It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where we are going to get more troops!!!!!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Seems Army recruitment was exceeded for August:
Army Exceeds Recruiting Goal for August, Still Short of Annual Goal

seekerof

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Thanks for the update, but the worst scenario came to be, when the disaster in the south prove that we needed to bring troops home from Iraq to help. he,he.

funny the first 300 troops to be in NO were troops that just got back from Iraq.

Things in our country when it comes to national safety is just but an Illusion.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

funny the first 300 troops to be in NO were troops that just got back from Iraq.

It makes sense to me, if you have troops that have their bags backed why not use them. They are already working well as a unit since they have been working together for a year now instead of the occasional weekend. Perhaps it was an engineer regiment that would be useful in plugging the levees?

Things in our country when it comes to national safety is just but an Illusion.

Of course it is an illusion. I'm not sure who started it though.
I usually recall the government saying before big storms hit to either get the heck out of dodge or if you choose to stay have plenty of food and water to support yourself and leave a next of kin to be notified when you die. Why do they tell you this, probably because they realize that it will be several days until a significant amout of outside help will arrive. My line of thought is if you are relying on the government for your immediate safety you will almost always be disappointed. You don't honestly think that if a nuclear weapon goes off in a city near you that the government is going to be knocking on your door 2 hours later to bring you water and food or evacuate you, do you. Your safety all comes down to how well you prepared yourself and your family for a disaster.

<< 1  2   >>

join