It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Duma

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
It's about Soviet EMP's and the target, USA.

Long article, but worth the time!

www.stevequayle.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
instrumentation to measure the effects on the ground from a blast that was some 400 kilometers in altitude.

The above is from your link.... But I think 400 kilometers in altitude from Sea level is in the middle of space outside of the atmosphere of this planet....

I cant imagine that we have exploded a nuclear weapon in space....

This shows a single weapon detonated at the northwest corner of Iowa, and it shows it at about 600 kilometers high, and this would blanket all of the United States.

Thats even farther out.....So far in fact that you would have to have some serious mega tonnage to even damage anything within that range ON EARTH. Let alone in space where you have a 360 degree field effect, which is much less effective then a mid air burst that use the ground to compress the shock wave of the blast.

What a load of crap that is, there is no way to produce that much EMP energy to knock out every electronic device in America with just one high altitude nuclear detonation.... no way
[edit on 19-8-2005 by robertfenix]

[edit on 19-8-2005 by robertfenix]

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   
The US Military was so worried about such effects from burst at extremely high altitudes that the only US ABM system (which would have had multiple-megaton detonations at altitudes of several hundred miles) was taken off alert after only 1 day of operation.

Oh, and both the US and Russia have tested nuclear weapons at very high altitudes, high enough to start to see these effects.

Here are some links, but most of the good stuff is almost certainly classified.
www.fas.org...
www.princeton.edu...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.physics.northwestern.edu...

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I've always wanted to see a nuke in space or blow up in air, 360 degree explosion, cool fire ball...A proper fireball..

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
I've always wanted to see a nuke in space or blow up in air, 360 degree explosion, cool fire ball...A proper fireball..

No fireball in space, just a brief flash of light, and that's it (with the accompanying radiation of course). Without an atmosphere there's nothing to support combustion.

Star Wars Monkeys, not just for special effects anymore...

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
No fireball in space, just a brief flash of light, and that's it (with the accompanying radiation of course). Without an atmosphere there's nothing to support combustion.

Star Wars Monkeys, not just for special effects anymore...

Yeah, I mean the whole fireball thing was like in air..

new topics

top topics

join