It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: What Big Oil Companies Do Not Want You to Know

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Some residents of St. Cloud MN., are actually standing at the gas pumps and grinning at others that drive by. How is that possible you ask? The answer is simple they purchased their gas at $1.75 a gallon in advance and had it stored in a "gas bank". The First Fuel Bank was started back in 1982 and some residents who were lucky enough to buy fuel in during December of 1986 are only paying 77.9 cents a gallon or roughly $2.00 cheaper then current main stream pump prices.

www.wichitanewsbrief.com

Some people in Minnesota actually are smiling when they go to fill their gas tanks. That's because they are paying $1.75 per gallon. How? They purchased their gas last year in advance, having it stored in a "gas bank". A company there sells gas in bulk quantities to customers, stores it in tanks, allowing customers to use it until their gas card says they have used up their allotment. Of course, the downside is that there are limited outlets to fill up at, but, for those who can take advantage of it, that's a small price to pay. The company has been in business since 1982, and doesn't have any plans to expand its operation outside of Minnesota.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

What I would like to know is why the main stream media has not covered this story? Is there perhaps some kind of conspiracy between big oil companies and the media, since it is obvious the big oil companies would not want us to know that there are ways of keeping down our fuel costs?

Can you imagine what might happen if others set up similar gas banks through out the U.S.? My guess is that oil prices would drop since big oil immediate profits would fall drastically; knowing that people have banked fuel at cheaper costs and big oil would not want that.

Here is an example; it shows a price chart for 1986. Note in December of 86 the price was around 77.9 cents that means that anyone who purchased their fuel during that month at those prices are now only paying that price. Our evening news carried the story and mentioned one man who bought approximately $3,000 worth of gas at that time and his wife got rather mad at him at the time, however now she is singing a whole new tune. edit to add: the video that CNN is now showing is not the same as the one I viewed. They are two different videos the one posted below shows the lady that part is correct and her husband only paid 1300 while the other shown at the ending is one who put up three thousand dollars. Just wanted to avoid the confusion between what I saw and what is now be posted below.

Granted there would only be limited outlets where you could refuel at those prices, but it would be nice to see more pop up through out the U.S. The Card you get is similar to a pay as you go Cell Phone card, you buy a set number of gallons at your selected price and once used up you have to purchase another.

This story was not posted simply because of the gas prices; it was posted to make people aware there are alternatives available that big oil does not want you to know about.

Related News Links:
www.firstfuelbank.com

[edit on 8/20/2005 by shots]

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Very smart people. I never heard of a gas bank before. The ultimate in inovation.

I wish i could interview these people and ask them what else they know.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   
If you know the Futures Market, you can hedge you energy cost that way also.

Long/short/puts/calls.

Roper

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   
CNN just ran a video on the story you are talking about.

www.cnn.com.../video/nitn/latest

Click on Top videos or Picks it is under both then scrool down to Fuel-efficient drivers and click on the link.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Its similar to a guy in England about 10 years ago. he invented a flag that sat on to of peoples houses that was packed with semi conductors solar absobant materials and other stuff. this flag was attatched onto a bank of batteries in your loft or garage/ whatever and it turned every vibration into usable energy. no need to pay for electricty again.

he vanished a few years later after trying to market his invention...

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   
A good idea and why not. Most countries have strategic petroleum/oil reserves salted away for rainy days. Makes sense that individuals would capitalize on the same concept to reduce costs. Lets face it, even if you bought into the scheme now you'd still save money. Oil prices arent coming down ya' know

Thanks for sharing it with us shots

[edit on 20/8/05 by subz]

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   
prepaid gas bank sounds good but i see the likelyhood of somene buying it all up and selling it like a middle man lol.....

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roper
If you know the Futures Market, you can hedge you energy cost that way also.

Long/short/puts/calls.

Roper

You stole the words right off my keyboard

Anyone can do essentially the same thing if they open up a futures account. Just take your profits from the rise in the price of unleaded gasoline (or crude oil or heating oil or natural gas or whatever) and use it to pay your higher gas bills.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Well djohnsto77 great minds do think alike.

Roper

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
how are they saving anything? they buy it regular price then pay again when they use it....arent they actually charging more this way..well not more but only 8 cents below average...

[edit on 20-8-2005 by namehere]

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I've considered both options. Either buying a lot and keeping some on hand so when prices go up I have a backup stash (but i dont know how to keep it good and fresh....) or just open a futures account to fight the costs, hehe... Problem is lack of money :O

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
We have fuel tanks on our farm. Our fuel bills are insane, but lately we have been saving big on some bulk purchases.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by namehere
how are they saving anything? they buy it regular price then pay again when they use it....arent they actually charging more this way..well not more but only 8 cents below average...

[edit on 20-8-2005 by namehere]

I think you may have misread somthing namehere, they do not pay twice.

It works like a prepaid cell phone card. You buy the card at one set price and that price is guranteed until your minutes run out; only in this case you buy a set number of gallons of gas.

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 12:34 AM
link   
The introductory paragraph to this news story is almost identical to the introductory paragraph of the actual article, complete with grinning/smiling reference.

As for the story - buy low, sell high? I think I've heard that one before...

Zip

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zipdot

As for the story - buy low, sell high? I think I've heard that one before...

Zip

The story does not state buy low and sell high. It says buy low use when high there is a difference.

join