pics - and some hate me for always wanting to post a picture of whatever I'm referring to - but it does really help to make a point, not?

I know it’s not always possible to give a visual or link, therefore those who do give them, should be rewarded with something extra. Just a thought.

[edit on 8-9-2005 by Gemwolf]

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I like this idea, using star rankings that everyone could view would be a good way to go.

Give yourself a star from me!

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
This is what the star rating system might look like. I think it would be interesting and there could be a point multiplier for people with higher star ratings, like 1 star 1X points per post, 2 stars 2X points per post, 3 stars 3X points per post. To make it fair, if you are inactive on ATS for a prolonged period of time then you lose a star.

It's just a suggestion, you don't have to make a big deal of it.

I think it would be a good promotional for ATS because for some bizarre reason, there are not as many ATS members online at any given time then there use to be. I remember seeing like 350 members on continually and now its only 150.

[edit on 9/8/2005 by GoldEagle]

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by forum345
i was just wondering if you earn points by the more replys you get on a thread or what?

I've read some great responces from a number of members, so I think you got your answer.

So from me to you, this post sends 2 points to you for starting the thread, and I get 1 point for just getting involved and wanting to say something.

Cheers............

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 03:23 AM
link   

I think it would be a good promotional for ATS because for some bizarre reason, there are not as many ATS members online at any given time then there use to be. I remember seeing like 350 members on continually and now its only 150.

It goes up and down with the season. Back to school is a bit slower(barring extreme event)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join